[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Gotta See Jane

Gotta See Jane

I have several versions of this R Dean Taylor song. I seem to recall a version that featured the cello comes in at 00:36 very prominent in the mix but for some reason I don't appear to have this version any longer. Does anyone know where this can be found?

mb,

Here's the first pressing mix that was issued, from TCMS 1968: -

[[You'll need ProxyFlow or some other proxy unblocker to play the TCMS videos).

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by bradburger; 06-29-2017 at 08:01 PM.

And the second pressing alternate mix, from TCMS 1968 also: -

Cheers

Paul

And finally, the stereo L.P mix, from the 'I Think Therefore I Am' L.P, issued on Rare Earth: -

[[The picture is of the mono single pressing!)

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by bradburger; 06-29-2017 at 08:20 PM.

And here's the 1971 Rare Earth single promo release, a stereo mix this time: -

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by bradburger; 06-29-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bradburger View Post
    And here's the 1971 Rare Earth single promo release, a stereo mix this time: -

Cheers

Paul
    Thanks Paul, think this version is the one I have hear in the past.
    Just found another mix on the Motown Dance Party 2 cd which I had forgotten about where the cello is really prominent. I wonder if this is a total remix for that album as it was mastered at Abbey Road Studios here in London.

Martha Reeves sings this song. It's called gotta see James.
    https://youtu.be/tg2jaq1BVss

And The Messengers too ------

Gotta See Jane on Motown Dance Party 2

Name:  Motown Dance Party 2  LR.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  87.3 KB

The version of ''Gotta See Jane''' on Motown Dance Party 2 rocks! It's a shame that there is no credit given, but whoever was twiddling the knobs at Abbey Road definitely turned the ''Oomph'' dial up to eleven when they mastered this set. Motown/Hitsville USA-mastered Motown Dance Party 1 seemed to receive the same treatment as all the tracks are crystal clear with emphasis on the rhythm to get folks dancing. But it's Gordon Frewin's track selection for Dance Party 2 that out-does Vol.1, which is a bit 'same-old, same-old', and his UK-compiled set includes lots of local biggies like ''Jane'',''The Onion Song'', ''There's A Ghost In My House'', ''Third Finger, Left Hand'', ''Behind A Painted Smile'' etc. alongside dance hits by DeBarge, Lionel Richie and Diana Ross. Even the few mono tracks on Dance Party 2 really jump out from the speakers. R.Dean Taylor worked hard to make some great recordings and they're definitely worth hearing on Motown Dance Party 2. Especially on July 1st. Happy Canada Day to any other Canucks out there!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by TomBairdFan; 06-30-2017 at 02:54 PM.