[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Did you see the cabinet meeting he had yesterday? They all, one by one, sat there and praised Donald Chump after he commanded every one in the room speak. Not one dared tell the emperor anything he didn't want to hear. H'd probably fire them if they did, just like he blocks people on Twitter.

BTW, did you see my new thread?
    https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...on-WikiTribune
    Actually, I believe General Mattis praised our troops.

Why? Just because she's a woman?

It may be anecdotal, but I have met a LOT of White women who are very angry that Hillary lost. The problem is that they didn't vote because they believed all the lies about her. And, women didn't put Chump over the top. It was White men. How did they achieve that? Not enough people who should have voted didn't. They stayed home.
    So do you think those men voted for Trump because he was a man and she was a woman? Trump, a candidate with no political or governing experience whatsoever? Why would they vote for a candidate for the top job in the nation that had no experience?

I think people voted for Trump because they didn't want Hillary and what she represented for them. They wanted some change.

We have the same thing here in France with Macron, though of course our president is much more intelligent [[it's not that difficult lol !)

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    I think people voted for Trump because they didn't want Hillary and what she represented for them. They wanted some change.

We have the same thing here in France with Macron, though of course our president is much more intelligent [[it's not that difficult lol !)
    It's amazing that Macron's new centrist party is set for a landslide victory, whereas we've just reverted to the old, boring two-party politics in England.

Bernie Sanders or Joe Biden would have made better Democratic candidates. Hilary was a better candidate than Trump!

Did you see the cabinet meeting he had yesterday? They all, one by one, sat there and praised Donald Chump after he commanded every one in the room speak. Not one dared tell the emperor anything he didn't want to hear. H'd probably fire them if they did, just like he blocks people on Twitter.

BTW, did you see my new thread?
    https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...on-WikiTribune
    Yes it was like something youd expect to see in North Korea. The Cheeto in Chief is the most insecure and petty and childish man on the planet and the fact that hes President still gives me shivers down my spine 6 months later. Hes the worst of the worst and a hes a pathalogical lair and a crook.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    So do you think those men voted for Trump because he was a man and she was a woman? Trump, a candidate with no political or governing experience whatsoever? Why would they vote for a candidate for the top job in the nation that had no experience?
    I really do think a lot of men voted for Chump because Hillary is a woman. And, look at the alt-right [[white supremacists), they especially did not want a female president.

I live here in Chump country, and I get a lot of reliable feedback. There are a lot of [[mostly older) White females who are very, very vocal about their support for Chump, but many more are silently angry about him winning. A lot of them just didn't vote. They were Bernie supporters. They couldn't vote for Bernie, couldn't vote for Chump, and believed the lies about Clinton, but would rather have had her as president. A lot of passive aggressiveness going on, there.

One more thing: married White women, especially if they are older, tend to vote as their husbands do, and most White men are republicans, and voted for Chump.

Two things here:

Many voted against Clinton because they believed the lies the Russians planted about her. They listened to "Comey the homey".

For the last eight years, the republicans, and a few blue-dog democrats worried about their prospects for re-election, did everything they could to prevent Obama from making positive change in this country. They planned on using that ineffectiveness at the congressional level to win votes in the last election, which is exactly what happened. Instead of people blaming the obstructionist republicans, they listened to Fox news' rhetoric, and all the other hard-right talk show hosts bullshit, and wrongly blamed pres. Obama. The thing is, this country was moving in the right direction until Chump was voted in. It was slow, but our economy was healing. But, as you know, Americans are very impatient. Now, we're sliding backward. And, those jobs Chump promised, they ain't never coming back! That wall to keep out Mexicans? It's not going to happen. The travel ban? Unconstitutional. His voters are too stupid to know when they've been lied to...bamboozled! Hoodwinked! But, Chump and Co. have already done a lot of other damage that have far-reaching effects.

