[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    McMotown "Give It Up" is one of my favorite Tempts songs. I play it often. Wish it had made the original album.

Thanks RanRan and Tom I'm excited now, is there somewhere I can listen to these 2 tracks on-line?

Quote Originally Posted by McMotown View Post
    Thanks RanRan and Tom I'm excited now, is there somewhere I can listen to these 2 tracks on-line?
    Hey, McMotown, luckily they're both on YouTube! I'll post the videos here right now for you

I listened to "Give It Up" by the way and it's great, but not as good as "The Man Who Dont Believe In Love" IMO. I just love "The Man"'s delightful calypso-styled rhythms and Paul's wonderful lead vocal!

Here's "Give It Up"...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq_cRH66FdQ

And "The Man Who Don't Believe In Love"...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OYPNYF9aUVw

Enjoy!!

Many thanks Tom, damn they don't seem to play on my tablet I'll get on my computer tomorrow now.

Many thanks Tom, damn they don't seem to play on my tablet I'll get on my computer tomorrow now.
    Ah, McMotown, I have found that happens on my iPhone as well... I think I have found a way to to get round it...

Basically, you have to make make your webpage appear in "desktop" mode. You can usually do this by holding the refresh button in the search bar until "request desktop site" comes up and then tap it. If you're on YouTube, tap on the 'three dots' icon in the top right hand corner and then tap 'desktop'... hopefully they will then play!

Thanks Tom, yeah both great tracks. Oh dear got to save my peenies to get them to ha ha ha ha. 'The Man Who Don't Believe In Love' reminds me of another great lead by Paul 'I Want A Love I Can See'

What about Chris Clark's singles that followed 'Love's Gone Bad' now for me 'Head To Toe' should have made it big. However maybe some prefer the Miracles version.

Thanks Tom, yeah both great tracks. Oh dear got to save my peenies to get them to ha ha ha ha. 'The Man Who Don't Believe In Love' reminds me of another great lead by Paul 'I Want A Love I Can See'
    McMotown, you're so right! I was literally just thinking the same thing... in fact I had started to hum "The Man Who Dont Believe In Love" and inadvertently did the intro to "I Want A Love I Can See" instead!!!

What about Chris Clark's singles that followed 'Love's Gone Bad' now for me 'Head To Toe' should have made it big. However maybe some prefer the Miracles version.
    That's a hard one... I like both! Just love that infectious, non-stop drumming on Chris' version. But I love Smokey's original too... especially the chorus when all The Miracles come together to do the "your-or-or-s from head to toe" bit!!

Chris' coulda and shoulda been a hit but the song it was following-up "Love's Gone Bad" wasn't even a very big hit in itself I don't believe! I also might have gone with the cracking unreleasing track "Something's Wrong" as a follow-up...
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 05-03-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Tom I have to agree with you again on both counts, that bit with The Miracles does do it. And yes Something's Wrong was another missed opportunity.

Tom I have to agree with you again on both counts, that bit with The Miracles does do it. And yes Something's Wrong was another missed opportunity.
    Thanks McMotown. We should mention what a clever and wonderfully-written song "From Head To Toe" is... of course both versions were written and produced by Smokey himself!

"Something's Wrong" is a stone cold killer... a rollicking Northern Soul floorfiller... a pounding non-stop thriller... I just love it!

BTW I believe Chris re-recorded "From Head To Love" for Ian Levine and his Motorcity Records label... and that version ain't half bad either, especially Chris' vocal...

Tom I'll check that out. Yes Chris has great vocals. Her, Tammi and Gladys were the top female vocalist for me.

Tom I'll check that out. Yes Chris has great vocals. Her, Tammi and Gladys were the top female vocalist for me.
    Yes indeed, you don't get any better than Empress of Soul, Gladys Knight!

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I also thought Nathan Jones is a cool classic that didn't do badly but thought it should have been bigger. they performed it once on Tonight Show but I think that was it. this song was rock but soulful at the same time . under rated in my opinion.
    I agree. It's, by far, my favourite Supremes track.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Truth View Post
    I agree. It's, by far, my favourite Supremes track.
    It is so utterly, utterly fantastic!! But what would you follow it up with? I believe Motown went with "Touch", which is very nice but not a hit IMO. Especially after the feisty and funky "Nathan Jones"...!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    It is so utterly, utterly fantastic!! But what would you follow it up with? I believe Motown went with "Touch", which is very nice but not a hit IMO. Especially after the feisty and funky "Nathan Jones"...!
    I think I'm in the minority on Nathan. It's not a bad song, it just doesn't do anything for me. If I were going to choose a song from the album other than "Touch" to follow Nathan up, it might be "Here Comes the Sunrise". If the decision was going to be made to swing right into Promises Kept after "Nathan Jones", I would have either chosen "Tears Left Over" or "Take Your Dreams Back".

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I think I'm in the minority on Nathan. It's not a bad song, it just doesn't do anything for me. If I were going to choose a song from the album other than "Touch" to follow Nathan up, it might be "Here Comes the Sunrise". If the decision was going to be made to swing right into Promises Kept after "Nathan Jones", I would have either chosen "Tears Left Over" or "Take Your Dreams Back".
    Oh, no, not this again, RanRan! More musical disagreements, eh? Sigh... lol

I agree on your other points though; "Here Comes The Sunrise" is great, and, oh, my, I just LOVE "Take Your Dreams Back"... can't believe it wasn't even released. It's funky and has a great, catchy hook!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Oh, no, not this again, RanRan! More musical disagreements, eh? Sigh... lol

I agree on your other points though; "Here Comes The Sunrise" is great, and, oh, my, I just LOVE "Take Your Dreams Back"... can't believe it wasn't even released. It's funky and has a great, catchy hook!
    Hey, we can't dig all of the same stuff. Lol Yes, "Sunrise" is fantastic. I think it may have captured the public's attention more than "Touch". "Take Your Dreams Back" is so good. I really think it had what it took to be a hit.