[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another attack at London Bridge

When is this stuff going to ever stop?!

I wish I knew. And it's on my doorstep yet again.

One of my neighbours has just sent her husband out to find their daughter who was known to be out partying in that area. It's hard to know what to say to comfort the parents in times like this.

There are now 3 incidents not just 2. Vauxhall is a few miles away

London Bridge
    Borough Market
    Vauxhall

Another terrible night.

It would appear that three terrorists involved in the attack are on the run, and most likely armed.

From the latest I've just seen, reports say that they jumped out of a van and started stabbing people. I'm not sure if it was the same van that mowed people down on London Bridge though, but could well have been.

One eyewitness on Sky News [[apparently ex-military) said he heard a lot of gunfire which he thought was the start of the incident, and that people could well have confused it with fireworks.

I hope your neighbours daughter is safe John.

Cheers

Paul

She's just got home and I think even she is shocked at what is going on.

Young girls as young as 20 are having their throats slit with knives.
    It's barbaric

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I wish I knew. And it's on my doorstep yet again.

One of my neighbours has just sent her husband out to find their daughter who was known to be out partying in that area. It's hard to know what to say to comfort the parents in times like this.
    I hate to compare but I remember all the bombings and strife with the IRA back in the 70s when I was in school. Your neighbors have to be worried out of their minds right about now. I hope everything turns out all right and from me to you.......Stay Safe!

Such madness, and to no logical end. It's hard to predict and stop these attacks when the cowards stay low to the ground and maintain the element of surprise. My prayers are with those affected by this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Such madness, and to no logical end. It's hard to predict and stop these attacks when the cowards stay low to the ground and maintain the element of surprise. My prayers are with those affected by this nonsense.
    Jerry, just look at what happened here out in Portland Oregon with the American racist terrorist the killed the two guys and severely wounded another who came to the aid of a Muslim woman and an African American woman.

Another awful incident. It's not even been two weeks since the Manchester bombing.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Jerry, just look at what happened here out in Portland Oregon with the American racist terrorist the killed the two guys and severely wounded another who came to the aid of a Muslim woman and an African American woman.
    Marv, there was no mention of the ROTC graduate who was killed at the University of Maryland in any of Trump's tweets. Or the guy who drove from Maryland to NYC so he could kill Black men. He stabbed a guy to death in the street. He didn't want to acknowledge Portland. Terrorism takes many forms. People are picking their reasons and taking their shots and the government only cares about the Islamic attacks.

Marv, there was no mention of the ROTC graduate who was killed at the University of Maryland in any of Trump's tweets. Or the guy who drove from Maryland to NYC so he could kill Black men. He stabbed a guy to death in the street. He didn't want to acknowledge Portland. Terrorism takes many forms. People are picking their reasons and taking their shots and the government only cares about the Islamic attacks.
    A few months ago when several Muslim men were murdered at a Mosque in Montreal by a white supremacist, Trump nor anyone else in his administration said a word. No "We Stand With Montreal" or condolences on behalf of America from Trump.

Witnesses have confirmed it was a terrorist attack. They heard the attackers shout those fatal words.

Witnesses have confirmed it was a terrorist attack. They heard the attackers shout those fatal words.
    This is just wrong! Earlier this week some terrorists drove a truck packed with explosives into a residential neighborhood in Afghanistan killing 80 people and injuring 100s. The World has to unite to stop these crimes, these murders. We are sick World at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I hate to compare but I remember all the bombings and strife with the IRA back in the 70s when I was in school. Your neighbors have to be worried out of their minds right about now. I hope everything turns out all right and from me to you.......Stay Safe!
    I remember that too..how can you forget. I was watching tv and suddenly all the windows vibrated like mad - people started screaming, sirens were going full blast. Neighbours on the high rise balconies were shouting at what they could see going on. I saw the aftermath. Glass was still dropping out of office windows the next morning.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  21.1 KB
    I've been close to it, too. Last summer, the wife of my partner in our Munich, Germany animation firm, was with friends seeing a film at The Olympic Village. Right next door to the Cinema Complex, was the McDonalds where the crazy sniper went berserk, and shot and killed so many people. She didn't get home until 2:30 in the morning, as all people in The Olympic Village were detained until the police could nab the murderer. Needless to say, she was almost out of her mind with fear and in shock when she got home. All the regular subway lines, trams and buses were done for the night. She had to wait for the single night bus at 2:00 AM, and then walk about a mile from the closest stop, alone at that ungodly hour, after being traumatised by hearing the shootings, and witnessing the panic of hundreds of people at the scene.

