[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mpn1jco View Post
    I am not looking to pick a fight or question your integrity but can you provide the e-mail of Maxine Ballard as documented proof - you've fallen into the same trap you were taking a stance against.

Regarding Tony Turner, I wasn't there so I don't know the real truth, but no legal action was taken against him and people have been sued for millions for a lot less. I've have heard some things that raised a red flag and I am leaning towards Tony right now. I thought it was trash initially. Many people who have been subjected to sexual abuse do not come forward because they will treated as attention seeking liars. He was an underage boy hanging around adults in the entertainment industry and subject to predatory behavior. I applaud him for coming forth and maybe this will help other victims heal. I felt he was taking revenge against Mary Wilson for firing him and I questioned some of the Mary Wilson horror stories.

Meeting people who have worked with Ross is no big deal. I have hearsay, hearsay, hearsay throughout the years. I have heard basically the same thing over and over and I will leave it at that. I have never met her and have no desire to.

I will go with a published book by a reputable publisher that has been cleared by legal before I go with an anonymous poster in a public forum, which I absolutely will not do. Just because something is published doesn't mean it is true. Not suing doesn't mean the books are true. Some of the books on the list are more reputable than others, but they all basically tell the same story over and over and over about Ross.... hard to ignore.
    Maxine Ballard is no longer with us. She passed away 2-3 years ago. Yes when I met Tony Turner he was working for Mary Wilson. After she fired him, he wrote his books. The book he was going to put out regarding Berry Gordy got him and his publisher a hefty lawsuit so that was squashed. So many books and so many people that have not written books about Diana Ross have said so, so many negative things about her. Young artists and young managers that worked at Motown all pretty much said the same things.
    If I mention some of the singers that have made negative comments about Miss Ross, it would surprise some of you that she even came in contact with them. Many of them are on social media and do not need the headache that Diana Ross fans would try to give them over their bad experiences with Ross.

mpn1jco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Maxine Ballard is no longer with us. She passed away 2-3 years ago. Yes when I met Tony Turner he was working for Mary Wilson. After she fired him, he wrote his books. The book he was going to put out regarding Berry Gordy got him and his publisher a hefty lawsuit so that was squashed. So many books and so many people that have not written books about Diana Ross have said so, so many negative things about her. Young artists and young managers that worked at Motown all pretty much said the same things.
    If I mention some of the singers that have made negative comments about Miss Ross, it would surprise some of you that she even came in contact with them. Many of them are on social media and do not need the headache that Diana Ross fans would try to give them over their bad experiences with Ross.
    Thanks for clearing some issues up.

Thanks for clearing some issues up.
    You are most welcome.

mpn1jco Guest
    Yes I did. Bettye's stories about Ross' antics were hilarious! I never viewed Ross the same again.

mpn1jco Guest
    She told people in San Diego last year at an outdoors concert to stop eating their food because they do not do that in places like Vegas when an artist is performing! She asked them "didn't you guys eat before coming here?" The people continued to eat their food that was being sold at the venue and she eventually went back singing.
    Last edited by mpn1jco; 04-06-2017 at 12:55 AM.

I find it interesting that you, of all people, are seeking documented proof of anything DEAR
    Yeah, isn't she suppose to be a firm believer in the Bible that she quotes regularly?

There was also one of her telling a guy who arrived late to her show in Atlantic City to sit down and shut up or get out!

Here's one where she's telling someone who cannot see the stage because of others standing up in her very "classy" audience that if they don't like it, they can go......

It would be great to have the one where she beats the woman in the head with her hat box that has a dog in it that she is trying to carry on board a flight.

It would be great to have the one where she beats the woman in the head with her hat box that has a dog in it that she is trying to carry on board a flight.
    What the??? Lol
    Marv, how comes you remember all this stuff??
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-06-2017 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    What the??? Lol
    Marv, how comes you remember all this stuff??
    Are you kidding me? How many big celebrities do you know that does this type of crude stuff on the regular?

Are you kidding me? How many big celebrities do you know that does this type of crude stuff on the regular?
    None I suppose... but that's including Diana Ross

I guess I'm not paying enough attention to celebrity news!!! I had never heard of any of this stuff before. I couldn't find anything for her firing that flower girl either. Are these recent events?
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-06-2017 at 05:36 AM.

