[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Oh dear... not a great album... kinda what I thought it might sound like

I also don't like doo-wop music, and most of the tracks on the album appear to be slow, countrified doo-wop songs, so, yea, not great for me. I quite like "Baby Doll", "You Didn't Care" is not bad, and "The Man With The Rock And Roll Banjo Band" is a bit cringy but relatively upbeat so I can enjoy it. Kinda.

How 'bout you, RanRan?
    May I interupt and say I'm with Tom. I got the album a few years back tried it a few times and now unfortunately it's one of those at the back, which I have not listened to in ages.

Oh dear... not a great album... kinda what I thought it might sound like

I also don't like doo-wop music, and most of the tracks on the album appear to be slow, countrified doo-wop songs, so, yea, not great for me. I quite like "Baby Doll", "You Didn't Care" is not bad, and "The Man With The Rock And Roll Banjo Band" is a bit cringy but relatively upbeat so I can enjoy it. Kinda.

How 'bout you, RanRan?
    LOL I figured you might not dig it since you don't care for the early country style. You don't like doowop either? Wow. Don't think I've ever heard [[or read) anybody say that before. Lol I LOVE doowop, and I guess the Supremes' roots in that era are evident on some of the cuts. It's one of my favorite albums of the Supremes. I love the harmony.

Quote Originally Posted by McMotown View Post
    May I interupt and say I'm with Tom. I got the album a few years back tried it a few times and now unfortunately it's one of those at the back, which I have not listened to in ages.
    Just one of those things that make the world go round, all these different musical likes and dislikes.

I bought The Supremes Country album in the Spring of 1966. It was my 9th Supremes' album, completing my collection to that point.

At the time, I liked it better than Liverpool and only a tad better than Sam Cooke. I still enjoy it for the harmonies and that Mary and Flo's voices are featured more prominently. I now consider it better than the Sam Cooke album and a few others. Although it's not in my Top Ten of their albums it's certainly not in my Bottom Ten.

When I was rounding out my collection in the Spring of 1966 I was excited to hear solos by Mary and Florence on Meet, Sam Cooke and CW&P. Then A' Go-Go was released and Mary had a solo. I was excited that we were getting solos from them, little did I know that was basically the end of that!

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    LOL I figured you might not dig it since you don't care for the early country style. You don't like doowop either? Wow. Don't think I've ever heard [[or read) anybody say that before. Lol I LOVE doowop, and I guess the Supremes' roots in that era are evident on some of the cuts. It's one of my favorite albums of the Supremes. I love the harmony.
    I, too, LOVE Doo-Wop - I have 4 boxed sets. I think that is why I enjoy the early Motown releases as much as their peak period and beyond. I love The Supremes WDOLG 40th Anniversary Disc 2 for the same reasons I like CW&P.

Although I've never heard anyone say they didn't like Doo-Wop, I had a work colleague who told me that he "hated" Motown! TWICE!!

Ok, well, I have to say I liked those much more than I thought I would!! And thank you for explaining everything, Gary, as I had never heard of "Hot New Country" before. Interesting. And, you're right, more soulful.

[[BTW, the video for Kevin Sharp's "Let Me Rock You To Sleep" doesn't work and I couldn't find another one that does work!)
    You’re welcome, Tom. I discovered the New Hot Country music quite by chance back around 1985. I had an hour’s drive to work and back [[each direction) and needed some good driving music. I was so sick of the synthesized pop crap that the radio stations were playing, I started scanning different radio stations as an escape. I stopped on a song that was really different yet contained the usual ingredients of the music that I’ve always loved [[pop/soul with plenty of horns and strings and hot back-up vocals). As it turned out, it was a Country station. Believe me, I was just as surprised as you to think that I actually liked a genre of music which, up until then, I couldn’t stand! That was all it took! I programmed my car radio permanently to that station, and instantly became hooked! I made a mental list of the new tracks that I suddenly loved [[there were quite a few) and raced to the CD store to buy all of them. The rest, as they say, was history! [[NOTE: Whenever I embrace a new [[to me) style of music, it doesn’t replace the genres that I already love. It adds to them. I now love Country in addition to Philles, Motown, Philly Soul, Disco, Girl Groups, Classical Vocal, etc.) There was no betrayal of any kind!

