[REMOVE ADS]

"The Spell" [[1983 Album by Syreeta)

Syreeta released an album in 1983 produced by Jermaine Jackson. The Spell has not been released on CD to date. I have searched the net [[including Don't Forget the Motor City) in an effort to find the name[[s) of the composer[[s) for each track on the album.

I can only find one [[see below). Can anyone tell me the composer[[s) of the other seven tracks?

1. Forever is Not Enough* [[Composer: Syreeta Wright)
    2. [[You Are) The Spell
    3. Freedom*
    4. To Know
    5. Freddie Um Ready
    6. Once Love Touches Your Life
    7. Fall Apart
    8. The Other Me

*Stevie Wonder on Synthesizer
    Last edited by longtimefan; 01-20-2011 at 04:43 PM.

"To Know" is a cover of The Jackson 5's 1972 original, on the "Lookin' Through The Windows" album.

Thanks, Starguard4! Every detail helps me in my search. I was hoping that someone on the Forum owned the vinyl album and would be able to jot down the compuser[[s) for the following tracks:
    -[[You Are) The Spell
    -Freedom
    -To Know
    -Freddie Um Ready
    -Once Love Touches Your Life
    -Fall Apart [[recorded by Jackson 5, also)
    -The Other Me

longtime: I'll be back with you in a few hours with what you want - I got the album as a review copy in the Uk. Think I must have played it... err once! Not to my liking, and I'd like to bet I won't like it when I dig it out! Because you know I've just got to listen to it now you've brought it up!

soulwally

Hope it's not a white label......hahahahahahahaha

Thanks , Soulwally! I know the information about the composers is on the LP's back cover. I found a scan of the back cover on the net but it was tiny and indistinct! :-)

I have had my interest in Syreeta renewed recently because I just purchased/received her album Set My Love in Motion from Funky Town Grooves [[released with Motown approval). It's a nice release to own.

http://funkytowngrooves.com/FULL-Rei..._Expanded/3075

Here are the composers:
    Forever is not enough = Syreeta
    [[You are) The spell = Syreeta, Harold Barney
    Freedom = Syreeta, Greg Poree, Michael Scott Henderson
    To know = The Corporation [[Fonce Mizell, Deke Richards, Freddie Perren, Berry Gordy)
    Freddie um ready = Jermaine Jackson, Syreeta
    One love touches your life = Jermaine Jackson, Elliot Willensky
    Fall apart = Syreeta, Curtis Robertson Jr., Harold Barney
    The other me = Elliot Willensky

Concerning Stevie Wonder´s participation, I didn´t find his name in the credits of my LP.

Thank you x 1000, Soulstevie! I appreciate the time that you gave to do this for me. This is what the SDF is all about!

You´re welcome!

Sorry, Longtimefan, I forgot to look. Glad you've got your info elsewhere. No, it's not a white label, it's a regular issue. I still intend to give it a play.

Sorry, this is an old thread, but I have the album and I can add some information. The composers are correct.

This is the info for each song:
    A1. FOREVER IS NOT ENOUGH
    Keyboards and rhythm arrangement: Harold Barney, synthesizer: Stevie Wonder, background vocals: Syreeta
    A2. [[YOU ARE) THE SPELL
    Keyboards and rhythm arrangement: Harold Barney, guitar: Paul M. Jackson Jr., congas: Eddie "Bongo" Brown, background vocals: Syreeta
    A3. FREEDOM
    Keyboards: Harold Barney, Jerry Porcaro; synthesizer: Stevie Wonder; guitars: Paul M. Jackson Jr., Greg Poree; bass: Mike Porcaro, drums: Leon "Ndugu" Chandler, rhythm arrangement: Jermaine Jackson, Paul M. Jackson Jr.; background vocals: Syreeta
    A4. TO KNOW
    Electric and accoustic guitars, rhythm arrangement: Paul M. Jackson Jr., guitar: Greg Poree, bass: Mike Porcaro, Fender Rhodes: Jerry Peters, Synthesizer: Harold Barney, drums: Leon "Ndugu" Chandler, string arrangement: Gene Page, background vocals: Jermaine Jackson
    B1. FREDDIE UM READY
    Keyboards: Denzil A. Miller Jr., guitar: Paul M. Jackson Jr., bass: Mike Porcaro, drums: Jeff Porcaro, rhythm arrangement: Jermaine Jackson, Paul M. Jackson Jr.; background vocal: Syreeta
    B2. ONCE LOVE TOUCHES YOUR LIFE
    Lead and background vocals: Syreeta, Jermaine Jackson; keyboards: Steve Porcaro, Denzil A. Miller Jr.; guitar: Paul M. Jackson Jr., bass: Mike Porcaro, drums: Jeff Porcaro, rhythm arrangement: Jermaine Jackson, Paul M. Jackson Jr.; string arrangement: Gene Page
    B3. FALL APART
    Keyboards: Harold Barney, guitar: Paul M. Jackson Jr., bass: Mike Porcaro, drums: Jeff Porcaro, rhythm arrangement: Jermaine Jackson, Harold Barney; background vocals: Syreeta
    B4. THE OTHER ME
    Acoustic piano: Elliot Willensky, Fender Rhodes: Sylvester Rivers, guitar: Paul M. Jackson Jr., bass: Nathan East, drums: Ollie E. Brown, rhythm and string arrangement: Gene Page

Recording and mixing engineer: Russ Terrana
    Mastered by John Matousek
    Recorded in California.
    Last edited by Edgar; 02-09-2019 at 11:58 PM.

I have the album downloaded and recall it being pretty decent. Here it is on discogs: https://www.discogs.com/Syreeta-The-...elease/2292173

I purchased that album with great hope, but was not too fond of it. I did like Fall Apart and The Other Me. Her voice is still beautiful. I haven’t played the album in years!