[REMOVE ADS]

Say,aren't you kin to...?

You know there have been groups with siblings as members[the scott twins of the whispers..claudette,bobby rodgers-the miracles]i'm talking about ones that some folks may not know about...[the thrasher bros.-of the original drifters...the brooks bros.-of the impressions...zeke,jake carey-the flamingos]!

The band Starpoint had five Phillips brothers. Ronnie, Charles, and Robbie Wilson were the core of the Gap Band. Of course, Heatwave had Keith and Johnny Wilder, Jr. as the lead singers. Jodeci had two sets of brothers. I guess everybody knows that Maurice and Verdine White were brothers and their protegees, the Hutchinson sisters comprised the Emotions.

Midnight Star had the Calloway brothers; Atlantic Starr had the Lewis brothers.

After 7 has brothers Melvin and Kevon Edmonds, and Keith Mitchell.

Odyssey had sisters Lillian and Louise Lopez, along with Tony Reynolds.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    You know there have been groups with siblings as members[the scott twins of the whispers..claudette,bobby rodgers-the miracles]i'm talking about ones that some folks may not know about...[the thrasher bros.-of the original drifters...the brooks bros.-of the impressions...zeke,jake carey-the flamingos]!
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  21.1 KB
    Zeke and Jake Carey were cousins, rather than brothers. But, they found out later, that Jake had been adopted. So, they were not blood kin.

Views: 343
    The Scott Brothers [[Chicago), The Scott Brothers [[PA), The Monitors' Sondra & Maurice Fagin, The Vows' Morris and George Chestnut [[cousins), The RayBer Voices' Brian & Eddie Holland, The Adorables had 2 pairs of sisters [[Pat & Diane Lewis, and Betty & Jackie Winston, Isley Brothers, The Five Keys [[Rudy & Bernie West), The Drinkard Singers [[all same family including Dionne & Dee Dee Warwick & cousin, Cissy Houston among assorted Drinkards), The Watesians [[Brenda & Patrice Holloway). The Feathers had 3 brothers, The Corsairs [[King Moe, Little Skeets & Jay Bird Uzzel). Wasn't Richard Street Melvin Franklin's cousin? The Emotions [[Wanda, Sheila & Jeanette Hutchinson), Jackson Five, Five Stairsteps, Staples Singers, Valentinos [[Bobby & Cecil Womack), The Mills Brothers, The Crampton Sisters, The Lewis Sisters [[Helen & Kay), The Shepherd Sisters, The McGuire Sisters, The Andrews Sisters [[Patty, Maxine & Lavern), The Stanley Brothers, The Five Royale's earlier Gospel group [[Lowman and Clarence Pauling), The Whispers[[Walter and Wally Scott),

There were literally hundreds of R&B groups that had siblings or cousins.
    Last edited by robb_k; 05-19-2017 at 04:43 AM.

High Inergy...Barbara and Vernessa Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 343
    The Scott Brothers [[Chicago), The Scott Brothers [[PA), The Monitors' Sondra & Maurice Fagin, The Vows' Morris and George Chestnut [[cousins), The RayBer Voices' Brian & Eddie Holland, The Adorables had 2 pairs of sisters [[Pat & Diane Lewis, and Betty & Jackie Winston, Isley Brothers, The Five Keys [[Rudy & Bernie West), The Drinkard Singers [[all same family including Dionne & Dee Dee Warwick & cousin, Cissy Houston among assorted Drinkards), The Watesians [[Brenda & Patrice Holloway). The Feathers had 3 brothers, The Corsairs [[King Moe, Little Skeets & Jay Bird Uzzel). Wasn't Richard Street Melvin Franklin's cousin? The Emotions [[Wanda, Sheila & Jeanette Hutchinson), Jackson Five, Five Stairsteps, Staples Singers, Valentinos [[Bobby & Cecil Womack), The Mills Brothers, The Crampton Sisters, The Lewis Sisters [[Helen & Kay), The Shepherd Sisters, The McGuire Sisters, The Andrews Sisters [[Patty, Maxine & Lavern), The Stanley Brothers, The Five Royale's earlier Gospel group [[Lowman and Clarence Pauling), The Whispers[[Walter and Wally Scott),

There were literally hundreds of R&B groups that had siblings or cousins.
    Richard Street and Melvin Franklin were cousins yes.

The Flirtations Lestine Johnson and sisters Ernestine Pearce, Shirley Pearce and Betty Pearce.Viola Billups, better known by her stage name Pearly Gates joined them as their lead singer later on.

Tony! Toni! Tone! had the two Wiggins brothers [[Raphael and Dwayne) and their cousin, Timothy Riley. Full Force contained three brothers and three of their cousins.

