[REMOVE ADS]

In Loving Memory of Esther Gordy Edwards

On Tuesday, April 25, Founders Day will be held at the Motown Museum in Detroit from 10 AM until 6 PM. They are offering 2 admissions for the price of 1.

Mrs. Edwards was a kind and wonderful lady. She was instrumental in the establishment of Motown and it's development. She was responsible for keeping the Motown Museum and its legacy when it was officially designated in 1985.

Please keep Mrs. Edwards in your prayers and thoughts on Tuesday, April 25.

The world has not been the same without her. She was an outstanding person that we all owe a debt of gratitude to for her foresight in creating the Motown Museum.

I miss Mrs. Edwards all the time. She was such a great lady and fun to be around. God Bless her. Thank you Woodward.

Ms. Edwards was a kind and gracious lady. I met her while she was visiting her daughter-in-law Mother's house, who lived next door to my house. One day I came in from work, and there was Ms. Edwards sitting on the porch chatting with my Mother and next door neighbor. I was in shock and walked right by. My Mother scolded me for not saying Hello to anyone; but Ms. Edwards daughter in law knew I was a big Motown fan; so the next time Ms. Edwards visited, she came and pulled me out of my house and introduced us. We talked for about an hour of all things Motown. She fondly remembered that Berry use to live down the street. I told her I was looking for a copy of "You beat me to the punch". Two weeks later, she bought it to me. Also, she took me on a tour of the Gordy mansion. Just a gracious, kind and classy lady.

Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    Ms. Edwards was a kind and gracious lady. I met her while she was visiting her daughter-in-law Mother's house, who lived next door to my house. One day I came in from work, and there was Ms. Edwards sitting on the porch chatting with my Mother and next door neighbor. I was in shock and walked right by. My Mother scolded me for not saying Hello to anyone; but Ms. Edwards daughter in law knew I was a big Motown fan; so the next time Ms. Edwards visited, she came and pulled me out of my house and introduced us. We talked for about an hour of all things Motown. She fondly remembered that Berry use to live down the street. I told her I was looking for a copy of "You beat me to the punch". Two weeks later, she bought it to me. Also, she took me on a tour of the Gordy mansion. Just a gracious, kind and classy lady.
    Stingbeelee that is great story and thank you for sharing. Yeah I remember the gossip sessions Mrs. Edwards and my own mother use to have LOL! I remember this one time back in the early 90s they were standing around at Hitsville and just going at it. I was hungry and trying to come up with any excuse to interrupt them to go eat. It got to the point where I said out loud "I am starving" and without missing a beat or even looking at me, Mrs. Edwards goes into her purse and hands me a mint! LOL! So they continued on with their conversation/gossip! LOL~!

Exactly Marv! My next door neighbor, my Mom and Ms. Edwards would sit on the porch and talk and talk. I don't think at first my Mom knew who Ms. Edwards was, but I did tell her. Ms. Edwards brought me a lot of Motown records [[sadly stolen) and she was bemused that I was so young but loved Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    Exactly Marv! My next door neighbor, my Mom and Ms. Edwards would sit on the porch and talk and talk. I don't think at first my Mom knew who Ms. Edwards was, but I did tell her. Ms. Edwards brought me a lot of Motown records [[sadly stolen) and she was bemused that I was so young but loved Motown.
    Well my Mom knew exactly who she was. I am still surprised by all the people my parents knew from back in that era. A lot them use to party together at the same places, etc. Mrs. Edwards, to me was like a Grandmother with a very good heart. One of my fondest memories of her is when she dressed as a clown and walked the entire route in the Hudson's [[Detroit) Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Nice to hear all about Ms Esther Edwards, thanks for sharing. She seemed like a great lady, and an important one in the history of Motown!

I will never ever ever forget the fist time I met Mrs. Edwards. She thought I didn't know who she was so I went along for the ride. She would ask about who I thought at Motown was the favorite among fans and of course I would shyly tell her whom I loved. She would always respond with Hmmm. LOVE HER to lIFE !!!

Very nice stories

People needing people are the luckiest.....