[REMOVE ADS]

I'm coming out - Ross 78 and Sing HDH

alright everyone!!

if you haven't already, you can download the entire A Go Go set and book NOW from iTunes. And [[drum roll!!!)

in the back of the booklet is a full listing of all Sup and DR expanded editions. At the bottom they state

I'm coming out
    Diana Ross - Ross 78
    The Supremes Sing Holland Dozier Holland

so more sets are coming. at some point

YEAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!
    Let the countdown to H-D-H begin!

i'm a little surprised with sing HGH because they included so many of the alt versions already here on A go Go and so i was thinking "hmmm maybe they're doing this cuz Sing HDH probably won't get a green light for an expanded edition so let's cram as much as we can on A Go Go"

but good news!

Great news!!!

That's wonderful news. Lets hope we don't have t wait too long. I sure hope they are both physical releases. I remember "Baby It's me" mentioned in back of one of the expanded releases as coming out as a 2 disc set. I was really sad that did not happen. But the download was beautiful.

downloaded...listening now. had to play Itching mix first.love the new fresh mixes

I'm playing it from the beginning. I've really fallen in love with He's All I Got. So far, I'm stuck there

I think I love the alternate versions of most of the songs better than the original ones. I am loving this set.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    downloaded...listening now. had to play Itching mix first.love the new fresh mixes
    Yes! Different enough to make it worthwhile!

So thankful for everything that has been done to this point. I just can't imagine anything else from Ross 78 but am very curious.

That are great news... but A Go Go Expanded was first mentioned in the Expanded Edition of Funny Girl - about 3 years ago. So I'm not to enthusiastic. Hope both will be released in the near future...
    H-D-H sounds interresting, it would be interresting to know if there are any outtakes from the sessions.

Could anyone sent me Booklet?? Or give me some informations about the following songs:
    - Come On And See Me
    - Can I Get A Witness
    - It's Not Unusual
    - Just A Little Missunderstanding
    - Uptight
    - What becomes of the broken hearted and
    - Blowing in the wind

I would like to know if there are any news in the booklet about versions/mixes of these songs that were planed for the "Some Things You Never Get Used To"-LP. Maybe it is mentioned like:
    "A 1968 Mix for possible inclusion on STYNGUT was released on XXXX"

Thanks
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    So thankful for everything that has been done to this point. I just can't imagine anything else from Ross 78 but am very curious.
    they found a handful of tracks she recorded with the guy who produced Bonnie pointer. sorry his name escapes me . plus I think she did some tracks with HDH and a few others.

As long as Ross 78 and HDH come out on CD I can wait. Thanks for the info.

the A Go Go booklet mentions that many of the unused tracks were planned for the Somethings lp but it doesn't go into any more specifics than that. in the track annotations it simply lists the known recording dates and when/if that song was previously released and with what mix.

they found a handful of tracks she recorded with the guy who produced Bonnie pointer. sorry his name escapes me . plus I think she did some tracks with HDH and a few others.
    david, is that Jeffrey Bowen? I believe he was also married to Bonnie Pointer. He did some work with The Temptations too from 1974-76.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-22-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Hopefully we'll get the entire Copa '67 on the HDH expanded edition.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    the A Go Go booklet mentions that many of the unused tracks were planned for the Somethings lp but it doesn't go into any more specifics than that. in the track annotations it simply lists the known recording dates and when/if that song was previously released and with what mix.
    in the liner notes,... it states 7 songs were going to be used for SOMETHINGS lp that was oborted....it has all info in the booklet

I thought the copa show was not released because Diana was sick during this engagement, I believe she was hoarse

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    david, is that Jeffrey Bowen? I believe he was also married to Bonnie Pointer. He did some work with The Temptations too from 1974-76.
    yes......that's him. she recorded 4-5 tracks ..I think they found them them during BABY ITS ME sessions

and the 90s albums, The Force Behind the power, workin Overtime and Take Me Higher are getting deluxe editions later this year. possibly Very Special Season and Everyday is a New Day
    could be a great year for us Ross fans
    Last edited by daviddh; 04-22-2017 at 10:12 PM.

yes......that's him. she recorded 4-5 tracks ..I think they found them them during BABY ITS ME sessions
    Oh, wow, that's interesting. And great to hear. Thanks david

Hopefully they will find more in the vaults. There can never be enough "new" songs of Diana and the Supremes

