[REMOVE ADS]

"Nightflight" Tue May 16, 9P-12M ET "An Interview with Harry Weinger"

Howdy, Folks! Tonight...on "Nightflight" [[Tue, May 16, 9P-12M ET...www.womr.org)..."Behind the Scenes at Motown/Universal" with Grammy Award winning VP of A & R at UMe Harry Weinger! This is an interview I did with Harry in 2010, never aired since the original live airing. Harry has produced numerous Motown and Universal cds and boxsets. He is also the executive producer of the projects that Andy Skurow and George Solomon work on, including the new UMe/Motown release "Supremes A' Go Go...Expanded!" Harry is also adjunct professor at NYU's Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music, so consider what you hear on tonight's show TUITION-FREE!! And you'll hear some of the classic music from the great cds produced by Harry! Join us tonight! See you on the RADIO! Thanks! John
    Last edited by midnight johnny; 05-16-2017 at 08:02 AM.

In addition to all the effort around Supremes A Go Go, Harry needs to be thanked for the beautiful 6LP boxed set Ella Fitzgerald Sings the George and Ira Gershwin Songbooks. ​It is truly a delightful set.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    In addition to all the effort around Supremes A Go Go, Harry needs to be thanked for the beautiful 6LP boxed set Ella Fitzgerald Sings the George and Ira Gershwin Songbooks. ​It is truly a delightful set.
    Yes....and there have been so many more sets that Harry produced...his resume is so vast there isn't enough room here...but we discuss many of them during the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Yes....and there have been so many more sets that Harry produced...his resume is so vast there isn't enough room here...but we discuss many of them during the interview.
    Is it a live interview tonight? A chance to sneak in a question or two from the peanut gallery?

I believe that this evening's "NightFlight" program is a re-broadcast of a previous interview. However, there is a huge amount of information to take in, and I will listen again as to take in facts I may have missed the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    I believe that this evening's "NightFlight" program is a re-broadcast of a previous interview. However, there is a huge amount of information to take in, and I will listen again as to take in facts I may have missed the first time around.
    Mark...you're absolutely right...an information filled re-broadcast...but the only other time on air was the original live show.

Hi Johnny:
    Just logged in.
    Lorne

Great show. Thank you for re-airing it. Lots of great information.

Great show and loving it. However, I thought my computer was recording the show and it turns out that because of slower internet speed at the hotel that I'm staying, it didn't start recording the 1st 2 hours. Is anyone else recording the show out there ? Send me a personal message here if You are. I'd love to get a copy of it.

[QUOTE=drlorne;386674]Hi Johnny:
    Just logged in.
    Lorne[/QUOTE
    Hey there, Lorne...great to see you!]

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Great show. Thank you for re-airing it. Lots of great information.
    Thanks Victor...glad you could listen. Yeah...Harry is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by greg jones View Post
    Great show and loving it. However, I thought my computer was recording the show and it turns out that because of slower internet speed at the hotel that I'm staying, it didn't start recording the 1st 2 hours. Is anyone else recording the show out there ? Send me a personal message here if You are. I'd love to get a copy of it.
    Greg...thank you a lot!!