BTW, I love most of the tracks on The Supremes "Sing Country, Western & Pop". I never sensed any likeness to doo-wop. To me, its best tracks are slow and bluesy, and those 3-part harmonies are gorgeous! Of course, "Baby Doll" is pure Motown and one of my favorites.

Tom, I don’t know why Kevin Sharp’s "Let Me Rock You To Sleep" won’t play. I wasn’t able to find another video of it, either. Maybe it was just a fluke. Let’s try it again. I hope it will work this time because it’s a beautiful lullaby. [[Poor Kevin was a spokesperson for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. He beat cancer as a teen, and then died from it in his early 40's once he became a successful recording artist. So very unfair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKGgfnEffYw
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 04-26-2017 at 03:19 PM.

WOW! Really? One of your favourite Supremes albums? That's so fascinating; we listen to the same album and hear completely different things, RanRan!!!

And, yes, hehe, I don't like really like doo-wop either so I'm not a massive fan of early Supremes stuff [[or early Motown stuff in general). I really can't stand that weird ondioline organ you get and the harmonies just seem too "raw" or something. I don't know, doo-wop always sounds so dated whenever I listen to it... I think the genre is just way too slow and depressing for me... LOL

Yea, McMotown, I don't blame you!!! Lol

Interestingly the album was released during peak Supremes-mania, in 1965 [[by which time the recordings were already 3 years old!). I guess as Motown thought that crazed Supremes fans would just buy anything with the group's name on it... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    You’re welcome, Tom. I discovered the New Hot Country music quite by chance back around 1985. I had an hour’s drive to work and back [[each direction) and needed some good driving music. I was so sick of the synthesized pop crap that the radio stations were playing, I started scanning different radio stations as an escape. I stopped on a song that was really different yet contained the usual ingredients of the music that I’ve always loved [[pop/soul with plenty of horns and strings and hot back-up vocals). As it turned out, it was a Country station. Believe me, I was just as surprised as you to think that I actually liked a genre of music which, up until then, I couldn’t stand! That was all it took! I programmed my car radio permanently to that station, and instantly became hooked! I made a mental list of the new tracks that I suddenly loved [[there were quite a few) and raced to the CD store to buy all of them. The rest, as they say, was history! [[NOTE: Whenever I embrace a new [[to me) style of music, it doesn’t replace the genres that I already love. It adds to them. I now love Country in addition to Philles, Motown, Philly Soul, Disco, Girl Groups, Classical Vocal, etc.) There was no betrayal of any kind!
    Gary, that's so great! I get the whole "radio station hatred" thing 'cause all that '80s synthesised stuff can be a bit grating. And so can today's pop music!!

I would love to expand my music collection like yours but, even if I like a song, sometimes it doesn't "feel" right that I like it. I know that sounds completely insane [[ha!) but, for example, while I might like The Temptations' 1987 track "I Wonder Who She's Seeing Now" very much, simply knowing that the group weren't riding high on the charts, making progressive, ground-breaking soul music in Motown's glorious mid-'60s period [[and were having to try and adapt to '80s music) means that the song doesn't feel right to me.

It's the same with some of these songs you posted, Gary. I do quite like them but just knowing that they are "country" songs makes me throw up in the mouth [[LOLOL... OK, maybe not). Ahhh, I don't know!

BTW, I love most of the tracks on The Supremes "Sing Country, Western & Pop". I never sensed any likeness to doo-wop. To me, its best tracks are slow and bluesy, and those 3-part harmonies are gorgeous! Of course, "Baby Doll" is pure Motown and one of my favorites.
    Oh! I thought they sounded quite doo-wop-ish. Then again I probably don't listen to enough doo-wop to know that they do. I know I'm going to sound even more insane [[HA!) but I'm not a massive fan of early 'blues' as a genre either so maybe that's why I don't really like them. But you're right about "Baby Doll", Gary, which is very nice!

Tom, I don’t know why Kevin Sharp’s "Let Me Rock You To Sleep" won’t play. I wasn’t able to find another video of it, either. Maybe it was just a fluke. Let’s try it again. I hope it will work this time because it’s a beautiful lullaby. [[Poor Kevin was a spokesperson for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. He beat cancer as a teen, and then died from it in his early 40's once he became a successful recording artist. So very unfair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKGgfnEffYw
    Sadly that one doesn't work either! I think it's one of the videos uploaded to YouTube by the music company and they don't play here in the UK for some annoyingly bizarre reason!!!