None... including Diana Ross
    I guess I'm not paying enough attention to celebrity news!!! I had never heard of any of this stuff before. I couldn't find anything for her firing that flower girl either. Are these recent events?
    Well, you have missed a lot. Many know about these things in America.

Oh ok... yea, I suppose so. Then again I'm not sure I really want to know!

Oh ok... yea, I suppose so. Then again I'm not sure I really want to know!
    I am sure you know about the time she shoved the 3 year old little girl into a door:

http://mediatakeout.com/shocker-dian...l-into-a-door/

How could you not know about how she exploded in that restaurant LaScala? I think you're just being modest, or just being something LOL!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2424572.html

mpn1jco Guest
    I like that when asked to produce documented proof you did, instead of presenting silence or ignoring the requests.

It looks like with certain celebrities their behavior never changes with time! I am disgusted!
    Last edited by mpn1jco; 04-06-2017 at 07:03 AM.

If I'm honest I don't think I really care [[or should care!) about these quite petty stories. I don't know. They don't really interest me. I'd much prefer an article on 'How we made Baby Love' or something like that. I mean, I can't name instances in which Diana has done something awful but I can give you my favourite Diana songs from 1974 if you like. I'm all about the music!

mpn1jco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I didnt ask you for anything dearest.
    It appears Marv2 complied with your request. Perhaps you could reciprocate. There is information that people would like to know...

mpn1jco Guest
    If I'm honest I don't think I really care [[or should care!) about these quite petty stories. I don't know. They don't really interest me. I'd much prefer an article on 'How we made Baby Love' or something like that. I mean, I can't name instances in which Diana has done something awful but I can give you my favourite Diana songs from 1974 if you like. I'm all about the music!
    I need a holistic approach to things. These stories offer an explanation as to why someone is at a particular juncture and how they are handling it. Disturbing. There is noting petty about being investigated by the authorities for possible assault on a three year old. There was an investigation because a complaint was filed against the person in question! Many questions that have been presented are already answered if you read the signs in front of you. Thanks again Marv2, very valuable and significant information.
    Last edited by mpn1jco; 04-06-2017 at 07:36 AM.

My favorite Diana Ross story from 1974 was when she came back to Detroit to perform for newly elected Mayor Coleman A. Young's swearing and threw a cup of hot tea in the face of a Detroit Society Lady because the woman said something to her about her clothing. Here is an old newspaper clipping regarding the event. A friend saved it and sent it in. The tea cup throwing incident was in another column in the Detroit Free Press that I'll ask if he can find

Attachment 12774
    Last edited by marv2; 04-06-2017 at 09:36 AM.

mpn1jco Guest
    My favorite Diana Ross story from 1974 was when she came back to Detroit to perform for newly elected Mayor Coleman A. Young's swearing and threw a cup of hot tea in the face of a Detroit Society Lady because the woman said something to her about her clothing.
    That is all over the internet and published several times. It was quickly covered up at the time. People have been blinded when a hot beverage is thrown in their face.
    Last edited by mpn1jco; 04-06-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Well you asked me .That is why I continued to try to explain. YOU asked ME!

I need a holistic approach to things. These stories offer an explanation as to why someone is at a particular juncture and how they are handling it. Disturbing. Many questions that have been presented are already answered if you read the signs in front of you.
    Hi mpn1jco by the way! I remember you from a while back.

Those stories, I don't know, seem like petty celebrity magazine articles or something. I wouldn't read too much into them.

You know -- sorry, this is quite irrelevant but it's also interesting -- I saw a TV program about a paparazzi guy and how he 'gets' stories. He got his friend to give some celebrity [[who is accused of doing a lot of drinking) a bottle of wine. The friend claimed it was a thank you present as the celebrity had met his parents the previous week and given them her signature. The paparazzi guy takes lots of pictures of her with the bottle. He then phones up some random celebrity magazine anonymously with a story about this celebrity and her drunk ways. The next day there is a story in the magazine, claiming that the celebrity had got out a bottle of wine from her bag, guzzled it down, and then put it back. Crazy!

