[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Anthology: The Greatest Collection Ever

I was looking through my accumulated paperwork and came across an ad for a 10 digitally remastered CDs set with the top 101 hits of all times plus 6 unreleased songs from the Motown vaults. The ad say that the Complete Motown Anthology includes 10 limited edition color photo discs packed with 101 Motown plus six previously unreleased songs as well as a 44 page Motown Retrospective, a handsome collector gift box, and 10 archival photo postcards of Motown's Greatest artists all for 5 easy payments of $19.91 plus S/H. It was just released not available in any store or club.

It was available through MEI Digital, The Fulfillment House, 13500 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX.

The ad shows pictures of the 10 CDs each with different Motown artists on it.

Does anyone have this set in their collection? What I would like to know is -----

What were the 6 unreleased songs included in the set? The ad says by Diana Ross & Supremes, Mary Wells, Tammy Terrell, and others.

I wish I knew what year this ad appeared, but I don't.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am just wondering whether these 6 were eventually released on any other collections!

I have this collection. Off-hand I can only remember "The Nitty Gritty" by Diana Ross & The Supremes. I at work so I cannot get to the collection at the moment, but will reply with more later if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

I have this collection. It was released in 1997.

The unreleased songs were:

A Lovely Way to Spend An Evening - Mary Wells
    Drop In The Bucket - Kim Weston
    I Gotta Find A Way [[To Get You Back) - Tammi Terrell
    Just Enough To Ease The Pain - Stevie Wonder
    The Nitty Gritty - Diana Ross and the Supremes
    Keep On Tryin' [['Til You Find Love) - Dennis Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I have this collection. It was released in 1997.

The unreleased songs were:

A Lovely Way to Spend An Evening - Mary Wells
    Drop In The Bucket - Kim Weston
    I Gotta Find A Way [[To Get You Back) - Tammi Terrell
    Just Enough To Ease The Pain - Stevie Wonder
    The Nitty Gritty - Diana Ross and the Supremes
    Keep On Tryin' [['Til You Find Love) - Dennis Edwards
    Thank you for telling me the songs that was previously unreleased. I did a check on all six of them and it appears that Just Enough To Ease the Pain has only been released on this special anthology collection.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Thank you for telling me the songs that was previously unreleased. I did a check on all six of them and it appears that Just Enough To Ease the Pain has only been released on this special anthology collection.
    No they have all since been released Cellar of Motown etc DRATS Appeared on an anthology if i remember,but they are all officially out there.hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    No they have all since been released Cellar of Motown etc DRATS Appeared on an anthology if i remember,but they are all officially out there.hope this helps.
    Woodward is correct, Stevie's "Just Enough To Ease The Pain" has yet to be issued on any subsequent physical release.

Ivor

Stevie's "JETETP" was release in a Motown 7 box.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motown-7s-B...town+7%27s+box