And that is so sad about Kevin. I will have to find a way to listen to that song and pay my respects.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-26-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Follow ups that should have been hits, but what could have followed The Temps 'Just My Immagination' there are a few close ones. However could they have really topped that?

Interestingly the album was released during peak Supremes-mania, in 1965 [[by which time the recordings were already 3 years old!). I guess as Motown thought that crazed Supremes fans would just buy anything with the group's name on it... Lol
    I did! And almost still do!!

Follow ups that should have been hits, but what could have followed The Temps 'Just My Immagination' there are a few close ones. However could they have really topped that?
    The Temptations followed 1971's 'Just My Imagination', with the uptempo hit, 'Superstar [[Remember How You Got Where You Are)'. The group didn't come close to coming up with another ballad like 'Imagination' [[as a single release) until 'Hey Girl [[I Like Your Style)' in 1973. And no; they couldn't top 'Just My Imagination' [[I remember hearing an interview with Otis Williams stating that 'Imagination' is The Tempts biggest selling single).

Yes, what a great question, McMotown! What could have followed "Just My Imagination"... hmm, well, "Man" off The Tempts' Sky's The Limit has that beautiful "Imagination"-feel about it, but it is a socially-conscious, slightly psychedelic song with a metronome ticking all the way through it!! I'm listening now to "Gonna Keep On Tryin' 'Til I Win Your Love" and, you know, I think that could have been a great follow-up. A beautiful mid-tempo ballad that has a nice build-up. I should add that both "Man" and "Gonna Keep Tryin'" have Eddie Kendricks on lead. Of course by the time the group had to follow-up on "Imagination", things had changed quite significantly and not only did the follow-up song [well, the one after "It's Summer", thank you for the correction, blackguy] "Superstar" NOT feature Eddie on lead, but it was also a direct attack on him!!!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-26-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    At the time, I liked it better than Liverpool and only a tad better than Sam Cooke. I still enjoy it for the harmonies and that Mary and Flo's voices are featured more prominently. I now consider it better than the Sam Cooke album and a few others. Although it's not in my Top Ten of their albums it's certainly not in my Bottom Ten.
    I definitely like CWP better than Liverpool, which I never really cared for, aside from a couple of songs. Although the girls sound great on it. I probably like Sam Cooke as much as CWP. All three albums were excellent at showing just how great the girls were though.

I, too, LOVE Doo-Wop - I have 4 boxed sets. I think that is why I enjoy the early Motown releases as much as their peak period and beyond. I love The Supremes WDOLG 40th Anniversary Disc 2 for the same reasons I like CW&P.

Although I've never heard anyone say they didn't like Doo-Wop, I had a work colleague who told me that he "hated" Motown! TWICE!!
    Do you have the Meet the Supremes expanded? The Supremes early roots really shine on that collection too. I'm a fan of group harmony so I'm crazy about the doowop era.

What I love about music is that everyone has their own thing that they dig and things that they don't. It's art, so it shouldn't affect everyone the same way. I don't think I've ever heard someone say they hate Motown. Lol I'm always floored when I hear people say they don't like Aretha Franklin. In my mind it just doesn't get any better than the Queen but apparently some folks feel differently and I respect that. These artists can't be everything to everybody. I actually think it makes things more interesting that everyone's likes and dislikes can be so different.

To me, its best tracks are slow and bluesy, and those 3-part harmonies are gorgeous! Of course, "Baby Doll" is pure Motown and one of my favorites.
    Agreed about the best tracks. Gotta disagree about "Baby Doll". I hate it. Lol

Yea, McMotown, I don't blame you!!! Lol

Apparently most of the vocals that ended up on the final product were recorded in late 1964. The original 1963 cuts ended up on Motown Unreleased 1963 and Supremes Lost and Found [[in addition to "My Heart Can't Take It No More" and "Rock and Roll Banjo Band"). This would also explain why "Baby Doll" never sounded like 1963 Motown to me. It makes much more sense that it was recorded in 1964.

Actually the following up to Just My Imagination was the remake of Its summer. When that flopped, then they switched gears and Superstar was released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    The Temptations followed 1971's 'Just My Imagination', with the uptempo hit, 'Superstar [[Remember How You Got Where You Are)'. The group didn't come close to coming up with another ballad like 'Imagination' [[as a single release) until 'Hey Girl [[I Like Your Style)' in 1973. And no; they couldn't top 'Just My Imagination' [[I remember hearing an interview with Otis Williams stating that 'Imagination' is The Tempts biggest selling single).

