[REMOVE ADS]

Mary wilson 3/25/2017 interview

An interview with Mary, with some new info. She talks about her abusive marriage, the death of her son, why she still uses the Supremes’ name in her billing, that she and Diana have basically gone their separate ways but that there is no malice towards either, no one special in her life, and is pushed into talking about her affair and current relationship with Tom Jones

I was annoyed during most of this interview. The interviewer didn't seem to pay as great attention to researching as I expect an interviewer to do. I also hate these phone in interviews, mostly because the person calling in doesn't seem to always hear and understand what's being asked of them. I thought his approach to the question about the death of her son lacked a certain amount of tact that left me highly uncomfortable. And the constant scratching was distracting.

But I was glad to learn that she and Diana do indeed keep in touch, even if they aren't going out on the town anymore. And Mary's attitude about moving on is A+. She really seems like she's attained that wisdom that is supposed to come with getting older but not everyone seems to get.

A superb interview; basically, most about life rather than gossip. A very sad part about her son and how tragic that is. A great part about her children being most important - because they always for all of us that have them. Smart part about Motown - and how they could have made more but Motown wasn't any different than any other company financially and Motown gave them a lot that other companies would not have; Good reality about the Supremes, her and Diana have moved on but they loved and were like sisters.

Good job Milven.

In response to Ran Ran, I did think the interviewer had a lot of balls and was fairly aggressive.

I loved, most of all, Mary's response to his Tom Jones questions - lots of us did things in our 20's that weren't our best moves.

He was understandably aggressive. He is a New Yorker, a Long Islander! This interview was posted previously here.

Yes. Saw before. Excellent interview. I think he was direct and knowedegable and asked what fans wonder too. Mary is so kind about Diana considering how Diana blows her off which I think is a real heartache for her, as she has said it would mean so much to her to make peace. But she seems to be accepting it.

Really interesting interview. I thought the interviewer was respectful of Mary but didn't shy away from asking the 'difficult' questions. I really admired the candour with which Mary responded.

I strongly doubt Diana sends her a Christmas card. If she did, Mary would be showing to anyone who would watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    I strongly doubt Diana sends her a Christmas card. If she did, Mary would be showing to anyone who would watch.
    This is how fights on this board start. Everyone is bring respectful then that one person has so say some comment that isn't needed. If you can't say anything nice, then keep your lips shut

I basically understood Mary to say they went their separate ways years ago and have little contact. I also thought she was saying they are content and at peace.

It's just if some people want a reunion ala RTL - if that's what one needs for peace, there is none