[REMOVE ADS]

In another thread we spoke about her and I predicted this would happen, I wish Miss Hill [[as
    she likes to be called) a lot of success. However she is the typical pattern of a lot of money, a bad relationship and trying to so called find herself and her purpose. She must be loaded because she wouldnt be late constantly and not giving the fans what they want. Lauryn please come back to your senses! Her track record of hits is not long enough for her to be creative yet.

She aint gonna keep selling out venues with this behavior.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    In another thread we spoke about her and I predicted this would happen, I wish Miss Hill [[as
    she likes to be called) a lot of success. However she is the typical pattern of a lot of money, a bad relationship and trying to so called find herself and her purpose. She must be loaded because she wouldnt be late constantly and not giving the fans what they want. Lauryn please come back to your senses! Her track record of hits is not long enough for her to be creative yet.
    I remember you saying those exact words - her problem is simple - drugged out - off the chain drunk = wanna be DIVA. She has always been difficult and npw has to work to surport herself, loser husband and all those children. She lost her condo in an exclusive Miami Tower - it got foreclosed - she is hurting for money and the voice is not what it once was, But the attitude, is worse.

Sounds like she needs help-NOW. Hopefully not years later ala Whitney.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Sounds like she needs help-NOW. Hopefully not years later ala Whitney.
    She needed help years ago - that is why she left the road in the first place. What a shame and waste of talent.

She was ALWAYS very difficult, and believes that she is indeed worth it. Someone needs to remind her that she is only singing a song - and perhaps will not regain the star she was held in her hand.

Topdiva I didnt know Miss Hill was broke. Didnt she make a lot of money off of the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill? I thought she took all of that time off because she could afford to.
    I DO feel sorry for her..whats the skinny? Did she lose money taking care of all of those children or did Marley get a hold of her money? Im not a big fan of hers but I do like Doo Wop that Thing and some of Fugees material. Always heard she was of the diva persuasion though.

topdiva1 Guest
    ^ Girl the "MISSEDUCATION" album was many years ago - everything going out and nothing really coming in ends one day. Yes - she is of the I AM A GRAND DIVA school of thought.

Shes not a diva in the usual sense of the word..its not about Limos and jewels for her..she gave up her career because she hated the whole promotion thing she dosent like being photographed,having to wear make up,going to awards she hates playing that whole bag..she thinks its phoney so she dropped out of the game releasing one unplugged album which showed she only could structure basic guitar chords but it had a few stand out songs "Mr Intertentinol" and "Adam Lives in Theory"..the critics tore the set apart and she went further into her self imposed bubble picking up a dodgy spiritual guru on the way...shes someone not be messed with...shes a deep thinker into politics and conspiracy theories she detests the values of the modern world and corporate buisness hence her non existent relationship with Sony - she just walked out on her contract and that was it..
    ..I will tell you one thing about Lauryn that people dont know - shes a survivor of domestic abuse - while in New Zealand in 1997 she was beaten so badly by a member of the fugees she couldnt leave her hotel room - Auckland has a nice polyesian village feel to it and word quickly spread in our community that she had been hurt- members of the fugees arrived at the club I used to dj at and my security did not give them a warm welcome in fact if i remember correctly a physical altercation ensued as pay back for Lauryn..
    Miseducation was probably the greatest album of the 90s she is a huge talent but I suspect there is now drug abuse involved and the behaviour we are seeing now is very close to Whitneys antics..I wish her all the best..shes someone who worries about the world.has bad taste in men and is naturally gifted
    Last edited by nomis; 01-18-2011 at 03:26 PM.