[REMOVE ADS]

Going to church without leaving the house...

Marvin tears the house down!

Perfectly said!

Yes, that was the Gospel Soul of Mr. Marvin Gaye with sista Flo Ballard wailing in the background!

Hey Marv! Is Diane on background also?

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    I am not sure but I know Mary and Florence are. All three of them are on Marvin's "Wonderful One". Mary Wilson is on The Miracles "Mickey's Monkey, so is Martha Reeves.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I am not sure but I know Mary and Florence are. All three of them are on Marvin's "Wonderful One". Mary Wilson is on The Miracles "Mickey's Monkey, so is Martha Reeves.
    And so are The Andantes.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Diana and Florence are definitely on it loud and clear. And Marvin himself mentions Diana on background specifically in an interview about the song. Mary is the one I'm not so sure about. I can't hear her and she attributed the backing vocals on the song in her first book to Martha and the Vandellas, so one can assume that it's a possibility that she isn't on it. But all three are definitely on "You're a Wonderful One".

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    And so are The Andantes.
    On "Mickey's Monkey"? Because they certainly aren't on "You're a Wonderful One".

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    On "Mickey's Monkey"? Because they certainly aren't on "You're a Wonderful One".
    All 3 Supremes are on Wonderful One. Mary told me that years ago and I believe Marvin has mentioned as well. Mary knows the recordings she did.

Diana and Florence are definitely on it loud and clear. And Marvin himself mentions Diana on background specifically in an interview about the song. Mary is the one I'm not so sure about. I can't hear her and she attributed the backing vocals on the song in her first book to Martha and the Vandellas, so one can assume that it's a possibility that she isn't on it. But all three are definitely on "You're a Wonderful One".
    Mary Wilson is on this record too. I am not even going to tell what else she said, hehehehehehehe!

Mary Wilson is on this record too. I am not even going to tell what else she said, hehehehehehehe!
    Oh tell us lolololololololol

All 3 Supremes are on Wonderful One. Mary told me that years ago and I believe Marvin has mentioned as well. Mary knows the recordings she did.
    I know they are on "You're a Wonderful One". My response was to Vgalindo's mention of the Andantes. I'm assuming he's referring to "Mickey's Monkey" [[as there are so many voices on that one I wouldn't be surprised if the Andantes were thrown into the studio that day as well) because "Wonderful One" is all Marvin and the Supremes.

Well until Mary tells me she was on the record, or HDH or Diana Ross or someone with the credentials to know makes a statement, I'm going to have to leave a question mark on Mary's involvement in "Can I Get a Witness", because, as I said, I don't hear her and she gave credit in her first book to another group. Just seems to me she wasn't there. She could be, I'm just not convinced.

Well until Mary tells me she was on the record, or HDH or Diana Ross or someone with the credentials to know makes a statement, I'm going to have to leave a question mark on Mary's involvement in "Can I Get a Witness", because, as I said, I don't hear her and she gave credit in her first book to another group. Just seems to me she wasn't there. She could be, I'm just not convinced.
    Who really cares what you think? Believe whatever you want and be happy!

Who really cares what you think? Believe whatever you want and be happy!
    You're a rude ass mickey fickey, you know that? First of all I never even addressed you, you addressed me, so clearly you did care about what I think. I don't need your permission to believe anything. The next time you run around this forum pretending that you never throw the first stone but stones are always being hurled in your direction, I'm going to point your ass right back to this thread so you can see you're just as much a trouble maker as some of the other trouble makers around here. Maybe if you were a happier person you'd be able to converse without getting so nasty because someone doesn't hold the same opinion you do. You're too old not to understand that. Grow up.

Yes on "Mickeys Monkey". Louvain Demps said they are on it. She said this during her interview with Midnight Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Yes on "Mickeys Monkey". Louvain Demps said they are on it. She said this during her interview with Midnight Johnny.
    I can believe it. There are so many voices on that one that it's not a stretch to believe the Andantes were three of the many. Thanks for the information.