[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes Live at Valley Forge [August 19, 1972]

This must be the first half. Hope the second part gets loaded:

This was before I moved to Valley Forge. It sounds like Smokey as the MC.

they had tight harmony. this was a good line up

Was there ever a bad line up?

blah blah blah

I just saw this. They were tight

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    I just saw this. They were tight
    You did? Lucky guy! That voice we here introducing them, was that Smokey Robinson?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You did? Lucky guy! That voice we here introducing them, was that Smokey Robinson?
    I didn't mean I saw them live[[I wasn't born for more than a decade when this came out). I meant I just saw it on YouTube

I didn't mean I saw them live[[I wasn't born for more than a decade when this came out). I meant I just saw it on YouTube
    Oh! Sorry. LOL!!!!

One of Mary's best ever solo's! Is this performance with Cindy or Linda. I assume Cindy as it was 1972 but pic seems to show Linda

The video/audio clip is gone already! Why? This will certainly never be commercially released so why not let the fans enjoy it? What's the big deal?
    Last edited by longtimefan; 06-11-2017 at 11:37 AM.

This is with lynda

This is with lynda
    I do believe it was. JML were such a great line up. Jean and Lynda had so much natural chemistry. They were , and still are close friends. I wish they had joined up with Cindy when they left the Supremes. So many missed opportunities.

agreed Bluebrock.. I think they could have continued on but I do think both Jean and Lynda may have been pregnant at the time which may have been the reason both left the Supremes, although it has never been clear as to why and or when they actually left but I think it was late 1973.
    I do think that would have been a good line up.
    I was surprised Cindy didn't stay in Flos or join back in at some point. but even with Flos ,...Jean left again...

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    agreed Bluebrock.. I think they could have continued on but I do think both Jean and Lynda may have been pregnant at the time which may have been the reason both left the Supremes, although it has never been clear as to why and or when they actually left but I think it was late 1973.
    I do think that would have been a good line up.
    I was surprised Cindy didn't stay in Flos or join back in at some point. but even with Flos ,...Jean left again...
    Why did Freddie Poole leave all of a sudden?

Why did Freddie Poole leave all of a sudden?
    Go ahead Marv!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Go ahead Marv!
    He just wants another opportunity to diss Lynda yet again. Don't give it to him. Lynda was/is a splendid vocalist with great stage presence and a lady with a wicked sense of humour. She and Jean were magic together. Let us not start any more trouble and get back to the original topic,

What is he talking about?

Was there ever a bad line up?
    nope, they always gave it their best. The damn clip is gone! Just my luck. Grr.

detmotown - I have the concert. PM me and we can see about emailing you the tracks

I love all of the lineups and all of the of the girls. Some of the lineups though were stronger in the studio than on stage. I think the MJL and MSS lineups had more issues with blend when live. Listening to the Live in Japan set from 73, their three voices don't blend as nicely as the MJC lineup. And with Susaye, I think the three voices and the vibratos sometimes made their live performances harder to blend.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    detmotown - I have the concert. PM me and we can see about emailing you the tracks

I love all of the lineups and all of the of the girls. Some of the lineups though were stronger in the studio than on stage. I think the MJL and MSS lineups had more issues with blend when live. Listening to the Live in Japan set from 73, their three voices don't blend as nicely as the MJC lineup. And with Susaye, I think the three voices and the vibratos sometimes made their live performances harder to blend.
    I agree with that . The Original Supremes had the best blend followed by Jean, Mary and Cindy.

honest man Guest
    why did freddie poole leave all of a sudden?
    who's this freddie poole geezer........................

Very true sup. I think when Frank Wilson let loose Mary and Cindy it was another reason for their continued success after Diana. They had a beautiful, exciting sound that really hadn't been heard.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Very true sup. I think when Frank Wilson let loose Mary and Cindy it was another reason for their continued success after Diana. They had a beautiful, exciting sound that really hadn't been heard.
    The Supremes records always sounded better when the Supremes were singing.

Yep. Just listen to them on Stoned Love! Amazing

I agree with that . The Original Supremes had the best blend followed by Jean, Mary and Cindy.
    I agree, just listen to DMF sing Somewhere live.

I agree, just listen to DMF sing Somewhere live.
    This is another and my favorite example.....

This is another and my favorite example.....

Nothing to say, but damn as a trio will always be no. 1.

Nothing to say, but damn as a trio will always be no. 1.
    This is why I don't even listen when others start trying figure who is singing what on Supremes records. This one is "pure supremes" and you know all of them could sing extremely well.

The Supremes records always sounded better when the Supremes were singing.
    Now that is something that i can totally agree with you about.

I think the line up with Lynda had a lot of potential. She brought back some spunk and a strong soprano into the group that had been missing since Florence left.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Luke that is the best! Man those girls could harmonize. Mary has such a good vocal range. Thanks!

