[REMOVE ADS]

Them birds is crazy

NOW FOR AS LONG AS I'VE LIVED BIRDS WOULD START TO CHIRP ABOUT[5'O CLOCK]NOW MAYBE IT'S DIFFERENT WHERE YOU LIVE,BUT FOR SOME REASON THESE NUTTY BIRDS ARE SINGING AT[2'O CLOCK]I THOUGHT THAT MAYBE THEY HAD FOUND MY STASH[no the elixur is safe]SO PERHAPS THEIR LITTLE BIRD CLOCKS ARE OFF,BUT I WISH THEY WOULD SHUT THE HECK UP..DO ANY OF YOU HAVE[EARLY BIRD]PROBLEMS?

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  21.1 KB
    For 38 years, I woke up to the sound of hundreds of pigeons outside my bedroom window in Den Haag. It was on the 4th floor up in my building [[called 5th floor in USA). We had a very tall tree [[taller than the building).

In West L.A.2 streets from Santa Monica, where I lived for parts of 17 years, we had a large flock of about 40 Brasilian parrots, who used to roost in the trees in our Neighbourhood about twice per week, separated by 3-4 days, for a period of about 3 years. They gobbled like turkeys, always making a lot of noise. They suddenly disappeared as suddenly as they had appeared out of nowhere, and never returned. In Muenchen, we live just next to Englisher Garten [[the largest city park in Europe). A bach [[creek) runs along our backyard property line. We have tall trees along the creek, and the other bank is lined with tall trees as well. Both stands of trees are filled with crows in all but winter. They crow a lot in the mornings and at sundown. In Denmark, I am 2 streets away from a canal/creek, which has a lot of ducks, geese and swans honking. Our garden/farm/orchard has over 100 trees. We have a lot of finches singing. I hear birds all the time [[when it is light out) as background noise. I hardly notice it. It's like big city auto noise as normal background sound. Indeed, I'd freak out in total silence. Sometimes I work in the middle of the night, when there is dead silence. I live mainly in rural or semi-rural settings everywhere but L.A. And even there, it's fairly quiet suburban.

But, everywhere, I live right on a creek or canal [[even my sister's place in a Winnipeg suburb), so, I'm used to waking up to ducks quacking at 5 O'clock in the morning. So, I go to sleep at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning, and am so tired that I sleep through the pre-dawn quacking. That's why you see me posting here on this forum at ungodly European hours [[your late afternoon and evening prime time hours). I work mostly at home.

The tiny village where I live in North Holland has a lot of cows nearby, and a large sheep farm across the canal which is the back boundary of our property. So, I hear a lot of mooing, bleating, quacking and honking every day, the quacking starting at dawn. Thank goodness they are all silent in the middle of the night.

But, I'm used to the rural animal sounds. I hate the noisy city sounds like we had in South Chicago, and I experience in Munchen's, Copehagen's, London's, Paris' and New York's centers.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    NOW FOR AS LONG AS I'VE LIVED BIRDS WOULD START TO CHIRP ABOUT[5'O CLOCK]NOW MAYBE IT'S DIFFERENT WHERE YOU LIVE,BUT FOR SOME REASON THESE NUTTY BIRDS ARE SINGING AT[2'O CLOCK]I THOUGHT THAT MAYBE THEY HAD FOUND MY STASH[no the elixur is safe]SO PERHAPS THEIR LITTLE BIRD CLOCKS ARE OFF,BUT I WISH THEY WOULD SHUT THE HECK UP..DO ANY OF YOU HAVE[EARLY BIRD]PROBLEMS?
    SHOTGUN is needed

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    shotgun is needed
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...i still got my old musket around somewhere!!

I remember great flocks of birds flying south for the winter when I was a boy. I haven't seen birds flying south for 20 years.

No,because they're all in that tree outside my window singing doo-wop at two a.m.

When a pigeon takes a dump does that make it a stool pigeon?

They start at about 4:30-4:40 am here by me.

The only birds that irritate me are the turkeys who live next door.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    The only birds that irritate me are the turkeys who live next door.
    The ones that irritate me are the geese on Long Island that will eat an entire high school football field, then come and shit all over the sidewalk in front of my office building! If you do not clean it up fast, it makes a permanent stain on the pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    when a pigeon takes a dump does that make it a stool pigeon?
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Where I live, it's the all-night street lighting that's making the birds' clocks a little bit cuckoo.

Well,these feathered terrors might be on crack!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I remember great flocks of birds flying south for the winter when I was a boy. I haven't seen birds flying south for 20 years.
Views: 179
    Not cold enough anymore, eh? Or someone is feeding them all.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 179
    Not cold enough anymore, eh? Or someone is feeding them all.
    Beats me. I doubt it's the latter, though. The flocks used to number in the thousands and I would see several per day.

They're holding auditions in the tree outside my window.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    They're holding auditions in the tree outside my window.
    All day long? Are they hoppin' and a boppin' while they sing their song?

NO,THEY DON'T START TIL[2AM][little feathered aagggghhhhhh!!!!]