[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I've been meaning to give you a hearty "right on" for this post, TomatoTom. Streaming is no match for owning and controlling your own files.
    You're damn right sansradio!!! With your own files you can create albums, make playlists, add lyrics, trim songs, and more! I loves it.

I have to admit... I did try out Apple's streaming service for its three-month free trial, and while it worked perfectly fine, it almost seemed like I was listening to someone else's music, never mine. In fact you could say I was listening to everybody else's music...

It just never quite felt... right.

I didn't renew by the way, LOL

I just had to jump into this conversation about streaming versus owning your own music.

I recently bought a new car after driving the old one [[which still had a tape player along with the CD player) for 15 years. Guess what?! No CD player. Fortunately I've been collecting music over 50 years, since 1963, first with 45s, then tapes, then CDs for the last 25 years.

All I had to do was copy the playlists from my computer onto a flash drive, plug that into the USB port in the center console, and hear what I want to hear without having to pay Sirius Radio $10 or $15 a month. A 32G flash drive is holding over 7,600 songs and I'm working on filling more flash drives. I told the saleslady I wasn't buying the vehicle if I couldn't find a way to play my own music in it! Sure am glad I can listen to whatever I want to hear, no dud songs, no commercials, no monthly fee.

For convenience, I filled a few large capacity flash drives and put them in my safe deposit box at the bank. Easy, and it keeps my music safe in case of fire or theft.

Oldies

Hey, oldies, feel free to jump in! For me, that's what's great about owning your own music with a USB stick, MP3 Player or iPod. Firstly it's the quantity; you can have so many tracks, all easy to access, on one device. And all that music is yours and yours to keep! Then there's the ability to edit songs as you like, create albums and playlists like you say, which is great. And, of course, there's no monthly fee... IMO paying regularly for music that you then don't even own... nah, I couldn't do that!

I think BG was smart enough to know when to get out of the business and was astute enough to know when someone's talent was still intact.

I think for him to assemble surviving artists to record new or old material, we'd get another MotorCity type of thing where some artists still "had it" and many had lost it and what was issued was inferior by previous standards. Why present people in their senior years in a manner that would not be appealing.