Please enjoy my random celebrity anecdote.

mpn1jco Guest

Those stories, I don't know, seem like petty celebrity magazine articles or something. I wouldn't read too much into them.

You know -- sorry, this is quite irrelevant but it's also interesting -- I saw a TV program about a paparazzi guy and how he 'gets' stories. He got his friend to give some celebrity [[who is accused of doing a lot of drinking) a bottle of wine. The friend claimed it was a thank you present as the celebrity had met his parents the previous week and given them her signature. The paparazzi guy takes lots of pictures of her with the bottle. He then phones up some random celebrity magazine anonymously with a story about this celebrity and her drunk ways. The next day there is a story in the magazine, claiming that the celebrity had got out a bottle of wine from her bag, guzzled it down, and then put it back. Crazy!

Enjoyed!

I heard that before about Jonathan Rhys Meyers, but he really is an alcoholic among other things.

Well you asked me .That is why I continued to try to explain. YOU asked ME!
    Marv, I didn't ask you come up with a list of events in which Diana Ross did some atrocious things. I asked you why you know about so many of them and so much about them. Sorry, I should have been clearer
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-06-2017 at 10:45 AM.

RTL was a great show
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 04-06-2017 at 07:52 AM.

Marv, I didn't ask you come up with a list of events in which Diana Ross did some atrocious things. I asked you why you know about so many of them and so much about them. Sorry!
    You ask me, just not directly. You asked how I knew , so I started to show to which you started to shrug things off as entertainment news etc. What do you think we are chatting about here? Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    RTL was a great show
    Also a poorly planned concert tour that had to be cancelled due to a lack of tickets sales.

You ask me, just not directly. You asked how I knew , so I started to show to which you started to shrug things off as entertainment news etc. What do you think we are chatting about here? Get a grip.
    Wha!? I was just wondering why you would know all this stuff about Diana Ross if you don't care about and/or for her. And I was just saying that because it's 'entertainment news' -- that's why I don't know about it. Sorry, I didn't mean to dismiss or shrug off anything you said.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-06-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Many people don't care for Trump but know a lot about him. We are Motown historians

Wha!? I was just wondering why you would know all this stuff about Diana Ross if you don't care about and/or for her. And I was just saying that because it's 'entertainment news' -- that's why I don't know about it. Sorry, I didn't mean to dismiss or shrug off anything you said.
    For a person that did not "ask me", you sure are doing a lot of equivocating now! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Many people don't care for Trump but know a lot about him. We are Motown historians
    Exactly and thank you!

For a person that did not "ask me", you sure are doing a lot of equivocating now! LOL!
    Yea, I guess I am... I'll stop now... LOL

In all the times and years that I had seen the girls and Diana concert I have never heard them sing Reflections live. Seeing them on Ed Sullivan in those black gowns was eye popping then. They wore some gowns similar to that in RTL but were shorter which brought back those times from the Ed Sullivan show. NOW here I was seeing Diana, Scherrie and Lynda singing Reflections right in front of me made it all worth while.

I don't see nothing rude in the video clips. I have been to many dinner shows in the past and there should be no serving during the performance. Waiters try to serve the late comers and it is a big distraction to the other audience members who are trying to watch the show. The other video clip shows Diana sticking up for her fans telling the staff to let them stand if they want too. The audience was cheering her on!!

I am not looking to pick a fight or question your integrity but can you provide the e-mail of Maxine Ballard as documented proof - you've fallen into the same trap you were taking a stance against.

Regarding Tony Turner, I wasn't there so I don't know the real truth, but no legal action was taken against him and people have been sued for millions for a lot less. I've have heard some things that raised a red flag and I am leaning towards Tony right now. I thought it was trash initially. Many people who have been subjected to sexual abuse do not come forward because they will treated as attention seeking liars. He was an underage boy hanging around adults in the entertainment industry and subject to predatory behavior. I applaud him for coming forth and maybe this will help other victims heal. I felt he was taking revenge against Mary Wilson for firing him and I questioned some of the Mary Wilson horror stories.

