[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Diana's engagement at City Center starts tonight! I'll be on the lookout for reviews, YT posts, etc. and post what I find. I saw Aretha at City Center during the 'United Together' era and loved the theatre; it will be great for Diana and her fans -

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Okay, normally I would delete this thread, but I'm going to leave this up for a while so some of you can reflect on your bullshit behavior. Perhaps read Nitro2015's post for a peek at sanity. Those of you that like to roil the waters here take note. You're on thin ice with me. I really don't like banning members, but I've done it before.

Thank you dear Ralph.

I love this forum, and just look past the posts that I'm not interested in. I don't care who bickers or why, it's a forum that provides a lot of great info and I'm grateful for it, warts and all. I think those who wish to discuss Diana's issues, if they engage, is pertinent to them, so I just skip it and don't judge. I've learned a lot here and always appreciate it.

I've met/known/befriended every living Supreme except Diana, and all have been nice and kind. Most of my interactions have been with Mary & Cindy, and both are the first to admit that they are not perfect, just like everyone else. Both have regrets. Both have many, many warm memories - they are just people like you and me. Of course, Cindy no longer communicates, but Mary is quite free with her thoughts and thinks the haters of any Supreme online are nuts. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I love this forum, and just look past the posts that I'm not interested in. I don't care who bickers or why, it's a forum that provides a lot of great info and I'm grateful for it, warts and all. I think those who wish to discuss Diana's issues, if they engage, is pertinent to them, so I just skip it and don't judge. I've learned a lot here and always appreciate it.

I've met/known/befriended every living Supreme except Diana, and all have been nice and kind. Most of my interactions have been with Mary & Cindy, and both are the first to admit that they are not perfect, just like everyone else. Both have regrets. Both have many, many warm memories - they are just people like you and me. Of course, Cindy no longer communicates, but Mary is quite free with her thoughts and thinks the haters of any Supreme online are nuts. LOL
    I've heard that about Mary. I hope Cindy is being cared for; she is in my thoughts. Best to you and congratulations on your 'Supreme relationships' !

Thanks Ralph for again stating civility is what this forum is all about. I haven't posted in a while but with A Go Go coming out and this 5 night engagement in my city [[ I will attending Wednesday night) I wanted to rejoin some of the music-centric posters on SDF to share Motown related news. I will simply ignore the crazy posters and stick to the music.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I've met/known/befriended every living Supreme except Diana, and all have been nice and kind.
    I really envy you, my friend. I would have loved to have been lucky enough to meet any of them. They look like wonderful women and should be proud of the accomplishments they have made to the world of popular music and glamour and everything else.

Good to see you dba. I keep trying to keep the house clean.

Thanks Ralph!

Quote Originally Posted by dba View Post
    Thanks Ralph for again stating civility is what this forum is all about. I haven't posted in a while but with A Go Go coming out and this 5 night engagement in my city [[ I will attending Wednesday night) I wanted to rejoin some of the music-centric posters on SDF to share Motown related news. I will simply ignore the crazy posters and stick to the music.
    Be SURE to let us know about the show!

I love the forum and encourage Mr. Ralph to keep it going. If there is any other forum on the net that is this great about Motown, I know nothing of it. As I said in another thread, we can't control other people, only ourselves, so it's good to use the good sense God gave us and avoid certain traps. I allowed myself to be sucked into two RTL discussions that my good sense knew would end up the way that they did. I'll try not to make that mistake any longer. The problem is that, while everyone who joins the group certainly has a right to post in any thread they wish, one has to question how a thread titled "Diana Ross NYC Engagement Nearly Sold Out" would even attract someone who claims they don't care for Diana Ross. So what happens is that those of us who wish to talk Diana and whatever goodness she is up to these days now has to be bombarded by this very strange contingent who suddenly appear to take the thread into a nasty direction. And it's not just the anti Diana crowd. I see Diana Ross' name invoked in threads about other Motown ladies, usually as an unfavorable comparison in favor of Ross rather the other Motown lady, in what I view as an attempt to derail the thread into another Ross fight. So with these two different groups invading threads, a "safe" thread really is no longer an option. But like I said, I can only control myself. I'll move on to something else when the psychos enter the room so as not to become part of the problem.