The sad part is that these attacks are swiftly becoming the new normal. God save us all.

STUFF IS GETTING CRAZIER BY THE DAY...NOOSES BEING HUNG UP IN THE D.C.AREA,AND AT UNIVERSITIES AND MUSEUMS[and we all know whose rhetoric inspired this sh#t]AND I'LL LEAVE IT AT THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    The sad part is that these attacks are swiftly becoming the new normal. God save us all.
    The London mayor Sadiq Khan said that "terrorism is part and parcel of living in a big city" so Londoners will just have to "deal with it" if they get bombed, stabbed, or run over.

Tell that to the father that gets told that it was his daughter was the one that got her throat slit with a knife and then stabbed repeatedly..simply for enjoying herself with friends.

God help the world. My heart is aching for the people of London after these horrible attacks. And the fact that certain world leaders are too busy spreading "alternative facts" rather than sending support is making me want to crawl into a hole and wait out humanity's demise. Shouldn't be too long at the rate things are going.

Stay strong, London, we're behind you all!

The London mayor Sadiq Khan said that "terrorism is part and parcel of living in a big city" so Londoners will just have to "deal with it" if they get bombed, stabbed, or run over.

Tell that to the father that gets told that it was his daughter was the one that got her throat slit with a knife and then stabbed repeatedly..simply for enjoying herself with friends.
    Our world has devolved into a swirling sucking eddy of pain, hope, and despair from which it will not survive. No hyperbole intended. Nobody cares about anyone else anymore. I shudder to imagine what will happen next.

The mayor was making a statement of fact that is no less alarming than what I've been hearing over and over in the US regarding the rise in police killing of citizens. It was remarkably insensitive and certainly didn't make anyone feel safer when he said it. His advisers need to check him and suggest that he put it into better context.

I feel the same way when cops kill unarmed citizens in the US and are either not charged, charged with reduced crimes, or acquitted altogether in spite of contradiction in facts and witness statements regarding what occurred. It's happened almost a hundred times already in the US this year. Altogether, 515 people were killed by police in the first five months and when families ask for accountability and independent investigations, they're told that basically cops killing us is part and parcel of living in a big city so people [[mostly Black people) will just have to deal with it if they get pulled over for making a rolling stop and shot in the head by an officer.

It's an incredibly sad and difficult situation.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    God help the world. My heart is aching for the people of London after these horrible attacks. And the fact that certain world leaders are too busy spreading "alternative facts" rather than sending support is making me want to crawl into a hole and wait out humanity's demise. Shouldn't be too long at the rate things are going.

Stay strong, London, we're behind you all!
    You're right there, Emile.

Trump, in his almighty wisdom, very helpfully made this comment on twitter:

At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor of London says there is "no reason to be alarmed!"

Which is misinformed at best and deceitful at worst as the Mayor was actually telling people not to be alarmed at the increased police presence, not at the attack itself. Sigh...

45...ugh...I loathe that man with the fire of a million white-hot suns. If there was one person I would gladly see fired into space never to return, it would be him. I'd rush to be first to push the button...and I'm not even American!

I really detest being political because politics seems to bring out the worst in humanity, especially when leaders like Trump exist. That, and my heart simply can't take all the crap the world has to deal with as a result.

Our world has devolved into a swirling sucking eddy of pain, hope, and despair from which it will not survive. No hyperbole intended. Nobody cares about anyone else anymore. I shudder to imagine what will happen next.

The mayor was making a statement of fact that is no less alarming than what I've been hearing over and over in the US regarding the rise in police killing of citizens. It was remarkably insensitive and certainly didn't make anyone feel safer when he said it. His advisers need to check him and suggest that he put it into better context.

I feel the same way when cops kill unarmed citizens in the US and are either not charged, charged with reduced crimes, or acquitted altogether in spite of contradiction in facts and witness statements regarding what occurred. It's happened almost a hundred times already in the US this year. Altogether, 515 people were killed by police in the first five months and when families ask for accountability and independent investigations, they're told that basically cops killing us is part and parcel of living in a big city so people [[mostly Black people) will just have to deal with it if they get pulled over for making a rolling stop and shot in the head by an officer.
    We live with terrorism by law enforcement everyday in America. They murder with impunity!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    STUFF IS GETTING CRAZIER BY THE DAY...NOOSES BEING HUNG UP IN THE D.C.AREA,AND AT UNIVERSITIES AND MUSEUMS[and we all know whose rhetoric inspired this sh#t]AND I'LL LEAVE IT AT THAT.
    I could hardly believe it when I heard that news report. America is becoming a cesspool.

