Well, I just love C.P. Spencer! He is surely one of Motown's most underrated singers, in one of Motown's most underrated groups.

I have read that when C.P. left The Originals in 1973 he recorded a whole solo LP for Motown that was never released. I believe the album was even written and produced by C.P. himself. Is this true? I sure hope so.

I believe one track "Still Holding On" has since come out, on the 1973 edition of the Motown Year By Year collection, and that's it! According to the DFTMC website the song was originally scheduled for release as M 1272 with a B-Side of "Say It Like The Children". Both tracks were recorded in April 1973 and produced by the man C.P. himself. Could any of y'all who have the CD tell me what the "Still Holding On" is like? Thanks

So, more importantly, can anyone confirm the existence of more solo C.P. recordings? Do you know how many there are? [[Enough for a whole album?) Any idea of what songs were recorded? [[Jobete covers or original songs?)

I don't believe the album was ever actually scheduled for release [[with a catalogue number), or given a track listing or title, so I don't have much to go by!!

Thanks all