[REMOVE ADS]

The Miracles Exhibit at the Grammy Museum Closes Today

Last edited by marv2; 05-02-2017 at 02:35 PM. Reason: change heading

There is also an excellent interview here with Claudette.

It's interesting in the interview Claudette states the exhibit goes through July 1, 2017...I wonder why it is closing early? I love the beautiful stage wear in the background. The white and purple/fuchsia is very attractive combination!
    Darin

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    It's interesting in the interview Claudette states the exhibit goes through July 1, 2017...I wonder why it is closing early? I love the beautiful stage wear in the background. The white and purple/fuchsia is very attractive combination!
    Darin
    I didn't catch that Darin. The uniforms in the background I remember seeing them wear on an early album cover I believe.

Yes, those were the outfits they wore for this album:

Attachment 12880

She seems like such a lovely and welcoming lady! And she looks GREAT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    She seems like such a lovely and welcoming lady! And she looks GREAT!!!
    She's always been that way too.

My gosh Marv, I knew I recognized the outfits but it didn't click they were on the cover of "Hi, We're The Miracles"! Very neat they still exist, at least I would assume they are the originals. The cost to reproduce them would be high I would think, just to use in an exhibit. Thanks for pointing out where we all saw them originally!
    Darin

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    My gosh Marv, I knew I recognized the outfits but it didn't click they were on the cover of "Hi, We're The Miracles"! Very neat they still exist, at least I would assume they are the originals. The cost to reproduce them would be high I would think, just to use in an exhibit. Thanks for pointing out where we all saw them originally!
    Darin
    You are most welcome Darin. I am sure we are going to see a lot of amazing items that are still in existence once the new, major addition is complete for the Hitsville Museum in Detroit.

This is the first I heard any mention of an exhibit to honor the Miracles.

This brings back memories of the Florence Ballard Exhibits which were held in 1987-1989. One was held at the Whiteley Gallery in L.A.; another at the Bridge Gallery in L.A.; and another at the EZTV Gallery in West Hollywood. These were followed up by a 1991 Florence Ballard Exhibition at the Westminster Cultural Arts Center which featured a concert with Gladys Horton. Alan White, President of the Florence Ballard Fan Club was responsible for all these wonderful events. I wish that this type of exhibit honoring Florence would be held in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    This is the first I heard any mention of an exhibit to honor the Miracles.

This brings back memories of the Florence Ballard Exhibits which were held in 1987-1989. One was held at the Whiteley Gallery in L.A.; another at the Bridge Gallery in L.A.; and another at the EZTV Gallery in West Hollywood. These were followed up by a 1991 Florence Ballard Exhibition at the Westminster Cultural Arts Center which featured a concert with Gladys Horton. Alan White, President of the Florence Ballard Fan Club was responsible for all these wonderful events. I wish that this type of exhibit honoring Florence would be held in Detroit.
    I remember seeing pictures from those exhibits honoring Florence. There similar ones in D.C. for the Supremes by Norwin Simmons.

The Grammy Museum seems to like showing love for Motown. I went to The Supremes exhibit last year, and this one looks similar. They also had a few pieces from Michael Jackson out at the time. It's a nice museum, well worth an afternoon if you are a music lover.

I wish I had known about this exhibit earlier. I would have definitely gone to see it. I too couldn't remember what album those outfits were from; I think they were used in their early days as "The Matadors," weren't they? They have that sort of look.