[REMOVE ADS]

J. Geils, who sang 'Centerfold,' dies at age 71

Another huge lost in terms of talent and creator of great music. J. Geils of the J. Geils band has passed:

http://www.toledoblade.com/Deaths/20...at-age-71.html

This is the one that put him over REAL big in Detroit in the early 80s..."Flamethrower"

"Centerfold" was my jam in 6th grade. RIP.

I loved this group [[J Geils Band) from the beginning, their live album was a favorite that introduced me to two fantastic songs : Looking For A Love" and "First I look At The Purse.
    RIP J.Geils.

The headline writer didn't do his homework. Peter Wolf sang "Centerfold", "Love Stinks", and,"Freeze Frame" when the band was at its most popular period. J. Geils was an excellent blues guitarist who created the band. My condolences extend to his family and loved ones.

Thanks for sharing this news. I am primarily a soul and blues fan, as I suppose most of us on here are, but there have been a few rock-oriented groups that really appealed to me and the J Geils Band was definitely one of them. "Looking for a Love" was an awesome song!