Apparently most of the vocals that ended up on the final product were recorded in late 1964. The original 1963 cuts ended up on Motown Unreleased 1963 and Supremes Lost and Found [[in addition to "My Heart Can't Take It No More" and "Rock and Roll Banjo Band"). This would also explain why "Baby Doll" never sounded like 1963 Motown to me. It makes much more sense that it was recorded in 1964.
    Ah, I see! Thanks for the info, RanRan. And, yea, "Baby Doll" sounds more like classic 1964 Motown we all know and love. Interestingly it was co-written by [[Little) Stevie Wonder, who was then just 13/14, which makes The Supremes the first act [[other than Stevie) to record one of Stevie's songs.

Do you have the Meet the Supremes expanded? The Supremes early roots really shine on that collection too. I'm a fan of group harmony so I'm crazy about the doowop era.

What I love about music is that everyone has their own thing that they dig and things that they don't. It's art, so it shouldn't affect everyone the same way. I don't think I've ever heard someone say they hate Motown. Lol I'm always floored when I hear people say they don't like Aretha Franklin. In my mind it just doesn't get any better than the Queen but apparently some folks feel differently and I respect that. These artists can't be everything to everybody. I actually think it makes things more interesting that everyone's likes and dislikes can be so different.
    Yes, I definitely have Meet Expanded and love it - just didn't mention it in my post. I bought the original [[with blue cover) in 1966. When I met Supremes fans in the 70s I introduced them to Meet and CW&P.

I guess when someone mentions they don't like a particular artist or performer it probably has to do with their exposure to that artist. When the Stones came on the scene I didn't like them. When Satisfaction came out in 1965 I loved that song and soon liked almost everything by them, everything that came before and since.

One time I told a Beatles collector and dealer that I didn't like The Beatles and didn't clarify my comment. Actually, I misspoke. Since I was attending a record show I should have said I don't collect them but enjoy their music.

I love the Early Beatles but not a big fan of later Beatles albums, although I liked all of their singles. My youngest brother, by 15 years, who was born in 1964 prefers later Beatles over their earlier releases.

And to add a comment to the focus of this thread, I never liked Just My Imagination by The Temptations until about a year ago when I watched a video. I prefer any of the follow-ups that were mentioned: It's Summer and Superstar.

Agreed about the best tracks. Gotta disagree about "Baby Doll". I hate it. Lol
    Really? Well, RanRan79, it just goes to show ya. One man's treasure is another man's junk! "Baby Doll" and "Funny How Time Slips Away" are my two favorites from that album.

Really? Well, RanRan79, it just goes to show ya. One man's treasure is another man's junk! "Baby Doll" and "Funny How Time Slips Away" are my two favorites from that album.
    I've always found this LP interesting. At that time the "Nashville Sound" was established with Patsy Cline and Brenda Lee and others hitting it big. I agree that "Baby Doll" is very Motown-sound. I think the CW&P Motown was trying to replicate might have been earlier, say mid-1950s. I have a new found appreciation for Brenda Lee and her stuff at exactly this time is more modern, pop feeling. Its funny how country was trying to be pop and pop [[or Motown) was trying to be country. Ella Fitzgerald even had a country album a few years later in 1968 [[which I hate; among the very few Ella albums I don't like). But as P/MG stated...one man's junk...

Yes, I definitely have Meet Expanded and love it - just didn't mention it in my post. I bought the original [[with blue cover) in 1966. When I met Supremes fans in the 70s I introduced them to Meet and CW&P.

I guess when someone mentions they don't like a particular artist or performer it probably has to do with their exposure to that artist. When the Stones came on the scene I didn't like them. When Satisfaction came out in 1965 I loved that song and soon liked almost everything by them, everything that came before and since.

One time I told a Beatles collector and dealer that I didn't like The Beatles and didn't clarify my comment. Actually, I misspoke. Since I was attending a record show I should have said I don't collect them but enjoy their music.

I love the Early Beatles but not a big fan of later Beatles albums, although I liked all of their singles. My youngest brother, by 15 years, who was born in 1964 prefers later Beatles over their earlier releases.

