[REMOVE ADS]

Exclamation Supremes - Love Is Like An itching In My Heart [[early versions the scartch it mix)

Oh wow !!!

Love this version. I actually think they should have let Diana start the song in that low register on the final version before kicking into high gear.

huntergettingcaptured Guest
    Actually, this sounds chillingly sexy, hearing Diana sing in such a low register. Great to have those breaks where you just hear Florence and Mary. This song has always had more of an R&B sound than most of their output, and this version especially has all the emphasis on the "BLUES" part.

My, but this is a hot, funky, nasty groove!
    Last edited by huntergettingcaptured; 05-01-2017 at 12:55 AM.

This version is fantastic. I have heard a version where Diane says start it over at the end, but not sure if this is the one. Love the lower register. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    This version is fantastic. I have heard a version where Diane says start it over at the end, but not sure if this is the one. Love the lower register. Thanks for posting.
    demotownguy, that is the second half of the Scratch It Mix. She says that right at the end and it goes right into the SupreMix extended version of the song. It's a long Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart dance extravaganza!

Quote Originally Posted by huntergettingcaptured View Post
    Actually, this sounds chillingly sexy, hearing Diana sing in such a low register. Great to have those breaks where you just hear Florence and Mary. This song has always had more of an R&B sound than most of their output, and this version especially has all the emphasis on the "BLUES" part.

My, but this is a hot, funky, nasty groove!
    Yes, not often H-D-H go outta' their funkin' minds!

Damn, another task to do [[find that mix) lol! I Usually play the extended Itching on the Superstar series over and over when I am painting the inside of the house to reduce the agony of the task. I always wanted to have an extra copy of that CD, seems hard to find. The fact we can clearly hear Mary and Flo is heaven. I have always maintained that their 3 distinct voices are wht "made their sound". I can't think of a group that could touch the Supremes. Now to look for that mix.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    demotownguy, that is the second half of the Scratch It Mix. She says that right at the end and it goes right into the SupreMix extended version of the song. It's a long Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart dance extravaganza!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0c9a3ic-2d8

In it way it creeps me out to listen to records like this one that we played at our little school parties in the 1st Grade! LOL!!!! I'm really serious [[I know it wasn't this version), I never thought these records from way back then would still hold interest all these years later.

Hey Marv! Guess there is still interest in older Music. I was looking at a few YouTube Rolling Stones concerts and there is def a demand for older music. Saw a lot of younger folks in the audience. I do worry about keeping the classic Motown catalogue alive and well. These rock groups still seem to pack 'em in. I wish the remaining Motown groups had the same level of interest. It is well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Hey Marv! Guess there is still interest in older Music. I was looking at a few YouTube Rolling Stones concerts and there is def a demand for older music. Saw a lot of younger folks in the audience. I do worry about keeping the classic Motown catalogue alive and well. These rock groups still seem to pack 'em in. I wish the remaining Motown groups had the same level of interest. It is well deserved.
    Oh I know there is interest even if designated Oldies stations no longer play much of the sixties music. I have a lot of it in my collection. I have the first 3 Rolling Stones albums and then the ones the put out in the 70s later on starting with "Some Girls" etc. I just didn't think music and other things that were just apart of everyday life in 1965-66 etc,etc would still be around today. I don't know, I guess I am just getting old LOL!!!

It's very telling that on a lot of these alternate versions of Supremes tracks Diana is "riffing"....I don't think Berry wanted to release product where Diana sounded "rough" [[re: ghetto) so they always released a more streamlined, pristine version that would crossover.

Listen to the alternate version of "Love Child" on the Lost and Found compilation and y'all know where I'm coming from...

Quote Originally Posted by LoveSupreme View Post
    It's very telling that on a lot of these alternate versions of Supremes tracks Diana is "riffing"....I don't think Berry wanted to release product where Diana sounded "rough" [[re: ghetto) so they always released a more streamlined, pristine version that would crossover.

Listen to the alternate version of "Love Child" on the Lost and Found compilation and y'all know where I'm coming from...
    You're right about that. There's NO WAY that Gordy would risk The Supremes crossover following in the '60s with performances that sounded "too rough". Anyway, "Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart"
    [[as well as The Supremes A Go-Go LP) did put them back in the groove with their core following of teens [[after the MOR oriented I Hear A Symphony & At The Copa albums).

Quote Originally Posted by LoveSupreme View Post

You certainly make an excellent point; one that I hadn't even considered before. Also, with regards to "Love Child", the subject matter certainly does not lend itself to "riffing", at least not in my opinion.