45...ugh...I loathe that man with the fire of a million white-hot suns. If there was one person I would gladly see fired into space never to return, it would be him. I'd rush to be first to push the button...and I'm not even American!

I really detest being political because politics seems to bring out the worst in humanity, especially when leaders like Trump exist.
    He's not a leader. He's a child who never grew up emotionally.

I hope our friends around the world know how much the majority of the U.S. hates Chump, didn't vote for him, and are deeply embarrassed by him.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-05-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Oh I do know that, Soulster. You just need to keep making your voices heard until that waste of skin is dragged, kicking and screaming, out of the White House and into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    He's not a leader. He's a child who never grew up emotionally.

I hope our friends around the world know how much the majority of the U.S. hates Chump, didn't vote for him, and are deeply embarrassed by him.
    I hope Trumps impeached real soon before he completely ruins our planet and ruins our long standing relationships and ruins everyones civil rights. Hes unfit to serve or lead.

Praying for London.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I hope Trumps impeached real soon before he completely ruins our planet and ruins our long standing relationships and ruins everyones civil rights. Hes unfit to serve or lead.

Praying for London.

Roberta
    The man is unfit to clean toilets, as far as I'm concerned. He's beneath contempt.

The man is unfit to clean toilets, as far as I'm concerned. He's beneath contempt.
    He is very wealthy and in America that means he is better than the next person. In America we equate having a lots of money with being "smart" and naturally better than people that do not have as much. In America, people are stupid because many vote against their own best interest. The vote to stick it to the other guy [[usually minorities and the poor.....). In America, people are raised to believe that they are better than folks in other countries. In America..........

And it's attitudes like those you just described that make me so g*d damn glad I'm NOT "In America."

Meanwhile, in America, a disgruntled ex-employee showed up at his former place of employment and killed five former co-workers. But it's okay because he wasn't a jihadist, just a good old, red blooded, shoot-em-all-and-let-God-sort-em-out, apple pie eating, gun loving, liberal hating, making America great again, mad as hell American.

Move along.

I heard about that attack today as well, Jerry. To be honest, I've gotten to the point that I am willing to just not read or listen to the news for the rest of my life. Because, as much as it pains me to say this, I would rather live in ignorance than to subject my heart to what seems like daily barrages of horror and misery from all corners of the globe. Times like this make me really hate being a very empathetic person. When atrocities happen, I feel them and hurt for the victims, even though I'm not among them.

And I'll tell ya, I don't want to be the person who dies of a heart attack aged 41 because his heart gave out from caring too much in a world full of, frankly, f**king uncaring people who are only out to wreak havoc and destruction against innocent people [[for whatever twisted or perverted causes or ideologies they may have). That, coupled with the amazing amounts of horrible invective directed at this group or that group, inevitably, after every single one of these attacks happen. For Christ's sake, we are all one people. We all bleed red, we are all brothers and sisters on this miserable planet.

All I will say is for everyone to keep fighting the good fight in a world gone utterly mad.

And on that note, I think I'll listen to some Motown.

Oh I do know that, Soulster. You just need to keep making your voices heard until that waste of skin is dragged, kicking and screaming, out of the White House and into oblivion.
    A lot of people don't think he'll last his first year. The bigger problem if he goes is that we get a President Pence, a wolf in sheep's clothing, and someone the hard-core conservatives in congress who want to turn this country into a theocracy can work with. I frankly don't know who is more dangerous: Chump, Pence, or the republican congress.

Honestly, this is what we get for listening to the Russian lies, and not enough people voting for Clinton. Now, Hilary may be unsavory for a lot of different reasons, but at least we wouldn't be in this mess. We would still have respect and leadership in the world, and wouldn't have so much racial hatred here at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post

Praying for London.

Roberta
    Being impeached doesn't mean he will be removed from office. It depends on what he will be charged with. Remember, Bill Clinton was also impeached and if I recall, the worst is that his law license was suspended.

But, as far as I see, he's already committed treason against The United States of America. That's reason enough for him to be removed. But, do you really want Pence in there? he would be worse for women's equality.

