[REMOVE ADS]

Its here, its glorious, I'm speechless

Really. Unbelievable. No words. Except...
    Thanks to the Supremes, Andy, George, Kevin and Harry.

Got my copy today! All I can say is... "And the best CD release of 2017 goes to MOTOWN Records' Harry Weinger, Andy Skurrow, George Solomon, and Kevin Reeves for the The Supremes "A' Go-Go" [[Expanded) 2-CD set!"

Performance: 10
    Sound Quality: 10

This set is a real joy to wallow through. Aurally, not one dull moment from start to finish! Visually, equally rich. The first thing you'll notice when you open the left-wing pink cover is a gorgeous photo of Flo on the right inside panel that will surely tug at your heart-strings.

Musically, it's exciting to finally have the Mono version of the album available again along with the usual-for-CD Stereo version.

For me, the most thrilling aspect of this 50th Anniversary set is the wide variety of Bonus tracks. These aren't just similar-sounding alternate versions to the previously-released versions. Some of these are really different -- and exciting, too!

Highlights:

"He's All I've Got" has a beautiful instrumental break in the bridge which, up 'til now, was non-existent. Motown magic!

"Heat Wave" and "It's The Same Old Song" are taken at a slower tempo here -- and it works like a charm!

"Mother Dear" is REALLY different! Gone is the smooth and familiar shuffle-beat of the "More Hits" album version. Instead, it's replaced by a choppy musical arrangement reminiscent of "When The Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes" and "Mickey's Monkey". Strange, but it works! And It's fun, too!

"Put Yourself In My Place" contains an instrumental ending which is really pretty.

"These Boots Are Made For Walking" boasts first-time-ever handclaps which really jazz it up -- so much so that even "I" like it! [[I was never crazy about that track before.)

And, the intro to "Hang On Sloopy" is now accented with "Where-Did-Our-Love-Go"-styled foot stomps. [[Never cared for that track, either, but I dislike it less here. I guess I just love being reminded of "Where Did Our Love Go" which started it all for The Supremes.)

As reported by others, the two extended mixes of "Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart", which close out the set, are HOT!!! And, even better, they're nearly-segued! Turn it up and CRANK IT!!!

I listened to the entire 2-CD set under my Sony Studio Monitor headphones. The entire set blew me away! Motown never sounded so good!

Thank you again, Harry, Andy, George, and Kevin, and MOTOWN for yet another winner! BEST WISHES for HUGE SALES!!!

- Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 04-29-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Hi guys, be sure to post your reviews on Amazon so it motivates sales. They'll be read here of course but it's like preaching to the choir, I think.

Thanks for the review Gary. I'll know what to listen out for when I get a copy. Talking of which it is now available on Amazon from All Your Music [[USA) for £22.10 plus £1.26 UK delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Hi guys, be sure to post your reviews on Amazon so it motivates sales. They'll be read here of course but it's like preaching to the choir, I think.
    Thanks for the idea. Consider it done!

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Thanks for the review Gary. I'll know what to listen out for when I get a copy. Talking of which it is now available on Amazon from All Your Music [[USA) for £22.10 plus £1.26 UK delivery.
    You're welcome, mysterysinger.

In my above review, I forgot to mention that The "Supremes A' Go-Go" is one of the best Expanded issues that Motown has ever released. Every Bonus track has a higher-than-usual energy about it that keeps the pacing at an exciting level. It's almost as if the tracks were remixed [[although I'm sure they weren't). I also forgot to mention that The Supremes' version of Martha's "In My Lonely Room" sounds better than ever. I don't remember it ever sounding this good! I'm surprised that Motown didn't release it as a single. In closing, the two booklets make the set a treasure that every Motown fan should have in his/her prized Motown collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    In my above review, I forgot to mention that The "Supremes A' Go-Go" is one of the best Expanded issues that Motown has ever released. Every Bonus track has a higher-than-usual energy about it that keeps the pacing at an exciting level. It's almost as if the tracks were remixed [[although I'm sure they weren't). I also forgot to mention that The Supremes' version of Martha's "In My Lonely Room" sounds better than ever. I don't remember it ever sounding this good! I'm surprised that Motown didn't release it as a single. In closing, the two booklets make the set a treasure that every Motown fan should have in his/her prized Motown collection.
    I wrote on another thread that Get Ready blew me away. but you are spot on. I've never heard such clarity, pop and depth as on Disc 2. There must have been lots of coffee by the mixing boards.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I wrote on another thread that Get Ready blew me away. but you are spot on. I've never heard such clarity, pop and depth as on Disc 2. There must have been lots of coffee by the mixing boards.
    You're so right! Whatever was going on at those mixing boards and remastering machines, Motown magic was in the air and this set proves it!

You're so right! Whatever was going on at those mixing boards and remastering machines, Motown magic was in the air and this set proves it!
    "Mixing boards"! Of course it can all probably be done on an iPhone nowadays!

My copy from Amazon said it won't be delivered until the 4th or 5th. That's too long. I went to my local record store Rasputin and they had a copy. I was so excited and snatched it up. I'm loving it!! Wow is all I can say!!

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    My copy from Amazon said it won't be delivered until the 4th or 5th. That's too long. I went to my local record store Rasputin and they had a copy. I was so excited and snatched it up. I'm loving it!! Wow is all I can say!!
    What a bummer, vgalindo! But, yeah, it's fantastic, isn't it! Have you played the Bonus tracks yet? It starts with track 25 on disc 1, and doesn't let up until the end of disc 2. And then it goes out with a bang! It's incredible!

What a bummer, vgalindo! But, yeah, it's fantastic, isn't it! Have you played the Bonus tracks yet? It starts with track 25 on disc 1, and doesn't let up until the end of disc 2. And then it goes out with a bang! It's incredible!
    Yes disc 2 is a gem. These alternate versions sound so good. Better than I have ever heard them.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Vgalindo, the same delivery date from Amazon was given to me although I pre-ordered it when it was first offered. Yea, I know I could have paid for it to have shipped sooner, but, in the past, when I use the default shipping date, it usually arrives well before promised date.

Anyway, I almost went on and downloaded it from iTunes, but I believe I will save my coins and wait. The samples and the uploads on YouTube will just have to hold me over.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    Vgalindo, the same delivery date from Amazon was given to me although I pre-ordered it when it was first offered. Yea, I know I could have paid for it to have shipped sooner, but, in the past, when I use the default shipping date, it usually arrives well before promised date.

Anyway, I almost went on and downloaded it from iTunes, but I believe I will save my coins and wait. The samples and the uploads on YouTube will just have to hold me over.
    I pre-ordered mine as soon as it was offered too. I really didn't expect them to wait so long to ship. I even called customer support and complained saying why wasn't my copy shipped on the 28th. They said I will get it on the 4th or 5th. As of this afternoon it was still showing preparing to ship. I bet it won't ship till Monday. This never happened to me in the past either.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 04-30-2017 at 01:01 AM.