Meeting people who have worked with Ross is no big deal. I have hearsay, hearsay, hearsay throughout the years. I have heard basically the same thing over and over and I will leave it at that. I have never met her and have no desire to.

I will go with a published book by a reputable publisher that has been cleared by legal before I go with an anonymous poster in a public forum, which I absolutely will not do. Just because something is published doesn't mean it is true. Not suing doesn't mean the books are true. Some of the books on the list are more reputable than others, but they all basically tell the same story over and over and over about Ross.... hard to ignore.
    Oh you could never pick a fight with me. I'm a grown ass man. Internet "fights" are indicative of low intelligence and lack of maturity, neither of which are problems for me. So unless you explicitly were to write "I'm picking a fight with you", I wouldn't see it that way. I also know how to terminate any conversation that appears to be going left and I believe there's a "block" feature in this group, so if I felt the need to utilize it, I would. We're all good.

As to the rest of your post, you failed to comprehend my point if you think that I was attempting to provide you proof of anything. This thread has suddenly become a lengthier thread because a couple of posters, such as yourself, has attempted to provide "proof" that Diana Ross is a bitch. [[Let's call it like it is...that is the point...that she's a "bitch".) This "proof" doesn't change my opinion on the subject, one way or the other. I entered this seeing Diana Ross as an imperfect human being and I will exit feeling the exact same way.

What Maxine Ballard said to me doesn't need to be proven as I am not seeking to sway anyone's opinion on Diana Ross. I am a huge fan of Diana's voice and her music, but she is not my mother, my grandmother, my sister, my aunt, my niece or my cousin. Hell, she's not even my friend! LOL So why would I ever get so invested in proving anything where she's concerned? Short answer: I wouldn't. I would ask why it seems to be so important to some of you, but then I have to ask myself do I even care to do that? Short answer: nope. So in the end it looks like we'll have to agree to disagree. But I will concede this: there's enough stories floating around about her from back in the day that one can legitimately surmise that at the very least, where there was smoke, there might at least be a little bit of fire.

LMAO!!!! She never told the crowd to stop eating. She told the servers to stop serving. And wouldn't that make sense, that a venue serve food before the show or during intermissions, not while a performer is in the middle of a thing? Isn't that why places like Vegas have that rule? If anything, all this video proved is that when it comes to Miss Ross sometimes interpretation is what drives the story. I know one thing, I would be too awestruck to eat anything if I were sitting in the same room as one of my favorites. Lol

I am embarrassed for her. OUTRAGEOUS BEHAVIOR ON HER PART.

Here's one where she's telling someone who cannot see the stage because of others standing up in her very "classy" audience that if they don't like it, they can go......

This one is iffy. On one hand, whatever the issue, there should have been a more diplomatic way to handle it. This very well could be a funky Diana moment. On the other, her reaction to this situation could have been based on the reaction of the person she was talking to. I mean, who goes to a concert and doesn't understand that you may not be able to have an unblocked view because fans decide to stand up? Was the person picking a fight? Because if I go to a show and get out of my seat, there's a certain way the person behind me can ask me to sit down, and I might oblige, and then there's a way you can demand I sit down and then I'm going to act like where I'm from. I need more information about this video before I form a conclusive opinion one way or the other.

I believe that was a story Joe Shaffner told, and it was he who was getting hit upside the head with a hat box. Lol

I am sure you know about the time she shoved the 3 year old little girl into a door:

http://mediatakeout.com/shocker-dian...l-into-a-door/
    Never heard of this, probably because it's such a non story. I googled it [[despite Mediatakeout being the reputable source that it is...NOT! LOL) and found very little, and nothing in any of the majors. I did find an old thread of it here on SD. If it happened I don't believe it was on purpose. Just like I didn't believe the story about Patti Labelle and the child she supposedly hurt.

