[REMOVE ADS]

A Go Go on iTunes Now

And the remix of LILAIIMH is unbelievable!!!

Entire 2-disc available.

Holy crap!!! Flo is completely audible in the mixes! Andy and George have hit this OUT THE PARK.

I! Can! Not! Wait!

And something very awesome is teased on the back cover of the booklet.

DUH! So excited I forgot...
    The link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/th...n/id1226784307

And one may also listen to the entire set on Spotify.

"Honey, if that ain't enough, that's too bad" should be the motto of all these delightful reissues when anyone complains about them. Thanks, Flo.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    And one may also listen to the entire set on Spotify.
    Excellent! I've ordered but while waiting for my very own copy I'll listen on Spotify this evening - thanks!

This is a time I don't mind spending extra to get both digital and CD, I'm more than happy to support future Supremes releases. Plus, I'm too anxious to wait a week [[plus delivery time to Canada which is usually at least another week, thanks Amazon!). I want to hear them NOW, I'm impatient so sue me!

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    I want to hear them NOW, I'm impatient so sue me!
    Guilty as charged!!!

the Amazon listing seems to be a confusion between the Expanded and the regular CD ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    the Amazon listing seems to be a confusion between the Expanded and the regular CD ..
    Not sure what you mean. Its the same track listing on Amazon as iTunes. Don't forget the "regular CD" is included as tracks 13-24 on the reissue.

I don't think it is on iTunes in the UK yet, sadly! Luckily you can still listen to previews on Amazon.com

I was just listening to "Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart" from the original [[non-expanded) edition of Supremes A Go Go on iTunes and I can't believe how good it sounds. I don't know what version I have but it's missing that sassy, jazzy horn section!!!?

WOW... I love this song so much more than I already did [[which was a lot)

What's different about the stereo mix on A Go Go expanded?
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-22-2017 at 03:56 AM.

love the new mixes......the way the were supposed to sound. some of the original mixes sound watered down ,......now they sound like they should have. great mixs Kevin Reeves

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post

What's different about the stereo mix on A Go Go expanded?
    I can't hear a major difference on the mono or stereo mixes. Where there is a difference is the pounding bass. It is OUTRAGEOUSLY more bass than anything before, esp. the 1993 issue, which is the original stereo release.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    love the new mixes......the way the were supposed to sound. some of the original mixes sound watered down ,......now they sound like they should have. great mixs Kevin Reeves
    Kevin Reeves...what an over-the-top outstanding job. I was shocked to hear the horn section on the alt mix of Get Ready. It literally sounds 3D on my Boston Acoustic speakers. I am amazed at what these guys are able to accomplish on release after release.

All of the tracks are up on Youtube now too:

Here they really turn up Florence and Mary as I knew they would................ The Super Remix! [[PS, be sure to check out the ending!)

Last edited by marv2; 04-22-2017 at 06:42 PM.

None of the videos will play in the UK unless you have internet address blocker running

So excited that after over 50 years [[because I sold traded my mono album for the stereo version in 1967), I get to hear those wonderful tag lines Diana sings while the bass clearly plays underneath her voice beginning at 2:23. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxsHIv84YtE

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Here they really turn up Florence and Mary as I knew would................ The Super Remix! [[PS, be sure to check out the ending!)

"Honey if that ain't enough, that's too bad". LOVE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I can't hear a major difference on the mono or stereo mixes. Where there is a difference is the pounding bass. It is OUTRAGEOUSLY more bass than anything before, esp. the 1993 issue, which is the original stereo release.
    Ah I see! Thank you thanxal

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    None of the videos will play in the UK unless you have internet address blocker running
    Yes, sadly they are all blocked!

But what is "internet address blocker"...? And it makes the videos work?!

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    I hate that when that happens here too.

For those who can't view YT content in their country, try the ProxFlow plugin: -

http://www.proxflow.com/?lang=en

Working fine for me with Chrome on the above videos.

Cheers

Paul

I honestly have no words to express how amazing this set is. Words literally fail me. Everyone responsible for this set have completely blown away every single expectation I had for "A Go-Go".

I'm a huge fan of hearing studio chatter and love non-faded song endings, and they delivered in spades. "1! 7! 8! 9! 3!" For some reason I found that bit of studio talk tickled me the most, I don't know why.

I am having such a difficult time deciding what's my favourite here. The two remixes of "Itching" are terrific. [[In fact, the SupreMix sounds like something that I would have created, it has that kind of feel to me, and I absolutely love it). And moreover, kudos for bumping up the backing vocals in the mix, Mary and Flo have never been more loud and clear, and for that I thank you profusely.

And thanks for the tease about Ross and Sing H-D-H. If they are put together with as much love and attention as A Go-Go has been, we have absolutely nothing to worry about. Truthfully I don't know how to thank you guys for such an epic deluxe edition. Three cheers and a pat on the back oughta do it!

DJ Moch

Wow ... I'm actually getting a little teary eyed reading these. You are very welcome and THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    Wow ... I'm actually getting a little teary eyed reading these. You are very welcome and THANK YOU!
    George, we are eternally grateful. This has exceeded all my expectations. And I had high expectations given the quality of previous releases. THANK YOU!