Bernie Sanders or Joe Biden would have made better Democratic candidates. Hilary was a better candidate than Trump!
    True, dat! I personally would have preferred Joe Biden, but he didn't run. Damn. he would have won, too. He was in the perfect position, and could mop the floor with the republicans. Aside from all things i've said about people believing the lies about Clinton, the fact is that she ran a lousy campaign...both times. She really didn't target all those people in "rust belt" areas that voted for Obama. She pretty much ignored the millennials. She ignored Blacks and Latinos. People remember Bill's policies, and Hillary's "super-predator" comments. No wonder they stayed home.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    ...and the fact that hes President ...
    He's not my president.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-14-2017 at 05:22 PM.

I really do think a lot of men voted for Chump because Hillary is a woman. And, look at the alt-right [[white supremacists), they especially did not want a female president.

I live here in Chump country, and I get a lot of reliable feedback. There are a lot of [[mostly older) White females who are very, very vocal about their support for Chump, but many more are silently angry about him winning. A lot of them just didn't vote. They were Bernie supporters. They couldn't vote for Bernie, couldn't vote for Chump, and believed the lies about Clinton, but would rather have had her as president. A lot of passive aggressiveness going on, there.

One more thing: married White women, especially if they are older, tend to vote as their husbands do, and most White men are republicans, and voted for Chump.
    Everything you posted here, point by point was right on! That is exactly what I hoped to get back as a response. I/We followed the entire campaign process very closely and consistently and those points are what we observed.

True, dat! I personally would have preferred Joe Biden, but he didn't run. Damn. he would have won, too. He was in the perfect position, and could mop the floor with the republicans. Aside from all things i've said about people believing the lies about Clinton, the fact is that she ran a lousy campaign...both times. She really didn't target all those people in "rust belt" areas that voted for Obama. She pretty much ignored the millennials. She ignored Blacks and Latinos. People remember Bill's policies, and Hillary's "super-predator" comments. No wonder they stayed home.

He's not my president.
    I remember distinctly telling my mother last July that Trump could end up winning. She is a staunch Hilary supporter and did not believe it and did not want to hear it! I told her that Trump was on television and covered by the news outlets 24 hrs/7 days a week. Hilary hardly even did press conferences. She fooled herself into believing that she had it in the bag. Trump on the other hand was everywhere. Even after Romney spoke very negatively about him, even after the "grab 'em by the p**sy tapes......Trump never lost support from his base. I at first thought it was amazing, but then I thought about some of the people I had met and gotten to know through my work over the years and I knew they were going to vote Trump no matter what happened.

He's not my president.

Mine neither Never was and NEVER will be.

Marv, I agree with you on Bernie Sanders.

Marv, I agree with you on Bernie Sanders.
    If this country wasn't so into Ageism, Bernie would have been a shoe in. I hated they way the DNC treated him.

Yep. The Progressives didn't vote or voted against Clinton because they expected her to win and didn't want to complain about a candidate that they voted for. Have you heard of White Privilege? "Progressive Privilege" is just as bad. They let Dump win at the expense of immigrants, Muslims, Black people, Native Americans, the poor, and women in general. If they were likely to suffer under his policies, Clinton would be president. Since they had less to lose, they let him be everybody else's problem. I hold activist Progressives beneath contempt.

If this country wasn't so into Ageism, Bernie would have been a shoe in. I hated they way the DNC treated him.
    Marv, Bernie was not a Democrat. If he didn't want to run with their rules and within his establishment, he should have run as an independent. He was not treated unfairly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Marv, Bernie was not a Democrat. If he didn't want to run with their rules and within his establishment, he should have run as an independent. He was not treated unfairly.
    I know he's has always been an independent. But we all know how far third party candidates get in America when running for President. Now if he were to run again in 2020, he should do it as an independent. I would never trust the DNC now if I were him.

I know he's has always been an independent. But we all know how far third party candidates get in America when running for President. Now if he were to run again in 2020, he should do it as an independent. I would never trust the DNC now if I were him.
    What did they do?

Yep. The Progressives didn't vote or voted against Clinton because they expected her to win and didn't want to complain about a candidate that they voted for. Have you heard of White Privilege? "Progressive Privilege" is just as bad. They let Dump win at the expense of immigrants, Muslims, Black people, Native Americans, the poor, and women in general. If they were likely to suffer under his policies, Clinton would be president. Since they had less to lose, they let him be everybody else's problem. I hold activist Progressives beneath contempt.
    I can promise you this. There will be some one that the Progressives will know personally that is going to suffer from Trumps polices.
    Promise!

