[REMOVE ADS]

Harold melvin & the blue notes - reaching for the world

Last edited by soulpassion; 04-04-2017 at 10:22 PM.

The video is not available [[perhaps the fact I'm in Spain is the cause?)...

Anyway I suppose is the title track of the album on ABC from 1977. More I heard this album more I likes it, specially the ones featuring Sharon Paige [["He Loves You ANd I Do Too", "After You Love Me, Why Do You Leave Me").

The title track is written by DEREK BOYD from the duo Derek & Cyndi [["You Bring Out The Best In Me", a Thom Bell produced masterpiece!)

Hi Manny...so sorry I deleted this clip from youtube and then re-uploaded it as someone said something wrong with the sound? It sounded great on my p.c so asked Richard Searling to have a listen for me...he said poor quality on both uploads so not sure why? Maybe someone on here can explain this? ok on home computer but not mobiles? Thankyou...
    Last edited by soulpassion; 04-04-2017 at 10:22 PM.

I've reuploaded it again...as I've already said? no good on mobiles but perfectly fine on a P.C

Thank you for posting soulpassion. It is always wonderful to see clips containing the "forgotten Blue Note" David Ebo.

Manny, did you get my IM on Facebook?

Teddy left big shoes to fill but this brother delivers. Great song and clip. I don't know a lot of post Teddy songs by them but two thumbs up Blue Notes.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    The video is not available [[perhaps the fact I'm in Spain is the cause?)...

Anyway I suppose is the title track of the album on ABC from 1977. More I heard this album more I likes it, specially the ones featuring Sharon Paige [["He Loves You ANd I Do Too", "After You Love Me, Why Do You Leave Me").

The title track is written by DEREK BOYD from the duo Derek & Cyndi [["You Bring Out The Best In Me", a Thom Bell produced masterpiece!)
    The "lady" singing on He Loves You is actually Blue Notes first tenor Jerry Cummings. Though I actually thought the same thing myself at first.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    The "lady" singing on He Loves You is actually Blue Notes first tenor Jerry Cummings. Though I actually thought the same thing myself at first.
    ... my god!... It's unbelievable ... really seems a female voice. I knows Cummings was the falsetto voice as he replaced Lloyd parks in 1974 [[he appears on "To Be True Album" for the first time) but never knows he sounded like that !... Thanks for the info.

Hi, Jim Bagley,
    sorry, I don't have Facebook page or account and I don't understand the sense of your question.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Teddy left big shoes to fill but this brother delivers. Great song and clip. I don't know a lot of post Teddy songs by them but two thumbs up Blue Notes.
    They made a handful of strong albums post philly. Now is the time is an album full of classy ballads whilst the Blue album is another goodie as is Reaching For The World.Well worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    They made a handful of strong albums post philly. Now is the time is an album full of classy ballads whilst the Blue album is another goodie as is Reaching For The World.Well worth checking out.
    I definitely will check them out. Thank you for the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    After "Reaching For The World" [[IMHO the best album after their deal with PIR) there's some great gems on "Now Is the Time" album [["It's Like Magic") and also on the Source label "The Blue Album" [[gospel infected "Prayin'" and Sharon Paige leading "If You're Looking For Somebody To To Love". After that I lost my interest in their records on Philly World [[two or three albums,...? not sure)

I think this must be my 4th reupload of this clip but Thankyou to my friend Jos for correcting the music now plays fine on mobiles now

Nice video. I am starting remember those old syndicated Disco related shows now.

I DISAGREE totally seeing this SOUL track under the great letters saying "DISCO" [[!!!???)... I think there was a time with great confusion about music. There was Soul and Funk and Soul-jazz uptempo and danceable [[apart from good for LISTEN!) numbers, mid tempo and ballads classified as "disco" [[!!!???). No one track on this good album have nothing in common with all of us understand as "disco". The 3 tracks more "up tempo" [["Hostage, Part 1 & 2", "Reaching For The World" and "Big Singing Star") are SOUL GEMS with deep - screaming voices.

So Harold is the only original in that video right?

If you go back further enough, Harold himself, isn't an original member! From the PIR period, only Jerry and Sharon Paige made the move to ABC! Of course, Teddy went solo while Bernie and Larry started their own "Blue Notes" act.