[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    And it's attitudes like those you just described that make me so g*d damn glad I'm NOT "In America."

It is fact! It goes much further than what I wrote. It [[our system) is set up like one big sick game!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Meanwhile, in America, a disgruntled ex-employee showed up at his former place of employment and killed five former co-workers. But it's okay because he wasn't a jihadist, just a good old, red blooded, shoot-em-all-and-let-God-sort-em-out, apple pie eating, gun loving, liberal hating, making America great again, mad as hell American.

Move along.
    Although few will admit it, but that is how the dude in Portland that killed the men coming to the aid of two minority women he was harassing is viewed. That is how cops that murder unarmed black people in America are viewed by some.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    I heard about that attack today as well, Jerry. To be honest, I've gotten to the point that I am willing to just not read or listen to the news for the rest of my life. Because, as much as it pains me to say this, I would rather live in ignorance than to subject my heart to what seems like daily barrages of horror and misery from all corners of the globe. Times like this make me really hate being a very empathetic person. When atrocities happen, I feel them and hurt for the victims, even though I'm not among them.

And I'll tell ya, I don't want to be the person who dies of a heart attack aged 41 because his heart gave out from caring too much in a world full of, frankly, f**king uncaring people who are only out to wreak havoc and destruction against innocent people [[for whatever twisted or perverted causes or ideologies they may have). That, coupled with the amazing amounts of horrible invective directed at this group or that group, inevitably, after every single one of these attacks happen. For Christ's sake, we are all one people. We all bleed red, we are all brothers and sisters on this miserable planet.

All I will say is for everyone to keep fighting the good fight in a world gone utterly mad.

And on that note, I think I'll listen to some Motown.
    DJMoch, I got to that point once back in March 1981. John Lennon had been killed in Dec. 1980, then President Reagan was shot in Jan. '81 and Pope John Paul II was shot not long after that. I just couldn't take it and stop watching the news until towards the end of the year I watched Walter Cronkite's final broadcast. I was much younger then and had a lower tolerance for the stresses of the World. Today they report bad news 24 hours a day. I have to pay attention to stay aware for the safety of myself and my family.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Being impeached doesn't mean he will be removed from office. It depends on what he will be charged with. Remember, Bill Clinton was also impeached and if I recall, the worst is that his law license was suspended.

But, as far as I see, he's already committed treason against The United States of America. That's reason enough for him to be removed. But, do you really want Pence in there? he would be worse for women's equality.
    Pence is as close to a demon you are going to see this side of Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    DJMoch, I got to that point once back in March 1981. John Lennon had been killed in Dec. 1980, then President Reagan was shot in Jan. '81 and Pope John Paul II was shot not long after that. I just couldn't take it and stop watching the news until towards the end of the year I watched Walter Cronkite's final broadcast. I was much younger then and had a lower tolerance for the stresses of the World. Today they report bad news 24 hours a day. I have to pay attention to stay aware for the safety of myself and my family.
    I stopped watching most of the evening news after they normalized the insanity of Trump in the election cycle. They made a faux controversy about e-mails seem to be more important than a candidate with a documented history of deceit, fraudulent business practices, intemperate disposition, foul mouth, and constant lies. Even now, his supporters on both sides of the pond are talking about internment camps for Muslims after the London attack and this was not mentioned on most of the national news, let alone denounced. There is literally nothing that is over the line anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I stopped watching most of the evening news after they normalized the insanity of Trump in the election cycle. They made a faux controversy about e-mails seem to be more important than a candidate with a documented history of deceit, fraudulent business practices, intemperate disposition, foul mouth, and constant lies. Even now, his supporters on both sides of the pond are talking about internment camps for Muslims after the London attack and this was not mentioned on most of the national news, let alone denounced. There is literally nothing that is over the line anymore.
    There's never been talk about internment camps for all of the non-Muslims that commit murder and terror. They just put the individuals responsible in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    There's never been talk about internment camps for all of the non-Muslims that commit murder and terror. They just put the individuals responsible in prison.
    Unless they are cops. In that case, they get paid vacation while their cases are "investigated".

My Turkish barber was telling me about his wife today. She is a waitress in one of the London Bridge cafes. She saw the stabbing first hand and was right in the middle of it all. The restaurant is closed this week but she is so traumatised by the events, she has been unable to sleep and is scared to leave the house.

The restaurant are organising therapy sessions for all the staff but it's gonna taken a long time for them to get through that ordeal.