I'm interested in the stories because it makes for good entertainment, true or not. [[Some of them aren't entertaining, true or not, because of the severe implications they have, but most make for the kind of tabloid reading that a lot of us Americans thrive upon.) But nothing is more important than the music. And Diana Ross has made some excellent recordings with the Supremes and as solo, so there's so much more to talk about there than mindless gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I don't see nothing rude in the video clips. I have been to many dinner shows in the past and there should be no serving during the performance. Waiters try to serve the late comers and it is a big distraction to the other audience members who are trying to watch the show. The other video clip shows Diana sticking up for her fans telling the staff to let them stand if they want too. The audience was cheering her on!!
    Vgalindo that's my thoughts on the serving video too. But was Diana talking to the staff of the seating video or a fan? Depending on which definitely tells a different story.

Ok, RanRan, I'm starting and you can't stop me!!!!

"Bad Weather" is really just an all-round fantastic song. Uplifting, funky, catchy, danceable [[proto-Disco even) and it has that undeniably brilliant Stevie magic!!! It has to be my all-time fave Jean performance too. And I just love that horn section and even the discotheque whistles!!

RanRan, I would like to think that a Stevie-produced Supremes album would have been as commercially successful as it would have been absolutely fantastic [[he was slap bang in the middle of his classic period after all!) but you never know. I mean, "Bad Weather" barely cracked the Hot 100, excuse my language but WTF?

And, yea, I reckon Jean would get most of the leads. But I ain't complainin' neither... just look at "Bad Weather" and see how well the Stevie-Jean combination worked!!! And with Mary and Lynda on Wonderlove harmonies... ahh, what might have been... oh well! I'm just glad we got "Bad Weather" after all.
    So now I'm done with the silliness and getting back to the music...Yes I agree, "Bad Weather" is such a great song. It boggles the mind that it wasn't at least a top 20 hit. One would think that DJs would spin it for the Supremes/Stevie connection alone. Have you heard the extended version from the 2000 box set? They really cut up at the end. Supposedly there are a few other Stevie produced Supremes cuts waiting to be released and I can't wait to hear them. Motown really should have given this collaboration more of a chance to take off.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    So now I'm done with the silliness and getting back to the music...Yes I agree, "Bad Weather" is such a great song. It boggles the mind that it wasn't at least a top 20 hit. One would think that DJs would spin it for the Supremes/Stevie connection alone. Have you heard the extended version from the 2000 box set? They really cut up at the end. Supposedly there are a few other Stevie produced Supremes cuts waiting to be released and I can't wait to hear them. Motown really should have given this collaboration more of a chance to take off.
    OH MY! RanRan, I had no idea that an extended version of the song existed... I am listening to it right now and, oh my, that fake ending just got me!!!! Lol... I love it! There's even Stevie there at the beginning and Mary laughing at the end. How brilliant. Thank you very much!

And yes, I can't believe DJ's didn't play it simply because it was written and produced by Stevie Wonder, who was at the time, ON FIRE! [[hit-wise, obviously ) Should have gone to #1 in my opinion...

Wait, there are more Supremes-Stevie recordings? Yes!!! I was under the impression that "Bad Weather" was literally the one only thing they did together. Oh, wow, that's excellent news, thank you RanRan. Hope they get released sometime soon

The title of the video is "Diana telling off staff and sticking up for her fans". I see it that way too. The reactions of the fans screaming and cheering her on tells the story.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I believe that was a story Joe Shaffner told, and it was he who was getting hit upside the head with a hat box. Lol
    It was the stewardess[[that's what they called them back in the day LOL!), because she was trying to keep Diane from bringing that barking dog on board. It was Joe Shaffner that had to pay the airlines off to keep Motown from being sued and Diane being arrested! That's how I understood it.

OH MY! RanRan, I had no idea that an extended version of the song existed... I am listening to it right now and, oh my, that fake ending just got me!!!! Lol... I love it! There's even Stevie there at the beginning and Mary laughing at the end. How brilliant. Thank you very much!

And yes, I can't believe DJ's didn't play it simply because it was written and produced by Stevie Wonder, who was at the time, ON FIRE! [[hit-wise, obviously ) Should have gone to #1 in my opinion...

Wait, there are more Supremes-Stevie recordings? Yes!!! I was under the impression that "Bad Weather" was literally the one only thing they did together. Oh, wow, that's excellent news, thank you RanRan. Hope they get released sometime soon
    Mary sings "Bad Weather" in concert from time to time now.