And to add a comment to the focus of this thread, I never liked Just My Imagination by The Temptations until about a year ago when I watched a video. I prefer any of the follow-ups that were mentioned: It's Summer and Superstar.
    Hey john, I know what you mean about "Just My Imagination"... it took me ages to appreciate the song for what it truly is: a masterpiece! It's a beautiful ballad [[those heavenly strings!) and it really grows on you too. I'm pretty sure I liked "Superstar" the first time I heard it; it's feisty and funky and grabs you upon first listen!

Love those Temps tracks 'it's summer' & 'Superstar' too, but the other stand out ballad apart from 'Hey Girl [[Like your Style)'I thought should have been big is 'Heavenly'

Love those Temps tracks 'it's summer' & 'Superstar' too, but the other stand out ballad apart from 'Hey Girl [[Like your Style)'I thought should have been big is 'Heavenly'
    Love "Superstar" by both The Temptations and The Undisputed Truth [[the instrumental track for which is absolutely fantastic!) but can't remember being particularly impressed with "It's Summer"... I'l give it another listen.

McMotown, I just adore "Hey Girl" and think it could and should have been been almost as big as "Just My Imagination". Richard Street gives a stellar vocal performance! "Heavenly" is delightful too.

Love "Superstar" by both The Temptations and The Undisputed Truth [[the instrumental track for which is absolutely fantastic!) but can't remember being particularly impressed with "It's Summer"...
    Yet again, I'm talking nonsense [[LOL) 'cause I just listened and "It's Summer" is great!

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Actually the following up to Just My Imagination was the remake of Its summer. When that flopped, then they switched gears and Superstar was released.
    My mistake; I forgot about The Temptations remake of "It's Summer" as the next single after "Just My Imagination". I always thought the original version of "Summer" [[from Psychedelic Shack) was so much better.

Sorry While mentioning a few Temps ballads anyone care for 'Stay'. Just to note I do love all things by The Temptations.

Sorry While mentioning a few Temps ballads anyone care for 'Stay'. Just to note I do love all things by The Temptations.
    Absolutely love "Stay", McMotown! Such a clever song, retro and current at the same time.

Absolutely love "Stay", McMotown! Such a clever song, retro and current at the same time.
    You are so right Tom

I definitely like CWP better than Liverpool, which I never really cared for, aside from a couple of songs. Although the girls sound great on it. I probably like Sam Cooke as much as CWP. All three albums were excellent at showing just how great the girls were though.
    I have always loved the Supremes C&W album because of the beautiful arrangements and harmonies. Although many might disagree [[including my buddy Gary), I never liked the more sanitized sounding Andantes backgrounds as much as Mary and Flo who were so distinctive together. I think the Andantes were fine backing up, say, Wanda on the Return of the Marvelettes LP. Their voices blend very nicely with Wanda's. But I think the Supremes lost something when Mary and Flo got buried [[or ignored) in the backgrounds.

I enjoy the early LPs for that reason even more than I did back in the day because now I really can hear who's singing in the background and it adds so much, even for example on "Meet the Supremes" where the sound is raw but the earnestness and innocence are on full display, just like on the Marvelettes "Postman" or other early LPs.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I have always loved the Supremes C&W album because of the beautiful arrangements and harmonies. Although many might disagree [[including my buddy Gary), I never liked the more sanitized sounding Andantes backgrounds as much as Mary and Flo who were so distinctive together. I think the Andantes were fine backing up, say, Wanda on the Return of the Marvelettes LP. Their voices blend very nicely with Wanda's. But I think the Supremes lost something when Mary and Flo got buried [[or ignored) in the backgrounds.
    You're right, Kenny -- I DO disagree. LOL! I love The Andantes on EVERYTHING!!! Can't get enough of them!

Well I think sometimes they just don't like that particular artist. Lol You mention the Beatles. I am not a fan. I've never understood the appeal. I think as songwriters they crafted some indisputable gems. But other than that I am not interested, never have been, never will be. They don't move me. Kind of what I hear from some folks about the Supremes. You can't help who moves you and who doesn't.

As for "Just My Imagination", I know folks go crazy over it but it's never blown me away. I don't hate it. And I definitely understand why it's so appealing to so many, but it just doesn't grab me the way it does so many others. I'm a huge Eddie Kendricks fan [[I actually prefer him to David Ruffin) and even he can't get this song to grab my soul. I definitely prefer "It's Summer" to "Imagination".

I love "Funny How Time Slips Away". One of Diana's best vocal performances of the early period.