I'm a bit aware of the Deluxe Editions of the 90s-album. Do you know who is doing this. Will this be directly from Universal or funkytowngrooves?
    I would rather wait for a lovely-made Expanded Edition of Working Overtime, Take Me Higher, The Force etc. than a rush-edition with only still released material. There maybe not much left in the vaults from that time but enough for nice expanded editions.

in the liner notes,... it states 7 songs were going to be used for SOMETHINGS lp that was oborted....it has all info in the booklet
    Thanks for the info. Too bad that there aren't any more infos about it.
    The 7 songs they planned to release on the Somethings-LP are:
    - Come On And See Me
    - Can I Get A Witness
    - It's Not Unusual
    - Just A Little Missunderstanding
    - Uptight
    - What becomes of the broken hearted and
    - Blowing in the wind

And I thought I read somewhere that a 1968 Remix of Uptight was released on "Motown sings Motown Treasures". So I was wondering if the other 6 songs were remixed in 1968 also. I hoped that there were any infos about that in the booklet.

I think the song Nitty Gritty was going to be on Somethings .....many of the songs I thought were released on Let The Sunshine In.
    thought that there was a thread here on this but from a while ago. ill try and find it
    also the other songs later found there way on Love Child, I think Sunny Boy ,and Honey Bee
    Last edited by daviddh; 04-23-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Some Things ... LP
    Side one
    1. Some Things You Never Get Used To
    2. Heaven Must Have Sent You
    3. He's My Sunny Boy
    4. Come On And See Me
    5. Can I Get A Witness
    6. You've Been Wonderful To Me

Side two
    1. My Guy
    2. It's Not Unusual
    3. Just A Little Misunderstanding
    4. Uptight [[Everything Is Alright)
    5. What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted
    6. Blowin' In The Wind

Oh, wow, that's interesting. And great to hear. Thanks david
    A couple of the Jeffrey Bowen produced tracks were included on the expanded edition of "Diana Ross 1976" . Also, Jeffrey produced Rose Banks' glorious "Rose" album" also released in 1976.

Ivor

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    '
    they found some xtra tracks .left overs from 76-77-78

Quote Originally Posted by Laserdk View Post
    A couple of the Jeffrey Bowen produced tracks were included on the expanded edition of "Diana Ross 1976" . Also, Jeffrey produced Rose Banks' glorious "Rose" album" also released in 1976.

Ivor
    Ah, thanks Ivor, I will have to check those out. Jeffrey Bowen did some great work at Motown.

I remember listening to Rose Banks' Rose album a while back and not being particularly impressed but I don't know what was wrong with me 'cause I'm listening to it now and it's excellent! Love her jazzy version of The Elgins' classic "Darling Baby". Wow, I really love "Brand New Thing", which sounds like it was intended for The Commodores it's so funky! Of course, Jeffrey actually wrote for The Commodores [[the funktastic "I Feel Sanctified"!)

Does anyone know if there are any Rose Banks tracks left in the vaults? Also, I don't believe her Motown LP has been reissued on CD, has it? I would love to hear "Right's Alright" and "I've Got To Make It On My Own" which are not available on YouTube!!!!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-24-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    Some Things ... LP
    Side one
    3. He's My Sunny Boy
    4. Come On And See Me
    5. Can I Get A Witness

Side two
    1. My Guy
    2. It's Not Unusual
    6. Blowin' In The Wind
    Very interesting. Thank you George.

Some Things ... LP
    Side one
    3. He's My Sunny Boy
    4. Come On And See Me
    5. Can I Get A Witness

Side two
    1. My Guy
    2. It's Not Unusual
    6. Blowin' In The Wind
    This is quite an interesting track listing as I don't see another potential single included. The powers that be must have really been confident that STYNGUT would be a big hit, strong enough to sell the entire LP. I definitely understand why this wasn't released, but very interesting...

Ah, thanks Ivor, I will have to check those out. Jeffrey Bowen did some great work at Motown.

I remember listening to Rose Banks' Rose album a while back and not being particularly impressed but I don't know what was wrong with me 'cause I'm listening to it now and it's excellent! Love her jazzy version of The Elgins' classic "Darling Baby". Wow, I really love "Brand New Thing", which sounds like it was intended for The Commodores it's so funky! Of course, Jeffrey actually wrote for The Commodores [[the funktastic "I Feel Sanctified"!)