Which cover did they use? The one above or the one on Facebook Expanded? In other words, the original blue?

the original blue artwork is used.
    I had to play Itching in my heart ..first.love it. think I have played it since I downloaded it. fell asleep with my ipod on.
    I also like the new mixes especially What The World Needs Now Is love and Misery makes it Home In My Heart. but I have always liked these. the new What The World seems more full ....lovin it. the original lways sounded like a demo to me but now these new mixes sound like they should have always sounded.
    this lp was never a favorite of mine , it always sounded uneven but with the new mixes , it sounds like the dance album it was meant to be.
    some of the out takes are really nice. In My Lonely Room has always been a fav.

my only complaint was I wanted a new mix on Baby I Need Your Lovin.......
    maybe another time or cd but not sure which version I like better ,..mono or stereo but I think .....stereo

Thank you David.

the original blue artwork is used.
    I had to play Itching in my heart ..first.love it. think I have played it since I downloaded it. fell asleep with my ipod on.
    I also like the new mixes especially What The World Needs Now Is love and Misery makes it Home In My Heart. but I have always liked these. the new What The World seems more full ....lovin it. the original lways sounded like a demo to me but now these new mixes sound like they should have always sounded.
    this lp was never a favorite of mine , it always sounded uneven but with the new mixes , it sounds like the dance album it was meant to be.
    some of the out takes are really nice. In My Lonely Room has always been a fav.

I could never get an answer on that until now and never saw the one they're using on amazon and so forth. It looks like a child's color by numbers especially at the bottom. Many of us appreciate the original artwork as much as the music and, of course, Andy & George know this and always do phenomenal work. I couldn't help but listen to Itchin' SupreMix...WOW!! Get that on radio now and see what happens. Awesome.

I have seen green in the past but I was curious as to if that was the difference between stereo and mono versions. the booklet is really nice and I love the TIMELINE....lots of cool info. btw, for some fans according to the liner notes no versions of Boots with Florence on lead has ever been found.

Another home run and I'm happy to buy it twice - digital and CD! Thank you SO much! I hope there's a radio show with Midnight Johnny to promote it coming up soon...

Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post
    Which cover did they use? The one above or the one on Facebook Expanded? In other words, the original blue?
    after revisiting the booklet, both the green and blue are used as long as other photos never seen b4. sorry if I gave the wrong info. I suppose I will see the final concept when the cd comes

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    Another home run and I'm happy to buy it twice - digital and CD! Thank you SO much! I hope there's a radio show with Midnight Johnny to promote it coming up soon...
    May2, 9-12M ET on "Nightflight", on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown, webcasting at www.womr.org..

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    May2, 9-12M ET on "Nightflight", on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown, webcasting at www.womr.org..
    Thanks for the heads up on this.

The Super Remix! [[PS, be sure to check out the ending!)
    Yes! I couldn't resist checking out the 2 mixes of "Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart" on youtube. But I'm excitingly saving the rest for when the actual CD arrives at my doorstep! Those endings are so funny! The "Scratch Mix" ending is funny cuz it sounds like Diana Ross is throwing shade when they start doing the background vocals at the end! Haha, but then the very end of the "SupreMix" is even more funny and at the same time brings a tear to my eyes hearing Florence's quick wit and sense of humour coming out as usual [[yeah, the tears come from knowing she's been gone for so long, but being so grateful when we get to hear "new" stuff from them after all these years.) I'm so happy we're getting more releases again!
    Last edited by Buttered Popcorn and so forth; 04-24-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttered Popcorn and so forth View Post
    Yes! I couldn't resist checking out the 2 mixes of "Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart" on youtube. But I'm excitingly saving the rest for when the actual CD arrives at my doorstep! Those endings are so funny! The "Scratch Mix" ending is funny cuz it sounds like Diana Ross is throwing shade when they start doing the background vocals at the end! Haha, but then the very end of the "SupreMix" is even more funny and at the same time brings a tear to my eyes hearing Florence's quick wit and sense of humour coming out as usual [[yeah, the tears come from knowing she's been gone for so long, but being so grateful when we get to hear "new" stuff from them after all these years.) I'm so happy we're getting more releases again!
    I was taken aback by all the Flo on Disc 2. It is a truly fitting way to remember her, with wit and humor.

Go Go cover.

after revisiting the booklet, both the green and blue are used as long as other photos never seen b4. sorry if I gave the wrong info. I suppose I will see the final concept when the cd comes
    It's ok David. Thought maybe someone who downloaded the booklet would know. I can wait a few more days, just curious as I never saw this other one before.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I was taken aback by all the Flo on Disc 2. It is a truly fitting way to remember her, with wit and humor.
    totally agree. made me laugh. what great harmonies they had. I think the BIZ separated them. to bad , they were so damn good together glad we get these to remember them by.

Here they really turn up Florence and Mary as I knew they would................ The Super Remix! [[PS, be sure to check out the ending!)

Does anyone else feel like they die and go to heaven every time the song hits that 5:09 mark?

I do, and I'm not even religious
    LOL