Just yesterday I saw a fairly young man that just happened to be white outside my local pharmacy. He had his little girl in a stroller and she looked like she was starving. Almost skin and bones. I overheard him say on the phone to someone that he could not afford to get dinner, he could not afford the bus fare to get back to where they stayed. I don't know much more about him than that, but
    I can envision many more people in America being in his situation and soon!

It has just been announced that Donald Trump is now under investigation for obstruction! Finally! This is what got Nixon impeached and basically thrown out of office! They should investigate all those Republican Congressmen, Senators etc that spent the last 8 years trying to obstruct Barack Obama.

What did they do?
    They blindly threw all of their support behind Hilary Clinton for one. I also understand, but I may need to research it, but they gave Hilary the majority of the "Super Delegates". There possibly was also some issues with who's campaigned the funded more.......

Here is the latest regarding Bernie and what happened with the DNC:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dn...rticle/2624876

They had a relationship with Clinton, so if course they supported her over the guy who insisted on someone running against Obama in 2012 when he wasn't a party member. She trounced him with the regular delegates, so the super delegates didn't impact the election. I'll check out the funding question. Don't forget Bernie got a hold of her mailing list and tried to use it to his advantage, so he was devious as well.

His supporters complained about things like having open primaries, which historically allows the Republicans to pick the Democratic nominee. In order to make nice, they let Bernie dictated most of their platform. And the Progs STILL stayed home. So they refused to vote for Bernie's platform and policies when they had the choice. They worship in the Cult of Personality, not in the Temple of Common Sense.

Here is the latest regarding Bernie and what happened with the DNC:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dn...rticle/2624876
    Seriously? That's barely news, Marv. But we can agree to disagree. For years, Bernie has repeatedly tried to hijack a party that he wants no part of. Then he complains that they won't let him write their rules. To me, he has no right to be salty.

Seriously? That's barely news, Marv. But we can agree to disagree. For years, Bernie has repeatedly tried to hijack a party that he wants no part of. Then he complains that they won't let him write their rules. To me, he has no right to be salty.
    Yeah but fair play is fair play. You cannot convince that the only reason the DNC got behind Hilary was because "it was her turn"! Out of a country of approx 350 million people, those were the best candidates to lead this country that we could come up with? Please!

This country is wrecked in my opinion.

They had a relationship with Clinton, so if course they supported her over the guy who insisted on someone running against Obama in 2012 when he wasn't a party member. She trounced him with the regular delegates, so the super delegates didn't impact the election. I'll check out the funding question. Don't forget Bernie got a hold of her mailing list and tried to use it to his advantage, so he was devious as well.

His supporters complained about things like having open primaries, which historically allows the Republicans to pick the Democratic nominee. In order to make nice, they let Bernie dictated most of their platform. And the Progs STILL stayed home. So they refused to vote for Bernie's platform and policies when they had the choice. They worship in the Cult of Personality, not in the Temple of Common Sense.
    Of course! It is all about the Cult of Personality. It fits in well with the years of "Dumbing Down of America". Ever see those reality television shows? They are some of the best examples of the decline of American Society and intellect.
    Last edited by marv2; 06-14-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Truth. My wife doesn't like it when I say that some people prefer Dump serving them a plate full of crap over accepting hamburger from Hillary because they would only accept steak from Bernie. I prefer political steak to hamburger too, but I they can have the crap and leave me out of it.

Truth. My wife doesn't like it when I say that some people prefer Dump serving them a plate full of crap over accepting hamburger from Hillary because they would only accept steak from Bernie. I prefer political steak to hamburger too, but I they can have the crap and leave me out of it.
    If Trump remains in office throughout his term, you are likely to hear in response to the cries of suffering Americans........"let them eat cake!"

Mueller may be ready to investigate Cheeto in Chief. I know its real premature but #lockhimup

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/u...tion.html?_r=0
    Last edited by Roberta75; 06-14-2017 at 10:53 PM.

