[REMOVE ADS]

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Juniors gonna blow for yer again

Some Earl Van

Dyke

and to finish, some San Remo Golden Strings

Quote Originally Posted by RichyP View Post
    and to finish, some San Remo Golden Strings

I don't think I've ever heard this one before. Thanks RichyP.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I don't think I've ever heard this one before. Thanks RichyP.
    Hi Marv
    This was 1966, It was re-engineered / overdubbed? 1971, but I like this Raw version

As a few non-Motown songs have been included I thought I'd mention this one by the Four Tops. It's a really good track, perhaps with an edit a possible single at the time too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2haBm9W546g

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    As a few non-Motown songs have been included I thought I'd mention this one by the Four Tops. It's a really good track, perhaps with an edit a possible single at the time too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2haBm9W546g
    Oh yes I remember when the Four Tops use to open their concerts with this song. Thank you Rovereab.

Marvin Gaye - "Your Unchanging Love" from 1967!

Marvin Gaye - "Your Unchanging Love" from 1967!

Love it Marv.

Every Time I See You I Go Wild

1967:

My favorite Stevie Wonder number, and on single release form, it was the B-Side, to "I'm Wondering". Anyhow, to let you guys know, my favorite Stevie Wonder period was his mid-late sixties period, with his voice and energy as rollicking and exciting, as it was wild and mischievous.

1966:

Around the same time yet unreleased, as it eventually was unearthed on A Cellarful of Motown Volume Two, J J Barnes:

"Despite expectations of a prolific career at Motown after his contract was bought from Ric-Tic, there appears to be little in the way of new recordings in the Motown vaults. However, what there is shows that JJ should have gone on to be a major player in the label's history. Here he shows his ability to take a song and make it his very own on a track that first appeared by Stevie Wonder on his album 'I Was Made To Love Her'".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7K8I4RyFxA

1978:

High Inergy, on their "Steppin' Out" album. Quite a sizzling, disco-fied attempt, I shall compliment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxAbcOUmhks
    Last edited by Ngroove; 08-04-2017 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    Every Time I See You I Go Wild

1967:

My favorite Stevie Wonder number, and on single release form, it was the B-Side, to "I'm Wondering". Anyhow, to let you guys know, my favorite Stevie Wonder period was his mid-late sixties period, with his voice and energy as rollicking and exciting, as it was wild and mischievous.

1966:

Around the same time yet unreleased, as it eventually was unearthed on A Cellarful of Motown Volume Two, J J Barnes:

"Despite expectations of a prolific career at Motown after his contract was bought from Ric-Tic, there appears to be little in the way of new recordings in the Motown vaults. However, what there is shows that JJ should have gone on to be a major player in the label's history. Here he shows his ability to take a song and make it his very own on a track that first appeared by Stevie Wonder on his album 'I Was Made To Love Her'".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7K8I4RyFxA

1978:

High Inergy, on their "Steppin' Out" album. Quite a sizzling, disco-fied attempt, I shall compliment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxAbcOUmhks
    Great information Ngroove and I like that song! I also loved Stevie's music during that period of the mid to late 1960s.

The Jackson 5 - "Ready Or Not ( Here I Come)"

Jimmy Ruffins version of a Labi Siffre song, from his Polydor tenure

Jimmy Ruffins version of a Labi Siffre song, from his Polydor tenure

That's a nice mellow song. Thanks RichyP!

I love Jimmy's version of "Family Affair" from that album too...

And while were on the subject of Jimmy Ruffin let's have this absolutely wonderful Philly-Disco track...!!!

[QUOTE=TomatoTom123;406878]And while were on the subject of Jimmy Ruffin let's have this absolutely wonderful Philly-Disco track...!!!

Hey TT and Marv
    We love Jimmy don't we, even when he doesn't sing!!!

Here's another great track

Some Smokey I think..

Nice one Richy... how 'bout this from the same album... Smokey does Disco... and Smokey kills it!!

Some Smokey I think..

That was a masterpiece and one of my all time favorite solo Smokey songs!

Jose Feliciano "Lonely Teardrops"

Can I get a witness to Marvin Rockin'

"Can I Get A Witness"

I still love this rollicking track...so unusual for the Marvelettes and especially for Wanda singing lead on songs like this. If the group's earlier lineup was still intact at the time, I imagine this would have been a Gladys vocal, but I think Wanda still does a great job with it.

I love the deconstruction of "Someday We'll Be Together" which makes it a totally different song than that which provided the Diane-led Supremes their swan song.

Definitely not heard enough!!!

Tammi Terrell "Come On and See Me"

Love this one too! Tammi crushes it on the live version!

Another brilliant number not heard too often. Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - "California Soul"

Love the song but the whole is it Tammi or Valerie doing the vocals? So I just try to enjoy it for the beauty of the song.