[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes from Broadway to Hollywood: Fancy Passes, What Now ... WHY??

Hi,
    in the booklet to There's A Place For Us it's written that "What Now My Love" and "Fancy Passes Version 2" were schedulded for release on "From Broadway To Hollywood".
    But I wonder why, I didn't find any infos that both songs were movie- or musical-songs? [[What now my love was only used in a movie in the 70s).
    Fancy Passes is very muscial-like, but is that enough to be part of an album with only songs from musicals and films?

Does anyone has more infos about that. Was Fancy Passes planned for a musical or was What now my love in a movie at the time???

Thanks
    Ben

I think FP was simply a Motown original done in an attempt to fit a style of music the first version was planned for the Tribute to the Girls concept. It sort of sounds like a show tune so could face fit here. This would have given album royalties to Jobete and Motown writers versus everything on the lp going to outside. Sort of like how the girls did a few Motown covers on Liverpool