[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes Reflections Mono LP

Hi everyone,
    after a long "writing"pause I thought it would time to write a question/request.

I'm a Fan of the Diana Ross & The Supremes Reflections LP and read here on the forum that the Mono-LP has different versions than the Stereo-LP so I bought a Mono-LP from England and tried to ripp them to my computer.
    I did it and the result was dreadful, a lot of vinyl noise. I reduce the noise but than the sound of the rip didn't sound like it should be, now there a lot of sound differences between words etc.

Now I would like to know if anyone knows if the mono-version of Reflections are available on a CD [[Maybe a mistake on a reissued CD or so).
    Or maybe if somone has the Mono-Versions in a good quality and likes to share, trade it with me

Ben

Some of those mono versions are avaiable. For example, my favourite was Then..far longer in mono. You can get it on this album

https://www.discogs.com/Diana-Ross-T...release/414579

I'm no expert on mono vs single mixes on this album - I don't know whether the mono mixes on the album were any different to mono mixes found anywhere else but there are 4 obvious mono choices in The Complete Motown Singles releases - being the 4 sides that made it onto a single A or B side. For example "What The World Needs Now Is Love" is on TCMS volume 8 so you may already have that.

For a cheaper option, the 3 tracks that made it to A side can be found on the Ultimate Collection in mono. 31453-0827-2 The Ultimate Collection.

It's always worth taking a look at DFTMC where you can get an idea as to which albums stereo and mono version were released on.
    http://www.dftmc.info/artists/asupremes.htm

And if the worst comes to the worst - you've only got several years to wait for a Reflections Expanded set which would contain both mono and stereo versions of the album.

Why not enjoy it as it is and play it on your turntable?

Thanks for the infos. I just bought the two CDs and will check them. Maybe I find all the tracks in mono on various compilations

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Why not enjoy it as it is and play it on your turntable?
    Kind of hard to play records in the car.

Yeah, that's the fact. Want to hear it in the car