I remember distinctly telling my mother last July that Trump could end up winning. She is a staunch Hilary supporter and did not believe it and did not want to hear it! I told her that Trump was on television and covered by the news outlets 24 hrs/7 days a week. Hilary hardly even did press conferences. She fooled herself into believing that she had it in the bag. Trump on the other hand was everywhere. Even after Romney spoke very negatively about him, even after the "grab 'em by the p**sy tapes......Trump never lost support from his base. I at first thought it was amazing, but then I thought about some of the people I had met and gotten to know through my work over the years and I knew they were going to vote Trump no matter what happened.
    Yup. Chump voters around here were motivated by just two things: undocumented immigrants [[most of whom just overstayed their temporary visas), and the promise of jobs. The two relate to each other in the minds of his supporters. But, no matter how hard he cracks down on those undocumented people, those jobs have gone bye-bye!
    Last edited by soulster; 06-15-2017 at 05:14 PM.

It wasn't age that did Sanders in, it was the Clinton machine, her operatives like Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and others in the DNC, did him in. After all, age can't be a factor in Chump got in. Look how old he is. He's older than Ronald Reagan was when he took office.

I can see what side of the coin you fall on. How can you say you hold progressives beneath contempt when we just got through with eight years of all that the republicans and conservatives did to Obama? They aren't even worth the brain power! I mean, they made yesterday's shooting very political, blaming liberals from the minute the incident was over.

You can talk all you want about progressives not voting and trying to keep the blood off their hands, but the Chump voters are more than proud to show you the bloody knife in their hands.

A lot of them didn't think about what would happen next. They really couldn't believe that everybody who is unhappy with his current job will get a high paying factory job, could they? If so, why did that message resound in the rural areas where they never had those jobs? And did they really believe the coal mines were going to come back? And if Dump was going to bring jobs back, why didn't he start with his own signature products? Nah, they didn't vote for economic issues because he offered no solutions. They were hoping that Black and Brown people would have a harder time progressing and getting jobs and that they would benefit from those lost opportunities.

And, you know that if he had run as an independant, he never would have had any chance. He ran on the Democratic ticket, so that makes him a Democrat by default.

It has just been announced that Donald Trump is now under investigation for obstruction! Finally! This is what got Nixon impeached and basically thrown out of office! They should investigate all those Republican Congressmen, Senators etc that spent the last 8 years trying to obstruct Barack Obama.
    No. Nixon was never impeached and thrown out. Remember your history and facts: Nixon resigned in 1974 before they could start impeachment proceedings.

And, you know that if he had run as an independant, he never would have had any chance. He ran on the Democratic ticket, so that makes him a Democrat by default.
    My point is that you don't spend years lobbing shots at a party and then expect them to change their rules to increase your chances of beating someone who raised millions for them over decades. Their party; their rules.

OK, you do have a good point. Most Bernie supporters were blind to the bigger picture and let their emotions get in the way. My personal interaction with these people support that. I was a Bernie supporter too, but at least I was wise enough to vote for Clinton.

The truth is, all three candidates had supporters who were worshippers of personality.

A lot of them didn't think about what would happen next. They really couldn't believe that everybody who is unhappy with his current job will get a high paying factory job, could they? If so, why did that message resound in the rural areas where they never had those jobs? And did they really believe the coal mines were going to come back? And if Dump was going to bring jobs back, why didn't he start with his own signature products? Nah, they didn't vote for economic issues because he offered no solutions. They were hoping that Black and Brown people would have a harder time progressing and getting jobs and that they would benefit from those lost opportunities.
    That's exactly what Chump stood for: white privilege. Many people figured if he could just do something about those pesky criminal Black Lives Matter people, and burrito-eatin' Mexicans who shouldn't be here, they would have a better country that served them first.

Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if Katy Perry secretly voted for him while holding Hillary's hand.

Yup. Chump voters around here were motivated by just two things: undocumented immigrants [[most of whom just overstayed their temporary visas), and the promise of jobs. The two relate to each other in the minds of his supporters. But, no matter how hard he cracks down on those undocumented people, those jobs have gone bye-bye!
    Well, I know that in New York it is those same undocumented immigrants that are working in most restaurant kitchens in Manhattan. Without them the prices for meals would go sky high just like the rent being so damned high! LOL!

