[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes "Let me go the right way"

This is the first time I saw this video. I love it!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FiZmXvYzM0w

Oh yeah, I've had this and the entire concert in my collection for years. This is one of the best of their early recordings. It was a local hit.

Wow. Never saw it either..only singing it in Motown review I think. Where was this?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Wow. Never saw it either..only singing it in Motown review I think. Where was this?
    It's the Carre Theatre in Amsterdam. No doubt you've seen the "...Lovelight..." and "Baby Love" clips from the same date.

Thanks. So was this around 1965 ish?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thanks. So was this around 1965 ish?
    I wanna say '64.

I like this very much! Not a massive fan of early Supremes stuff but I do like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I wanna say '64.
    Yes it was 1964. They were in Europe promoting "Baby Love" etc. This was when they appeared on England's "Top of the Pops" for the first time.

Very cute,i've always liked[let me go]but i didn't know they had a vid out,very cute indeed!

On October 14, 1964, the Supremes performed during the intermission of the Snip & Snap Revue, a [[back then) very popular Dutch vaudeville show starring two men in drag [[they would “do” the Supremes during their show in the late 1960s, together with the still popular Dutch comedian André van Duin). The Supremes performed 3 or 4 songs: “Let Me Go The Right Way,” “When The Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes,” “Baby Love,” and—as some sources suggest—“Where Did Our Love Go,” all recorded at the Amsterdam Carré theater by the AVRO broadcast company. As the AVRO also taped the 1968 Diana Ross and the Supremes concert in Amsterdam, and owned the copyright, they released the 1968 show on DVD [[“The Supremes: Greatest Hits Live in Amsterdam”) and included 3 of the 4 1964 performances as bonus tracks [[only “Where Did Our Love Go” was not included). The Amsterdam performance of “When The Lovelight…” was also included on the Supremes Reflections DVD.

Name:  Supremes Amsterdam 1964 canal.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  83.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    On October 14, 1964, the Supremes performed during the intermission of the Snip & Snap Revue, a [[back then) very popular Dutch vaudeville show starring two men in drag [[they would “do” the Supremes during their show in the late 1960s, together with the still popular Dutch comedian André van Duin). The Supremes performed 3 or 4 songs: “Let Me Go The Right Way,” “When The Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes,” “Baby Love,” and—as some sources suggest—“Where Did Our Love Go,” all recorded at the Amsterdam Carré theater by the AVRO broadcast company. As the AVRO also taped the 1968 Diana Ross and the Supremes concert in Amsterdam, and owned the copyright, they released the 1968 show on DVD [[“The Supremes: Greatest Hits Live in Amsterdam”) and included 3 of the 4 1964 performances as bonus tracks [[only “Where Did Our Love Go” was not included). The Amsterdam performance of “When The Lovelight…” was also included on the Supremes Reflections DVD.

Name:  Supremes Amsterdam 1964 canal.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  83.2 KB
    One of Diana's fan clubs mentioned that they also performed LONG GONE LOVER during the Snip Snap Revue. If true, I really hope that footage surfaces.

Love Long Gone Lover!! I'm surprised at that early time Diana was so far removed from Mary and Flo. Even later she was usually closer to them on stage