[REMOVE ADS]

Minnesota Officer Acquitted in Killing of Philando Castile

I can't believe it! He killed a good man. I have no words.......

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/16/u...tile.html?_r=0

The jury consisted of 10 white people and two black people. For several days the vote was 10-2 before the last two holdouts relented. The two black jurors voted to acquit on the first ballot; the people who thought he was guilty were both white. I hope nobody else is killed by a cop, but I'll feel less bad if those two black jurors are the next two that they kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    The jury consisted of 10 white people and two black people. For several days the vote was 10-2 before the last two holdouts relented. The two black jurors voted to acquit on the first ballot; the people who thought he was guilty were both white. I hope nobody else is killed by a cop, but I'll feel less bad if those two black jurors are the next two that they kill.
    This all was some pretty sad news. An innocent man once again is killed for basically nothing and the only defense the cop could come up with was "I was scared to death". He was caught racial profiling Mr. Castile when radio'd in that the "suspect" in a robbery had a "wide nose" just like Mr. Castile had............

Yes. I stopped watching ABC News last year after they played the audio of the pig reporting that he was stopping the car without letting their viewers hear the reason. It would have taken less than five more seconds, but they wanted to make it sound as if it was something other than racial profiling. If I knew anybody on that jury, I'd have to cut them off. I don't believe violence solves problems; I haven't been in a fight since the 8th grade, but I'm pretty sure we'd be fighting today.

I guess a "post- racial America" is still a little ways down the road,huh?...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I guess a "post- racial America" is still a little ways down the road,huh?...
    Post-racial America will never be across the board. Some people have left their children and grandchildren the gift that just keeps on giving........hatred and racism!

It's a Jeff Sessions' directed police state now. It's open season on killin' Black folk, and the murderers get off scott free.

This is true. He's even abandoning decrees that police departments voluntarily made with the Justice Department to address past history of abuse. He's a devil and he won't be missed. I pray that his lack of memory in the recent Senate Intelligence Committee hearing is indicative of his complicity in the Russian debacle. I'd love to see his ass doing a perp walk, even knowing that he'd soon be pardoned.

You have to see this! It is the dash-cam video of the traffic stop and murder of Philandro Castile! It was released today AFTER the cop, Jimino Yanez was acquitted.

Mr. Castile followed all the rules and instructions and still was murdered. The officer claimed he stop him because of a broken brake light. Later it turns out that Officer Yanez was racially profiling Mr. Castile saying that he had a "wide nose" similar to a robbery suspect. They acquitted him anyway.