I love "Funny How Time Slips Away". One of Diana's best vocal performances of the early period.
    You're so right, RanRan79. Diana's lead on that track is really exceptional! And the back-up vocals are immaculate. Motown at its finest!

I agree Johnjeb. Some good stuff on C&W. love Mary and Flo solos too e.g. It makes no difference now. I forget-. What was Mary's solo on Sam Cooke?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I agree Johnjeb. Some good stuff on C&W. love Mary and Flo solos too e.g. It makes no difference now. I forget-. What was Mary's solo on Sam Cooke?
    She doesn't have a lead on Sam Cooke. But I think she would have done just as good a job as Diana on "You Send Me" and a better job on "A Change Is Gonna Come".

As stated by RanRan79, Mary doesn't have a solo on the Sam Cooke album.

In my post I was just referring, in general, to the solo opportunities both Mary and Florence had on many of their earlier albums, up to and including, A' Go-Go.

You are so right Tom
    Thanks McMotown, it is a great song isn't it?

You know, I love how The Tempts can sample their own track [[which was then some 30 yrs old!)... it just goes to show what a legendary group they are!

And I just love how Otis Williams, although he doesn't sing, has an excellent spoken word passage!!! Reminds me of "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me"...

Hi Tom now you've brought up the Temps with the Supremes one of of my favourites from the both of them is 'Funky Broadway' you got any particular favourite?

Hi Tom now you've brought up the Temps with the Supremes one of of my favourites from the both of them is 'Funky Broadway' you got any particular favourite?
    You know, McMotown, I hadn't really listened to The Tempts' duets with The Supremes very much before, but of course I know and love "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me", which is a classic and probably my personal favourite! Simply sublime. And one of Eddie's best vocals performances!!!

And "Funky Broadway" is great! Nice fuzzy guitar. I also love "Why [[Must We Fall In Love)" and "Not Now, I'll Tell You Later", which is actually just a Temptations song from 1963 with The Supremes on backing vocals I believe.

I love Then and I'm Try Something New and of course their duet of Im losing you with David

You know, McMotown, I hadn't really listened to The Tempts' duets with The Supremes very much before, but of course I know and love "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me", which is a classic and probably my personal favourite! Simply sublime. And one of Eddie's best vocals performances!!!

And "Funky Broadway" is great! Nice fuzzy guitar. I also love "Why [[Must We Fall In Love)" and "Not Now, I'll Tell You Later", which is actually just a Temptations song from 1963 with The Supremes on backing vocals I believe.
    Yes 'I'm Gonna Make Love Me' is a classic Eddie vocal, It's one of my favourites. 'Not Now' from one of the classic Temps Album Gettin' Ready every track a classic

Yes 'I'm Gonna Make Love Me' is a classic Eddie vocal, It's one of my favourites. 'Not Now' from one of the classic Temps Album Gettin' Ready every track a classic
    Oh, tell me about it, McMotown! I mean, "Get Ready" AND "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" in the same one album?! It's already overflowing with classics! Hehe

I love Then and I'm Try Something New and of course their duet of Im losing you with David
    They did a duet version of "I'm Losing You"...!!?? Why did I not know this?? Lol

I'll have to check those songs out right now! Thanks for the post, luke

They did a duet version of "I'm Losing You"...!!?? Why did I not know this?? Lol
    I couldn't find a Supremes studio recording of "I'm Losing You"? There is a live recording, however... is that the one you mean?

I couldn't find a Supremes studio recording of "I'm Losing You"? There is a live recording, however... is that the one you mean?
    I think they're referring to the Ed Sullivan performance. The each did their own songs then did a medley together.

Quote Originally Posted by biggestfourtops fan View Post
    I think they're referring to the Ed Sullivan performance. The each did their own songs then did a medley together.
    Yea, thanks fourtopsfan.

I have the original vinyl album of Gettin' Ready but just noticed the CD has two extra tracks, are they any good?

I have the original vinyl album of Gettin' Ready but just noticed the CD has two extra tracks, are they any good?
    Hey McMotown, I don't have the CD but I believe the two bonus tracks are "The Man Who Don't Believe In Love" and "Give It Up". The former I have listened to many times before and it is excellent! The song's a slow burner with a stellar performance from Paul Williams. Marv Johnson actually produced the track and recorded his own version shortly afterwards I believe. "Give It Up" I don't think I have ever heard before but I shall listen to it now and get back to you