Martha and Lois Reeves.
    Martha, Lois, and Delphine Reeves.

Motown's very own Emotions, The Three Ounces Of Love, were all sisters! And Lovesmith were a quartet of brothers I believe.

Of course, Gladys Knight was related to most of her Pips: brother Bubba Knight, sister Brenda Knight, and cousins William and Eleanor Guest.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 05-21-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Motown's very own Emotions, The Three Ounces Of Love, were all sisters! And Lovesmith were a quartet of brothers I believe.

Of course, Gladys Knight was related to most of her original Pips: brother Bubba Knight, sister Brenda Knight, and cousins William and Eleanor Guest.
    Ok, so if were going to go with the obvious then:

the Jackson Five
    the Osmond Brothers
    Sister Sledge
    the Pointer Sisters

I don't think this is what Arr&Bee meant however.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Ok, so if were going to go with the obvious then:

the Jackson Five
    the Osmond Brothers
    Sister Sledge
    the Pointer Sisters

I don't think this is what Arr&Bee meant however.
    Hey Marv, that's why I said 'of course'...!

Hey Marv, that's why I said 'of course'...!
    Yeah, but I've known since the early seventies the Emotions were sisters and no one considers them "Motown". All of their hits were on other labels such as Stax and Columbia. This is the record that made them nationally famous in 1969:

Ronald and Robert Bell of Kool and the Gang are brothers.

The Dixie Cups' Barbara Ann Hawkins and Rosa Lee Hawkins are sisters.

Love Unlimited consisted of Glodean James, her sister, Linda James, and their cousin Diane Taylor

Motown's very own Emotions, The
    Of course, Gladys Knight was related to most of her original Pips: brother Bubba Knight, sister Brenda Knight, and cousins William and Eleanor Guest.
Views: 337
    Weren't the original Pips Bubba and two of her first cousins?

Yeah, but I've known since the early seventies the Emotions were sisters and no one considers them "Motown". All of their hits were on other labels such as Stax and Columbia. This is the record that made them nationally famous in 1969:

Hey Marv, I was talking about the Motown group 'The Three Ounces Of Love', who were made up of three sisters. I called them 'Motown's very own Emotions' because they were quite similar!

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 337
    Weren't the original Pips Bubba and two of her first cousins?
    Hi Robb, I believe the original line-up in 1952 was made up of Gladys, her brother Bubba, her sister Brenda, and her two cousins William and Eleanor Guest. Brenda and Eleanor left and a non-relative Edward Patten joined, and this group who stayed together for the next 30 years. I believe!

Hey Marv, I was talking about the Motown group 'The Three Ounces Of Love', who were made up of three sisters. I called them 'Motown's very own Emotions' because they were quite similar!
    Ok I'm sorry I misunderstood.

Ok I'm sorry I misunderstood.
    No worries, Marv. Especially no worries since The Emotions themselves did indeed sign with Motown, although in the mid-'80s and for one album only I believe.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 05-20-2017 at 05:04 PM. Reason: clarity

No worries, Marv. Especially so since The Emotions themselves did indeed sign with Motown, although in the mid-'80s and for one album only I believe.
    No one remembers that album.

No one remembers that album.
    LOL

No, I guess not!

The band Skyy had three sisters that were all great singers:
    Denise Dunning Wilkinson
    Bonnie Dunning Williams
    Delores Dunning Milligan

Guy, one of the best of the New Jack Swing groups consisted of brothers
    Aaron Hall and Damion Hall, along with Teddy Riley.

The band Skyy had three sisters that were all great singers:
    Denise Dunning Wilkinson
    Bonnie Dunning Williams
    Delores Dunning Milligan
    The Jets were all brothers and sisters, I believe.

Edward patten is a cousin also

I believe that the[teen queens-eddie my love]were sisters.

Klique consisted of Howard Huntsberry, Isaac Suthers and his sister, Deborah Suthers.

T-Connection had two brothers, Theophilus and Kirkwood Coakley.

Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose. Composed of siblings Carter Cornelius, Eddie Cornelius, and sisters Rose Cornelius and Billie Jo Cornelius. Cleveland E. Barrett, an original member of the group, was killed in a car accident before their chart success.

How could we not mention Sly, Rose and Freddie of The Family Stone? And before there was DeBarge, Bobby and Tommy were members of Switch.

I think that archie bell had a brother in the drells.

After 7 has brothers Melvin and Kevon Edmonds, and Keith Mitchell.
    And another brother Edmonds, Kenneth "Babyface", formerly of the Deele.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Midnight Star had the Calloway brothers; Atlantic Starr had the Lewis brothers.
    Went to high school with one of the Calloway bros. He was a year or so ahead of me, though.