[REMOVE ADS]

honest man Guest

Stevie Wonder - Se tu ragazzo mio [[1969) Sanremo

Hello lovely people anyone know about this in english lyrics and how it came about and lastly is there https://youtu.be/0YKlxp2qIcka studio version,cheers.

In answer to your question whether the recording has been previously released or not I hope the following info taken from "Don't Forget The Motor City" [[DFTMC) website will be useful:

"Se Tu Ragazza Mia" [[V. Ferri-Gabriella Ferri-P. Pintutci)

Stevie Wonder; recorded Hitsville-GW, completed 05-Jan-69 ; produced by Henry Cosby ; [Italian lyrics]

1969; 45 [[M): Tamla Motown TM8043 A [Italy]
    12-Oct-05; [[M): UMC Digital Release The Complete Stevie Wonder
    26-Feb-10; CD [[S): Hip-O Select B0013917-02 Motown Around The World - The Classic Singles And More

From the booklet accompanying the later Double CD set of "Motown Around The World" issued by Hip-O-Select we're told that the band track was recorded on December 30 1968 with horns and strings added the following day. Stevie's vocals were recorded on 5 January 1969. The song was recorded in Italian only and not translated into English. The title translates as "If You Were My Girl". The 'B" side was "Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Da Day" sung in English.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by motownjohnny View Post
    In answer to your question whether the recording has been previously released or not I hope the following info taken from "Don't Forget The Motor City" [[DFTMC) website will be useful:

"Se Tu Ragazza Mia" [[V. Ferri-Gabriella Ferri-P. Pintutci)

Stevie Wonder; recorded Hitsville-GW, completed 05-Jan-69 ; produced by Henry Cosby ; [Italian lyrics]

1969; 45 [[M): Tamla Motown TM8043 A [Italy]
    12-Oct-05; [[M): UMC Digital Release The Complete Stevie Wonder
    26-Feb-10; CD [[S): Hip-O Select B0013917-02 Motown Around The World - The Classic Singles And More

From the booklet accompanying the later Double CD set of "Motown Around The World" issued by Hip-O-Select we're told that the band track was recorded on December 30 1968 with horns and strings added the following day. Stevie's vocals were recorded on 5 January 1969. The song was recorded in Italian only and not translated into English. The title translates as "If You Were My Girl". The 'B" side was "Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Da Day" sung in English.
    Well Thank you for the info ,i have had it on Hipo cd for years doubt if i ever played the set as i also had earlier version of cd i must have overlooked this song with all foreign titles, will drag it out later,thanks again.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Thanks John Xtown save me the effort to drag cd out,cheers reliable friend.

honest man Guest
    Lovely song along with Tempts Bluebird-DRATS moonlight kisses-Thank you darling love these 4 songs wished they had done English versions as well[am i ever satisfied ha], don't answer, cheers

Sing it Stevie!!!! Stevie is the greatest. In another language he still convinces you.

A lot of the visiting US acts that appeared on the San Remo song contests thru the 60's had their contest songs released in Italy at the time. I have an Italian 45 by Wilson Pickett that features his San Remo songs. My copy is on Italian label RIFI
    .... this is the same track as released in Spain, etc ...
    Attachment 12849
    Last edited by jsmith; 04-27-2017 at 05:27 AM.

Another great song by The Wicked Pickett. I love the song "Deborah" where he sings in Italian.