[REMOVE ADS]

Temptations: 'Five Classic Albums' release

Dusty Groove has this item added to their first page; I have not looked up to see if it is a 'new' release. These 'Five Classic Albums' are bare-bones editions but at a nice entry-level price. A great way to fill out our collections!

https://www.dustygroove.com/item/834295

If you click on the link below you can see what you get with this release. The 5 classic albums series from Spectrum UK are excellent value. There's also a Jackson 5 set and a Motown Chartbusters set. That said, the Dusty Groove price seems steep - HMV [[UK) sell it for £9.99 which is approx $12.51

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cookep...57682322604345
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 04-14-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    If you click on the link below you can see what you get with this release. The 5 classic albums series from Spectrum UK are excellent value. There's also a Jackson 5 set and a Motown Chartbusters set.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cookep...57682322604345
    Great visualization; thanks!

the three so far - and I can't wait for the next set [[wonder what it will be?).Name:  5 classic albums composite.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  109.3 KB
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 04-14-2017 at 11:01 AM.

I checked out the link and saw a cd I'd never expected to see: Impact. Impact, of course, featured Damon Harris. There's another group member who reminds me of David Ruffin.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    I checked out the link and saw a cd I'd never expected to see: Impact. Impact, of course, featured Damon Harris. There's another group member who reminds me of David Ruffin.
    Gary, I must thank you for mentioning that because it has set me off on an Impact-listening spree! I can't believe I hadn't checked out Damon Harris' pre and post-Temptations work before. He's such a great singer, and Impact are such a great group! Also, I believe the guy who looks and sounds like David Ruffin is Donald Tilghman.

[[When I read that they had a singer that sang like David Ruffin I rushed to see what he sounded like, and, well, David is still unparalleled! Donald is nevertheless a great singer, of course )

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Gary, I must thank you for mentioning that because it has set me off on an Impact-listening spree! I can't believe I hadn't checked out Damon Harris' pre and post-Temptations work before. He's such a great singer, and Impact are such a great group! Also, I believe the guy who looks and sounds like David Ruffin is Donald Tilghman.

[[When I read that they had a singer that sang like David Ruffin I rushed to see what he sounded like, and, well, David is still unparalleled! Donald is nevertheless a great singer, of course )
    When I mentioned a member of the group reminded me of David Ruffin, I was referring to his look, specifically his hairstyle and glasses.

By the way, the Young Vandals stuff is on YouTube.

Had not heard of this release. I know the concept and have the 5 CD sets by Dionne, Margie Joseph, Bette Midler, Shirley Bassey, and a number of others, but I did not know any Motown artists had received this treatment. As much a fan of the Temps as I have always been, I only have greatest hits collections by them, so I am hoping that they had some album tracks I will like. Thanks also for the price comparison idea as opposed to just buying it from Dusty Groove.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    When I mentioned a member of the group reminded me of David Ruffin, I was referring to his look, specifically his hairstyle and glasses.

By the way, the Young Vandals stuff is on YouTube.
    Yea, he does look quite like him. And yeah, I checked out the group's songs before they became Impact [[before Damon joined The Tempts) and it's really nice. Here's their [[excellent) version of "Too Busy Thinking About My Baby" [[a song I have been singing to myself all day today... )