[REMOVE ADS]

Record Company Silver CD's

I was not sure where to ask or where to post this question but I figured someone here might know the answer to this question. Is the general public able to get a hold of the silver CD's? Or is it a coating they put on the CD's to protect them?

I've never had a problem getting hold of silver CDs - just have to shop around [[da da). In fact, I will only buy silver ones [[as opposed to any that are blue in colour for example). You can get them with a printable label face and so print directly onto the CD with a suitable printer [[Canon have done them but so have others and still do I think - generally they use a special printing tray and come with software for composing labels with. I also believe that you can get them with 2 silver sides for a light scribe CD writer [[not sure whether that ever took off).

Can anyone tell me if these "silver" cd's would be a good buy?

https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-High-Qu...lver+blank+cds

What are silver CDs?

Like the ones they use to make albums

Oh right! Interesting. Thank you aaron. Can I ask what you could/would do with them?

You would burn your own CDs that look like factory pressed since they don't have a blue surface.

[QUOTE=aarondillon2011@gmail.com;384951]Can anyone tell me if these "silver" cd's would be a good buy?

They look OK but have 2 silver sides apparently so it would be hard to tell which side was which. If you can live with that and intend to use your own printed sticky labels then fine. Alternatively you could look for some silver discs that have a printable white surface [[not all white surfaces are ink jet printable but once again if you are using stick on labels that might not matter.