[REMOVE ADS]

All Star Motown Revue Dec 1968

Anyon here have any idea which acts would have formed the ALL STAR MOTOWN REVUE that was touring as support for the Temptations in late 1968.
    Everyone on the show obviously had the Big Motown Band backing them up, I'd guess that those musicians were led by Hamilton Bohannon at that time.Attachment 12844

I would guess that Bobby Taylor & the Vancouvers would be one of the supporting acts at that time, but this is a hard one because most of the other Motown Acts in '68 were "name" acts.
    Last edited by marv2; 04-27-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Presumably this is not the same line up that was recorded live at The Fox Theatre in 1969 and released as The Motortown Revue Live on Motown 633 [[the band was led by Hamilton Bohannon). The Temptations were "special guests" but the line up there included The Originals, Blinky, Stevie Wonder [[he appears on all the Motortown Revue albums I think), Bobby Taylor and Gladys Knight & The Pips. One or other might have been on at Baltimore?

The only problem with all those acts recorded live @ the Fox Theatre was that was very close to home, so I guess whoever was around at the time would have been nominated for the show.
    To go on tour all across the US as support acts for the Tempts would be far too time consuming for guys like Stevie plus Gladys & the Pips. Maybe Blinky, the Originals & Bobby Taylor would have been out there though.