[REMOVE ADS]

honest man Guest

help with THE TAMLA MOTOWN SOUND album scan

Hello would someone post a scan off THE TAMLA MOTOWN SOUND album, please i had it on album,cannot find, need to compile my own, the album was a european release,if i remember it had various motown acts on the cover GLADYS AND PIPS 4 TOPS, DRATS[WEARING BLACK AND WHITE DRESSES FROM ED SULLIVAN [IRVING BERLIN TRIBUTE].That'a all i can remember, hopefully someone can help out, thank you ,cheers.

honest man

No bells ringing with me..I need to know more. What was on it. Was it a coloured sleeve?

is it the lp with eddie kendrick's this was the home of johnny mae? and we'll have it made,spinners?
    i'm sure i have this,i'll have a look!fingers crossed!
    Last edited by tamla617; 01-22-2011 at 02:19 PM.

the album i'm thinking of hasnt got those photo's on.its called the motown sound vol 1 on uk tamla motown its a long link try it!i've taken a photo of it,and i've also found this on ebay,link below!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VARIOUS-ARTIST...213741ff4c88dd
    Last edited by tamla617; 01-22-2011 at 02:54 PM.

honest man Guest
    Hello no it's not that album but thank you. i have that album ,the cover has the 3 acts on the front plus thetemptations with green tcb suits the marvelettes stevie and jimmy ruffin, i think the gladys and pips is from feelin bluesy, thats all i remember, it is like a beige-mustard colour, it is a collage [exscuse spelling,not french.ha]of these acts. nd i love it, the title is blue upper case THE TAMLA- MOTOWN SOUND,any offers, cheers, come on john, ha

honest man Guest
    sorry gladys pic from silk n soul, cheers,

i've looked through a complete list of uk tamla motown lps and cant find one with that title.i admit i could have missed it,its a long list!i remember a dutch released series of albums,more or less a repackaged chartbusters,i think they were called the tamla motown sound.
    there is someone on sdf that was something to do with the "dutch" tamla motown,right now i cant remember who it is.

Tamla617-That's Robbert

Honestman....can't you remember any tracks..I am wondering if it might be Italian or French. I need more nudges though. Italy used Tamla Motown Sound on their 45's.

check this out then! blk and white dresses and temps in tcb gear.are there!its a german release gotta be the one!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LP-Various-Art...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by tamla617; 01-22-2011 at 04:18 PM.

theboyfromxtown
    thanks i was wracking my brain who it was

Well done Tamla617

honest man Guest
    EUREKA, thank you JOHN and TAMLA617 for your input ,time and energy amazing find, thank you loads, cheers .

my pleasure.i had to find out what it was too,as i couldnt find it in my stuff and in the usual places curiosity got the better of me!