Here's another great example of the exquisite harmonies the original Supremes were capable of producing:

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    The video/audio clip is gone already! Why? This will certainly never be commercially released so why not let the fans enjoy it? What's the big deal?
    Somehow RIAA owns the rights to these unreleased recordings.
    This explains why the audio quality is so good.
    I will upload the recordings of the show separately, enjoy this version of Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You/Quiet Nights

Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    Somehow RIAA owns the rights to these unreleased recordings.
    This explains why the audio quality is so good.
    I will upload the recordings of the show separately, enjoy this version of Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You/Quiet Nights
    Whoa! That's the best quality I've heard of this show. The version I have sounds like someone with a tape recorder in his pocket sitting at the show. I wonder what the story is behind it and the RIAA.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Whoa! That's the best quality I've heard of this show. The version I have sounds like someone with a tape recorder in his pocket sitting at the show. I wonder what the story is behind it and the RIAA.
    There are actually two recordings: a high quality short set, and then a poor quality version of a full concert. The high quality version has a lot of energy, and shows a charisma in Jean that's missing from the "In Japan" concert.

The recording with good quality is from the first show, unfortunately I only have the first 20 minutes of it.
    The other audios with very poor quality are from de 2nd show.

These are the tracks I have
    Opening - TCB
    Stoned Love
    60's Hits Medley
    Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You/Quiet Nights Of Quiet Stars
    Love The One You're With

I tried to upload these tracks together on YouTube, but the video was taken down, because RIAA claims to own the copyrights.
    This explains why the quality is so good, it couldn't have been recorded by a fan with a tape recorder.

Here's another part of the show, The 60's Hits Medley

Last edited by Weslley Francisco; 08-31-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Thanks. I'm not sure what to make of this. Jean kind of all over the place!

Can I add a bit of a rant here? This is why I have no hesitation buying good quality bootlegs that music fans painstakingly put together. Here's a concert which many people would love to have, and would pay for, but the copyright owners just hold it back with little if no intention of ever releasing it.

I have bought many bootlegs from the Supremes fan overseas who has created Expanded Editions and even new albums from whole cloth including Ross' "Baby It's Me," [[from the download I imagine), "We Remember Sam Cooke," "Sing Country Western and Pop," and many others.

I know many folks oppose bootlegs on both legal and moral grounds, but I still say, you can't stop the music! [[Oops, I think that was that really awful Village People movie! Sorry!)

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Can I add a bit of a rant here? This is why I have no hesitation buying good quality bootlegs that music fans painstakingly put together. Here's a concert which many people would love to have, and would pay for, but the copyright owners just hold it back with little if no intention of ever releasing it.

I have bought many bootlegs from the Supremes fan overseas who has created Expanded Editions and even new albums from whole cloth including Ross' "Baby It's Me," [[from the download I imagine), "We Remember Sam Cooke," "Sing Country Western and Pop," and many others.

I know many folks oppose bootlegs on both legal and moral grounds, but I still say, you can't stop the music! [[Oops, I think that was that really awful Village People movie! Sorry!)
    Kenneth I'm with you. My problem isn't the people who buy bootlegged material of music not available, it's the people who sale it. I personally think it low down for someone to financially benefit from music they don't have a legal right to and not even offer those with rights [[the writers, producers, maybe even artist) a percentage. I know it's hard for us to think of things this way but we really don't have a right to this stuff. The music actually has rightful owners. Now if someone were asking to be reimbursed for the dollar it cost to purchase a blank cd in order to give it to you, or even be reimbursed for shipping costs, I see nothing wrong with that.

Listening to M. Wilson sing Can't Take My Eyes Off You is worse than Chinese water torture. The woman has zero musicality. Her voice is anything but musical. Her voice is flat, dull, and downright ugly. Her timing, phrasing, and interruptation of this classic song are lawsuit worthy. Other than that, I loved it.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 09-01-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Listening to M. Wilson sing Can't Take My Eyes Off You is worse than Chinese water torture. The woman has zero musicality. Her voice is anything but musical. Her voice is flat, dull, and downright ugly. Her timing, phrasing, and interruptation of this classic song are lawsuit worthy. Other than that, I loved it.

Circa 1824 you have made it abundantly clear in numerous postings that you are not a fan of Mary Wilson. To spare yourself any further agony, why don't you avoid any postings relating to her. You do have a choice!

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Kenneth I'm with you. My problem isn't the people who buy bootlegged material of music not available, it's the people who sale it. I personally think it low down for someone to financially benefit from music they don't have a legal right to and not even offer those with rights [[the writers, producers, maybe even artist) a percentage. I know it's hard for us to think of things this way but we really don't have a right to this stuff. The music actually has rightful owners. Now if someone were asking to be reimbursed for the dollar it cost to purchase a blank cd in order to give it to you, or even be reimbursed for shipping costs, I see nothing wrong with that.
    I understand and agree that there is a difference between a fan producing the music for other fans vs. some "entrepreneur" who just wants to make money. The bootlegs I've bought seem to be produced very deliberately in small quantities, and are so beautifully done with elaborate artwork and all, that I simply can't see how the fellow can make much money off them. Anyway, to me it's all about the music and if the stuff isn't coming out irregardless of the bootlegger doing it himself, I just can't see the harm.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmo View Post
    Circa 1824 you have made it abundantly clear in numerous postings that you are not a fan of Mary Wilson. To spare yourself any further agony, why don't you avoid any postings relating to her. You do have a choice!
    He is entitled to post his opinion it is a forum,and i totally agree with him by the way,MIAOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW