[REMOVE ADS]

Roger Ailes, former president of Fox News, dead at 77

I wonder if there was foul play involved.
    Last edited by marv2; 05-18-2017 at 01:21 PM.

It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I wonder how much he was worth?

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    He was a terrible person and a bigot and a bully and a sexist and maybe even a rapist. The stress of all the upcoming litigattion probably killed him. May God forgive him for the way he abused women.

Roberta

Let's see...

Megyn Kelly: sued FOX News, won, and then left for NBC
    Greta Van Susteren: quit and went to MSNBC
    Roger Ailes: fired and now dead! Slipped in his bathtub and hit his head!
    Jesse Waters: fired
    Bill O'Reilly: fired
    Bob Beckel: fired

Next up: I predict Sean Hannity will soon quit. He was pressured to back off on a discredited story he kept pushing. He's the last of the old guard, and I suspect the Murdochs want to keep him around because he attracts that older audience.

Tucker Carlson is also another racist from the old guard. How much longer will he be around?

The channel still has two ongoing class-action suit by women and Blacks.

What do all the men who were fired have in common? They are all racists, and womanizers, the kind of people who watch Fox news loves.

I'm starting to see an effort by some of the journalists on that network to bring some journalistic credibility to the channel. I'm certain there are a lot of good people who work there who have been silenced for too long, and stayed there because they have nowhere else to go because it's hard to find a job in that industry.

The average Fox news watcher likely has little idea all of this is going on because the channel doesn't report it. Imagine the disbelief a couple of weeks ago when I told an older woman that Bob Beckel had been fired for his racist attitudes. She was visibly shocked, and told me that he was her favorite person. She said she didn't hear anything about it, and I told her that all of the legit news agencies were reporting it except Fox. Haha!
    Last edited by soulster; 05-29-2017 at 04:37 PM.

I worked in the corporate world for years. It is an absolute certainty that sexual harassment is one of the things that are terminable offenses. Companies typically will not allow hostile work environments and will put everything operationally on hold to resolve harassment complaints in order to,prevent future liability. You will typically be fired for one offense, let alone FIVE.

Only Fox would permit a serial harasser to prey on women. I think that the straw that broke the camel's back was not the advertiser defections so much as 21st Century Fox being dragged into the muck. I hope the shoes continue to drop.