Meanwhile, in America, a disgruntled ex-employee showed up at his former place of employment and killed five former co-workers. But it's okay because he wasn't a jihadist, just a good old, red blooded, shoot-em-all-and-let-God-sort-em-out, apple pie eating, gun loving, liberal hating, making America great again, mad as hell American.

Move along.
    I have seen no indication that what you've written is fact.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...605-story.html

There's a link, soulster. He was a former employee that shot and killed 5 other employees, then killed himself.

Meanwhile in London, the 12 people that were seized in connection with the unwarranted and horrific attacks on Saturday have been released.

Meanwhile in London, the 12 people that were seized in connection with the unwarranted and horrific attacks on Saturday have been released.
    What in the world?!?? Are there other suspects? Can you provide us a link, please?

We should be clear: the three people that actually carried out the attack were shot dead by police on the scene.

The police then made several arrests in the following days within the London area. These were likely of friends and associates of the three attackers, who may or may not have known about the attack, and may or may not have been involved in it.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 06-06-2017 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    We should be clear: the three people that actually carried out the attack were shot dead by police on the scene.

The police then made several arrests in the following days within the London area. These were likely of friends and associates of the three attackers, who may or may not have known about the attack, and may or may not have been involved in it.
    Thank you for that clearer explanation.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...605-story.html

There's a link, soulster. He was a former employee that shot and killed 5 other employees, then killed himself.
    I know the story. It's available to anyone who can read. But, all of those things Jerry suggested [[shoot-em-all-and-let-God-sort-em-out, apple pie eating, gun loving, liberal hating, making America great again, mad as hell American) isn't there. There's no evidence of any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post

Thanks for getting that sorted, Tom.

I know the story. It's available to anyone who can read. But, all of those things Jerry suggested [[shoot-em-all-and-let-God-sort-em-out, apple pie eating, gun loving, liberal hating, making America great again, mad as hell American) isn't there. There's no evidence of any of that.
    The mindset that permits us to collectively freak out over terroristic acts while ignoring the 19,000 murders committed in our country with handguns every year is what I described, soulster, if not the killer. Unless you care to do the homework, you will not find out what kind of man he was because they only give you background information when the killer is a Muslim. The group that is hardest in support of the Muslim ban doesn't give two shits about crimes like the one that I mentioned because he was one of "us". Or actually, he's presumably one of them.

Thank you for that clearer explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Thanks for getting that sorted, Tom.
    That's alright, sans and xtown.

The mindset that permits us to collectively freak out over terroristic acts while ignoring the 19,000 murders committed in our country with handguns every year is what I described, soulster, if not the killer. Unless you care to do the homework, you will not find out what kind of man he was because they only give you background information when the killer is a Muslim. The group that is hardest in support of the Muslim ban doesn't give two shits about crimes like the one that I mentioned because he was one of "us". Or actually, he's presumably one of them.
    Jerry, I'm only saying that you are assuming things that have not been reported or have found to be fact. You would be incensed had the media said all of those things you said he was and it turned out to not be true.

Just as there are murders that have nothing to do with jihadi terrorism, there are murders that have nothing to do with right-wing extremism. Most murders have nothing to do with either, and are usually about interpersonal issues, like this killing appears to be about. Let's not read more into things that aren't there. We want the media to be fair if it involves a Black or Latino, so we also want it to be fair when it involves anyone else, too.

Being impeached doesn't mean he will be removed from office. It depends on what he will be charged with. Remember, Bill Clinton was also impeached and if I recall, the worst is that his law license was suspended.

But, as far as I see, he's already committed treason against The United States of America. That's reason enough for him to be removed. But, do you really want Pence in there? he would be worse for women's equality.
    I voted for Hillary and yes shes flawed but shes smart and if she was the President she wouldnt be fanning hate and racism and sending insane tweets at 5am. Im hoping Trumps removed from office but I also agree that Pence has an appalling record on all civil rights. hes as bad as Trump but hes sane. Misguided and real real dangerous but sane but IMO hes not fit to serve either. Shame on everyone that voted for that ticket.

Roberta

A president should be doing everything they can to bring people together during times of crisis, not drive them apart through bigotry and xenophobia. And 45 is definitely NOT a president. In any way, shape or form. There are not enough words in the English language to describe my absolute loathing and hatred of the man.
    Last edited by DJMoch; 06-07-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Sorry for helping to hijack this thread. I've started a new one for general postings about "that guy" in office.
    https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...cussion-thread