I'll do what I can to keep the psychos at bay RanRan.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I'll do what I can to keep the psychos at bay RanRan.
    I appreciate that Mr. Ralph. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I love the forum and encourage Mr. Ralph to keep it going. If there is any other forum on the net that is this great about Motown, I know nothing of it. As I said in another thread, we can't control other people, only ourselves, so it's good to use the good sense God gave us and avoid certain traps. I allowed myself to be sucked into two RTL discussions that my good sense knew would end up the way that they did. I'll try not to make that mistake any longer. The problem is that, while everyone who joins the group certainly has a right to post in any thread they wish, one has to question how a thread titled "Diana Ross NYC Engagement Nearly Sold Out" would even attract someone who claims they don't care for Diana Ross. So what happens is that those of us who wish to talk Diana and whatever goodness she is up to these days now has to be bombarded by this very strange contingent who suddenly appear to take the thread into a nasty direction. And it's not just the anti Diana crowd. I see Diana Ross' name invoked in threads about other Motown ladies, usually as an unfavorable comparison in favor of Ross rather the other Motown lady, in what I view as an attempt to derail the thread into another Ross fight. So with these two different groups invading threads, a "safe" thread really is no longer an option. But like I said, I can only control myself. I'll move on to something else when the psychos enter the room so as not to become part of the problem.
    Thank you RanRan79. I agree with everything you said. And I will follow your advice. I also truly enjoy this forum and would never want it to end. I usually try not to get involved either but sometimes I get drawn in.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Thank you RanRan79. I agree with everything you said. And I will follow your advice. I also truly enjoy this forum and would never want it to end. I usually try not to get involved either but sometimes I get drawn in.
    I hope we're both able to stick to it Vgalindo. Sometimes it's hard not being drawn in but it's best not to give anyone that kind of power.

... so move on over to JRob's post 'Diana Ross in New York' for a rave Rave RAVE review of the opening night show!

For those of you that are in NYC and haven't bought a ticket yet, there are about 30 seats left for tonite's performance. Great word of mouth on the show. Can't wait to see it tonight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dba View Post
    For those of you that are in NYC and haven't bought a ticket yet, there are about 30 seats left for tonite's performance. Great word of mouth on the show. Can't wait to see it tonight!!!
    Cool - have a great time!

It's official - the first three nights were completely sold out!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    It's official - the first three nights were completely sold out!
    So heartwarming.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro2015 View Post
    So heartwarming.

Absolutely - the genuine love for Diana and the joy per performances spread is, as you say, heartwarming! A talent for the ages, Our Miss Ross is.

The Supremes were hot stuff back in the day and they are still hot stuff, together and apart. It's so great to know that some of the legends of Motown are still doing it as well as they are and that they are being as well received as they are. And the love for Diana Ross in this clip is the result of decades of music magic. The woman is phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    It really is sad that there are these so called Supremes fans that hate the lead singer. That is really weird to me. They are so upset that back ground singe Mary Wilson never had a successful solo career so they hate on Diana Ross! I really do feel sorry for them. I guess it makes them feel better to put down and talk bad about Diana. But history does not take away her great solo career.
    It is indeed sad and weird. I've managed to bypass their comments by adding them to my 'ignore' list. Anyhoo - and a great [[indeed, historic!) career Diana Ross has and continues to have, as currently proven by the excitement over the release of the 'A' Go-Go' album and the sellout crowds at Manhattan's City Center!

According to City Center's website there are 3 [[as in: THREE!) balcony tickets left for this last night of Diana's phenomenal hit run at NY's historic City Center; reseller StubHub has 12 tickets ranging in price from $299 to $699. This gig has been a wonderful experience for nearly 12,000 fans and yet another feather in Miss Ross' boa!

There was a huge Billboard ad in 1976 saying New York Loves Diana!

41 years later it is still true

Diana Ross looking fit and GORGEOUS. You can tell she lost a lot of weight. I'm happy she's taking good care of herself. This hair reminds me of her 1994 Forever Diana Tour.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...k-concert.html

Name:  3FCCCCAF00000578-4462434-image-m-63_1493640328093.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  40.3 KBName:  3FCCCC5800000578-4462434-image-a-60_1493640306868.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  76.1 KBName:  3FCCCE6E00000578-4462434-image-m-73_1493640408930.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  39.8 KBName:  3FCDF79000000578-4462434-Singing_her_heart_out_Diana_dazzled_as_she_belted_out_her_greate-a-2_14.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  68.9 KBName:  3FCDF95000000578-4462434-Turning_heads_Diana_dazzled_in_her_glamorous_batwing_sleeve_gown-a-8_14.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  94.5 KBName:  3FCCCDB500000578-4462434-image-a-53_1493640186508.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  79.0 KB

Wow wow wow ... These pics are crazy gorgeous, and Diana has indeed slimmed down again. What a glorious, beautiful, joy-giving woman! And the voice is still superb.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Wow wow wow ... These pics are crazy gorgeous, and Diana has indeed slimmed down again. What a glorious, beautiful, joy-giving woman! And the voice is still superb.
    Yes!! It's amazing how much she rejuvenates when she loses weight. That exuberant beauty is still there. When I saw these photos, it seemed like I was seeing Diana from 1994 or 2004 [[when she was super slim) again !!! I was stunned.

It's funny how weight can change a person's appearance. The beauty of Diana comes all over when she slims, it makes a drastic difference.

But, more important than that, it is a pleasure to see her happy, healthy and in good vocal form.

Name:  3FCDF6AD00000578-4462434-image-a-7_1493643048981.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  31.8 KBName:  3FCDF93600000578-4462434-image-a-96_1493640671569.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  40.5 KBName:  3FCDF6D100000578-4462434-image-a-86_1493640606140.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  82.1 KB
    Last edited by Nitro2015; 05-01-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Wow she looks amazing. She is so beautiful. Forever Diana!