Does anyone know if there are any Rose Banks tracks left in the vaults? Also, I don't believe her Motown LP has been reissued on CD, has it? I would love to hear "Right's Alright" and "I've Got To Make It On My Own" which are not available on YouTube!!!!
    Hey Tom! "Right's Alright" is my favorite track from the Rose Banks Motown album! And, no, to my knowledge, the album has never been reissued on CD. I'm waiting and watching for that one myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Hey Tom! "Right's Alright" is my favorite track from the Rose Banks Motown album! And, no, to my knowledge, the album has never been reissued on CD. I'm waiting and watching for that one myself!
    You know, Gary, I have some vague memories of hearing "Right's Alright" before and loving it, but I'm not sure how!!!? Maybe it was available on YouTube but it's since been deleted!? Anyway, I'm glad to hear it's your favourite track, Gary! Could you, erm, describe it to me?

You know, Gary, I have some vague memories of hearing "Right's Alright" before and loving it, but I'm not sure how!!!? Maybe it was available on YouTube but it's since been deleted!? Anyway, I'm glad to hear it's your favourite track, Gary! Could you, erm, describe it to me?

You guys made me pull that up for play. I converted for my iPod but haven't played it in some time. I wish it wouldn't appear on cd.

Quote Originally Posted by caliluv View Post
    You guys made me pull that up for play. I converted for my iPod but haven't played it in some time. I wish it wouldn't appear on cd.
    I could describe it to you, Tom, but -- better yet -- have a listen for yourself!

ROSE BANKS - "Right's Alright" [[Motown) [[Posted to YouTube by kameldiscosoulfunk)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSsvh9HNRTs

I love the uptempo shuffle-beat, and the horns are HOT!

[SORRY, I "REPLIED WITH QUOTES" UNDER THE WRONG POST. I WAS TRYING TO REPLY TO TOM]
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 04-25-2017 at 05:17 AM.

I could describe it to you, Tom, but -- better yet -- have a listen for yourself!
    WHAT!? I could have sworn I searched the entirety of YouTube for that song!!!! Oh well! How excellent. Thank you very much Gary, I will have a listen right now.

ROSE BANKS - "Right's Alright" [[Motown) [[Posted to YouTube by kameldiscosoulfunk)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSsvh9HNRTs

I love the uptempo shuffle-beat, and the horns are HOT!
    WOW! I love it! Yes, Gary, that horn section is feisty!!!!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-25-2017 at 08:20 AM.

And here's the surprisingly funky "Whole New Thing"...

...love that Commodores-style synthesiser and there's even a Jackson Five-sounding chant at about 1:15 and 2:30!

Some Things ... LP
    Side one
    3. He's My Sunny Boy
    4. Come On And See Me
    5. Can I Get A Witness

Side two
    1. My Guy
    2. It's Not Unusual
    6. Blowin' In The Wind
    I am so glad this album never happened.

WHAT!? I could have sworn I searched the entirety of YouTube for that song!!!! Oh well! How excellent. Thank you very much Gary, I will have a listen right now.

WOW! I love it! Yes, Gary, that horn section is feisty!!!!
    Rose's album has never been released on CD but deserves to be. The closest it came to getting a CD release was back in the mid '90s when French Motown had it lined up for a CD release in their second batch of intended mid price releases in their "Lucky Sounds" series but, sadly, the second batch of intended releases was cancelled. Oh yes, Rose did record a second album for Motown in 1976, again produced by Jeffrey Bowen, that was canned so this would make a nice addition to an expanded CD release of the first album don't you think?

Ivor

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I am so glad this album never happened.
    agreed. lackluster track listing,imo.'although I am surprised some didn't find there way on Reflections lp

agreed. lackluster track listing,imo.'although I am surprised some didn't find there way on Reflections lp
    I think by 1968 most of those potential tracks had a dated Motown sound. Thankfully Love Child was put together instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserdk View Post
    Rose's album has never been released on CD but deserves to be. The closest it came to getting a CD release was back in the mid '90s when French Motown had it lined up for a CD release in their second batch of intended mid price releases in their "Lucky Sounds" series but, sadly, the second batch of intended releases was cancelled. Oh yes, Rose did record a second album for Motown in 1976, again produced by Jeffrey Bowen, that was canned so this would make a nice addition to an expanded CD release of the first album don't you think?

Ivor
    Oh, that's a shame. Rose's album came close to a CD reissue so hopefully that shows there is a chance for one in the near future. I'll have to check out that "Lucky Sounds" series too.

And I'm so glad to hear that Rose recorded another album for Motown! You're right, Ivor, it would make for an excellent expanded CD release with lots of previously unreleased bonus tracks!! Thanks for the info, Ivor.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I think by 1968 most of those potential tracks had a dated Motown sound. Thankfully Love Child was put together instead.
    Agree 100%