[REMOVE ADS]

diana mention: Nile Rodgers tribute

HBO premiered its broadcast of the 2017 Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony last night.

In the video below, at about time 1:10, Nile Rodgers talks about what working with Diana Ross taught him ...

Thank you zani57 for the heads up on the Nile Rodgers RRHOF tribute. Its is criminal that Nile has had to wait as long as he has for peer recognition. Sometime back Nile discussed plans for an upcoming Chic Organization album project. He wrote a song entitled "The Queen" and tried to get Diana Ross to sing the lyrics, as a guest vocalist for the project. She evidently declined, and I'd read that her son Evan heard a demo and was so impressed, he tried to convince her, to no avail. I've read recently that some young blood music producers have approached Diana with the hope of working with her. There have been many chart miracles in the past for older artists teaming up with young hitmaker for one last hurrah on the pop music charts. The problem lies in the vast amount of international touring to promote a left field hit. Diana Ross has more than enough of a musical legacy, but It would be fantastic to hear new music from her. I have two albums of Lamont Dozier reinterpreting many of his iconic H-D-H compositions, in a way, reflecting on his youth with a bitter/sweet point of view. I've wondered if Diana could tackle such a project herself, looking back reexamining her own material, as well as other Motown songs that she loved, from the point of view as a mature woman. In any case, I am very happy that Nile Rodgers was finally recognized for his musical legacy.