[REMOVE ADS]

Mary wilson interview - menopause the musical

Interview with Mary about Menopause the Musical. Has anyone seen this? It sounds like she is not playing a character but is the hostess. But she does sing in it

starts at 37:11

http://news.wjct.org/post/5102017-co...valerie-bowman

Thanks Milven. If you scroll down the page to just about the middle ,you can go right to Mary's interview.

Here's another article about the show:

http://jacksonville.com/entertainmen...s-union-center

Mary sure is versatile and not afraid to take risks!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Mary sure is versatile and not afraid to take risks!
    She is still at the height of her powers, which is amazing in my opinion.

Keeping her career fresh with different types of performances.

I get the sense that Mary's role, as "hostess," as it were, might be similar to the role she played in Beehive, where, in addition to singing, she sort of guided the audience narratively through the show. I believe that role was created for her, just as this one was created for Cindy Williams, probably in order to boost interest by adding a "name" to the cast.

As for her trepidation regarding altered song lyrics, she has a valid point. Both she and Diane routinely seem to mess up the lyrics even to songs they've sung for decades, which has always perplexed me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    I get the sense that Mary's role, as "hostess," as it were, might be similar to the role she played in Beehive, where, in addition to singing, she sort of guided the audience narratively through the show. I believe that role was created for her, just as this one was created for Cindy Williams, probably in order to boost interest by adding a "name" to the cast.

As for her trepidation regarding altered song lyrics, she has a valid point. Both she and Diane routinely seem to mess up the lyrics even to songs they've sung for decades, which has always perplexed me.
    In "Beehive", when she did that slow version of "And Beat Goes On" with that Vietnam narrative it knocked me out and she got a standing ovation.