[REMOVE ADS]

Just your love four tops & ivy jo hunter

Not familiar with these versions.... great stuff if new to you too.

Same backing track to the Temptations "last one out is brokenhearted" on lost and found CD.

The Four Tops version needs CD release. Love it.

Both are nice! The Four Tops' version sounds like it could have been on their 1964 debut LP.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 05-22-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Love Just Your Love by The Four Tops, of course LEVI STUBBS at his very best as ever.

I love the Tops, but I think I prefer Ivy's version.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I love the Tops, but I think I prefer Ivy's version.
    Got to agree with RanRan - for once Levi has been out sung still a good version by the Tops though.

Oh no, guys, I think I prefer The Tops' version. Levi's voice just does it for me.

Both are just gorgeous. Ivy is the winner for me.
    We really REALLY need an I've Hunter CD release. ACE ?

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    Both are just gorgeous. Ivy is the winner for me.
    We really REALLY need an I've Hunter CD release. ACE ?
    Yes, lakedistrictlad1, they are both gorgeous. In my humble opinion, I believe if the Four Tops track were in a slightly higher musical key, it would have brought out Levi's yearning/pleading style of singing a bit more. The way it is now, Levi voice sounds, while awesome, a bit too comfortable. Remember how he used to say HDH always made him sing in a key that was a little out of his comfort zone?

I prefer the Four Tops version, but agree that an Ivy Jo CD is long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Same backing track to the Temptations "last one out is brokenhearted" on lost and found CD.
    The tune's not a million miles away from "Just Another Lonely Night" either.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Both are nice! The Four Tops' version sounds like it could have been on their 1964 debut LP.
    That just would not have been possible TomatoTom - the Four Tops debut album came out in January 1965, not in '64 as you suggest, and the track, as I'm sure you know, was recorded and finished by Ivy Jo in late April '65, so missing that albums release date by several months.

Quote Originally Posted by motownjohnny View Post
    That just would not have been possible TomatoTom - the Four Tops debut album came out in January 1965, not in '64 as you suggest, and the track, as I'm sure you know, was recorded and finished by Ivy Jo in late April '65, so missing that albums release date by several months.
    Haaaaa... I'm wrong again, johnny. Of course I did say it sounds like it could have been on there. It reminds me of "Left With A Broken Heart" a bit.

honest man Guest
    Tom did you ask YTt poster about Originals song,cheers

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    Tom did you ask YTt poster about Originals song,cheers
    Hi honest man, I did, and, unusually, I have had no reply!! Normally John does reply to most comments. I will try again on a different Originals video of his.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hi honest man, I did, and, unusually, I have had no reply!! Normally John does reply to most comments. I will try again on a different Originals video of his.
    Hey honest man, an update on the YouTube situation for you: I have had a reply from John [[silly me for being skeptical and impatient!) and have then replied to John's comment, requesting for the song to be uploaded! Hopefully he does, I am so desperate to hear it!!!

Ivy Hunter told us the version above accredited to him is not him...it's Chuck Jackson, he says. Ivy has a facebook page now, and he is pretty active with it. i posted the above version, and he was quick to give me an eye roll emoji and say, "that's not me."

Sounds like Ivy to me...and it doesn't sound like Chuck Jackson.

I do find some stylistic similarities top Ivy, but listening close, Ivy's voice has a gruffer edge to it and Chuck Jackson is more comfortable hitting some of the higher notes...

Just Your Love [[William Stevenson-Ivy Jo Hunter) published Jobete 01-Apr-65
    [alt lyrics to "Last One Out Is Broken Hearted"]
    Four Tops; recorded Hitsville, completed 18-Mar-65 ; produced by William Stevenson, Ivy Jo Hunter
    11-Dec-15; MP3 [[M): UMC Digital Release Motown Unreleased 1965 - Various Artists
    Ivy Jo; recorded Hitsville, completed 21-Apr-65 ; produced by William Stevenson, Ivy Jo Hunter
    30-Sep-14; CD [[M): Kent CDTOP 424 Satisfaction Is Guaranteed! - Motown Guys 1961-69 [UK]

It's absolutely 100% Ivy

On second listen, could be Ivy. I'm trying to compare it to I Remember When. I'd ask him, but I don't want to get the eye roll... Maybe it's Spyder Turner LOL

Got to be Levi, the warmth, Yes Ivy has the strong vocal and it's good, but Levi as ever makes it how own!

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    It's absolutely 100% Ivy
    I agree...100%