No. Nixon was never impeached and thrown out. Remember your history and facts: Nixon resigned in 1974 before they could start impeachment proceedings.
    I remember watching his resignation speech and this his departure from the White House. He would have been impeached which is why he left. Ford pardon him which is why he lost to Carter.

Well, I know that in New York it is those same undocumented immigrants that are working in most restaurant kitchens in Manhattan. Without them the prices for meals would go sky high just like the rent being so damned high! LOL!
    Those idiots still aren't asking who is going to do the farm jobs and other hard work that the departing immigrants are doing for much less than average Americans are willing to earn. The answer is people currently receiving public assistance. And that includes a whole lot of Dump's deplorable nut rubbers.

That's exactly what Chump stood for: white privilege. Many people figured if he could just do something about those pesky criminal Black Lives Matter people, and burrito-eatin' Mexicans who shouldn't be here, they would have a better country that served them first.

Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if Katy Perry secretly voted for him while holding Hillary's hand.
    Yeah. She transitioned from Left Leaving Pop Star Political Activist to Entitled Elitist without missing a beat.

Yeah. She transitioned from Left Leaving Pop Star Political Activist to Entitled Elitist without missing a beat.
    According to all the things i've been reading this week, she probably really is clueless. She was raised privileged by bigoted, parents who were clergy. I'm surprised that no one pulled her aside before she started trying to appropriate other cultures and thinking she's down by using the n-word. She's kind of messed up, so I don't hate her, but what the f**k was that about her hair and Obama? And, she supported him. It's that white liberal syndrome, I guess. It's crap like that that caused me to delete her albums. Sad, too, because I like her music.

If she really wants to make a change and fight for equality and all that, she had better shape up first.

In the end the Chetto in Chiefs tweets may be his downfall. It was his tweets that the 9th circuit used to strike down his bigoted muslim ban and his tweets will be his downfall in this Russian investigattion.

Those idiots still aren't asking who is going to do the farm jobs and other hard work that the departing immigrants are doing for much less than average Americans are willing to earn. The answer is people currently receiving public assistance. And that includes a whole lot of Dump's deplorable nut rubbers.
    Oh they have a plan. It is not a nice plan but once they're finish gutting all the safety net programs, they believe you are going every available poor American fighting to do those jobs.

Kentucky is already devising a way for people on public assistance to do road side clean up and other duties to continue their benefits. These are the same folks who voted against Hillary Clinton [[actually Bernie's) $15/hour minimum wage and free college.

So, no health care? Check.
    No welfare? Check.
    No livable wage? Check.
    No wall? Check.
    No respect from the world stage? Check.
    No great America? Double check, assholes.

Kentucky is already devising a way for people on public assistance to do road side clean up and other duties to continue their benefits. These are the same folks who voted against Hillary Clinton [[actually Bernie's) $15/hour minimum wage and free college.

So, no health care? Check.
    No welfare? Check.
    No livable wage? Check.
    No wall? Check.
    No respect from the world stage? Check.
    No great America? Double check, assholes.
    It is going to be like a serfdom with everyone that makes under $250,000 working for the Top 1% and begging the rest of the time.

Let's hope not. There's buzz in DC today because Pence has retained a personal lawyer to represent him in the Russia probe. People may not realize it, but Paul Ryan would be president if both of these idiots manages to get flushed. In my opinion, even if Mueller presents evidence supporting an obstruction of justice charge, the Republicans still will not impeach Dump. Things will have to wait until 2019 at the earliest and by then, his damage would be done.

Let's hope not. There's buzz in DC today because Pence has retained a personal lawyer to represent him in the Russia probe. People may not realize it, but Paul Ryan would be president if both of these idiots manages to get flushed. In my opinion, even if Mueller presents evidence supporting an obstruction of justice charge, the Republicans still will not impeach Dump. Things will have to wait until 2019 at the earliest and by then, his damage would be done.
    Paul Ryan hates poor and working class people. He wants them to die or otherwise disappear some way......