[REMOVE ADS]

"Nightflight" Tue, May 9, 9P-12M ET...My Motown interview with Louvain Demps!!

Howdy, Folks! Join me tonight on "Nightflight" [[Tue May 9, 9P-12M ET, www.womr.org)...for a special Motown interview replay [[from 2012) that I remastered with previously unheard material. The great lady being interviewed is Louvain Demps...member of Motown's background voices...The Andantes. Louvain, along with Jackie Hicks and the late Marlene Barrow, can be heard on thousands of Motown tracks you know and love by the Four Tops, the Supremes, Brenda Holloway, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder...and so many more. Louvain brings us to so much rich Motown history...she is one of the important pillars of the Motown legacy. And she'll be listening in to the show, which I'm excited about. I hope you'll listen in too. See you on the radio! Thanks! John

Very nice. Thanks for the reminder. I'll hear you later.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Very nice. Thanks for the reminder. I'll hear you later.
    Sure...see you on the radio!

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Sure...see you on the radio!
    Isn't there an old joke about you having the face for radio? I've forgotten.

I remember listening to this back in 2012. It is a very sweet, very honest interview. Thank you John.

I remember listening to this back in 2012. It is a very sweet, very honest interview. Thank you John.
    Thanxal!!! I appreciate it!!

Were you hungry? You so quickly switched to "who fed you"? I thought that was so funny and delightful!

Were you hungry? You so quickly switched to "who fed you"? I thought that was so funny and delightful!
    HUH?? I don't get it!

HUH?? I don't get it!
    You asked her where they ate. Or if food was brought in. And Louvain tells the lunch counter story. I like the human interest angle.

You asked her where they ate. Or if food was brought in. And Louvain tells the lunch counter story. I like the human interest angle.

Ohhhhh...gotcha!!!

Thanks John. Great show. Wonderful interview. I missed it the first time. Glad you re-aired it.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 05-10-2017 at 12:27 AM.

Glad t see u hack i caught t last hour of ur show. Sorry i missed t first 2 hours

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Thanks John. Great show. Wonderful interview. I missed it the first time. Glad you re-aired it.
    Thanks, Victor...much appreciated! John

Shorty Long was played and discussed for what reason? He is a mere footnote in Motown history. I wanted to know more details about DR and the Supremes recordings because they will be remembered and played in 100 years. The Supremes put Motown on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Shorty Long was played and discussed for what reason? He is a mere footnote in Motown history. I wanted to know more details about DR and the Supremes recordings because they will be remembered and played in 100 years. The Supremes put Motown on the map.
    Lol... Circa, I think that's a bit harsh on poor ol' Shorty. He was a great singer, songwriter and, even, producer. I believe he was one of the first Motown acts allowed to produce their own material, before even Marvin and Stevie. Shorty made some fantastic, fantastic music including his hilarious big hit "Here Comes The Judge", the funky "Function At The Junction", "Sing What You Wanna" and many more. Sadly he died in a boating accident before his career could really get going. Which unfortunately means that he isn't discussed a lot at all; where else would the poor guy be discussed if not on rare Motown radio show? And, while The Supremes are legendary, they are not the be all and end all of Motown.

"Midnight Johnny" is much under appreciated and re-airing his interview with Louvain Demps underscores just how much a very valuable member of Soulful Detroit Forum he really is! I enjoyed the broadcast the first time 'round, and even more so on the repeat. Louvain Demps should consider writing her own memoirs and take it further than what she shared in the out of print book, published in 2007 "Name:  51ixYmmllBL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  47.0 KB
    Motown From The Background."
    Last edited by Mark Desjardines; 05-10-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Lol... Circa, I think that's a bit harsh on poor ol' Shorty. He was a great singer, songwriter and, even, producer. I believe he was one of the first Motown acts allowed to produce their own material, before even Marvin and Stevie. Shorty made some fantastic, fantastic music including his hilarious big hit "Here Comes The Judge", the funky "Function At The Junction", "Sing What You Wanna" and many more. Sadly he died in a boating accident before his career could really get going. Which unfortunately means that he isn't discussed a lot at all; where else would the poor guy be discussed if not on rare Motown radio show? And, while The Supremes are legendary, they are not the be all and end all of Motown.
    Tom...thanks for posting your clear understanding of Shorty's importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    "Midnight Johnny" is much under appreciated and re-airing his interview with Louvain Demps underscores just how much a very valuable member of Soulful Detroit Forum he really is! I enjoyed the broadcast the first time 'round, and even more so on the repeat. Louvain Demps should consider writing her own memoirs and take it further than what she shared in the out of print book, published in 2007 "Name:  51ixYmmllBL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  47.0 KB
    Motown From The Background."
    Thanks, Mark!!

Tom...thanks for posting your clear understanding of Shorty's importance.
    That's alright, John! Unfortunately I didn't catch this show [[with it being on in the middle of the night and all!) but can I listen to it on the WOMR website?

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    That's alright, John! Unfortunately I didn't catch this show [[with it being on in the middle of the night and all!) but can I listen to it on the WOMR website?
    Thanks, Tom.......check your SDF mailbox. John