[REMOVE ADS]

But i have most of these already..!

How many times have you tuned in to a[oldies]station and had just about everything they played in your collection? I find it kind of funny,but sometimes they surprise me!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    How many times have you tuned in to a[oldies]station and had just about everything they played in your collection? I find it kind of funny,but sometimes they surprise me!!
    It's like that for me when reissues come up.

Hence my screen name.

That's why I don't even both to listen to oldies radio. I not only have the songs, but I have the correct versions of them.

Hehe..... mainstream oldies radio is just annoying IMO... Smooth FM literally play the same tracks at the same time every day... the presenters seem to think the only way to relax after a "long hard day at work" is to listen to the same songs in the same order every day... and then they play uptempo Disco tracks like "Stayin' Alive" and "Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel" and call it 'Smooth'... aaaarrrghh... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hehe..... mainstream oldies radio is just annoying IMO... Smooth FM literally play the same tracks at the same time every day... the presenters seem to think the only way to relax after a "long hard day at work" is to listen to the same songs in the same order every day... and then they play uptempo Disco tracks like "Stayin' Alive" and "Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel" and call it 'Smooth'... aaaarrrghh... LOL
    What ? No "Night Fever"? LOL!

There are no good oldies stations where I live. And living in a condo with shared walls makes listening to my speakers kind of an impossibility. When I do listen to my music, it's through headphones.

Thank God I can put together playlists easily that beat anything that the radio can compile. Sometime, I put a word like "time" in the search box and I have a playlist with 40 songs that will last for 2-3 hours. I love living in the modern age.

Here is a great oldies station out of Canada that I listen to often:

http://www.iheartradio.ca/am-580

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    There are no good oldies stations where I live. And living in a condo with shared walls makes listening to my speakers kind of an impossibility. When I do listen to my music, it's through headphones.

Thank God I can put together playlists easily that beat anything that the radio can compile. Sometime, I put a word like "time" in the search box and I have a playlist with 40 songs that will last for 2-3 hours. I love living in the modern age.
    Isn't it wonderful? We who choose to use mp3s have an array of new ways to experience our collections; it constantly amazes me. I generally have 17,000+ songs in random rotation, keeping me entertained, surprised and grateful every day to live in such a time as ours.

Indeed. My parents drove seven hours to Washington DC last summer for a family reunion. I made an mp3 CD with 140+ Gospel songs on it. It took them all the way down and back and they never played the whole thing. I made my dad one that was 10 hours of '50s and '60s soul. I also loaded about 5,000 songs on their computer and created several all-day playlists of various genres that they sometimes play over the course of their days.

Indeed. My parents drove seven hours to Washington DC last summer for a family reunion. I made an mp3 CD with 140+ Gospel songs on it. It took them all the way down and back and they never played the whole thing. I made my dad one that was 10 hours of '50s and '60s soul. I also loaded about 5,000 songs on their computer and created several all-day playlists of various genres that they sometimes play over the course of their days.
    Oh, man, that's a beautiful thing. I bet they just love it.

I've done that with Christmas songs by R&B artists for my mother. Hours of music.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Oh, man, that's a beautiful thing. I bet they just love it.
    They do. Mom is the only one who understands how to pull them up on the computer, though. Dad doesn't want to learn how to use it even though he's an avid reader and music lover. Where can you find more to read it listen to than the internet? It should be a dream for him.

I post my 60s/70s soul show on SDF regularly. I get virtually no response. I play classic soul artists from the 60s.
    Why don't you try it if fed up with radio?

What's the link, snakepit?

What's the link, snakepit?
    I listen when I can. He does do a great show.