[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Motown the Film

Motown the Film

Hi everyone,
    I am the archive researcher on the upcoming feature-length Motown documentary on which Berry Gordy is an executive producer.

I am on the hunt for footage, photographs and audio from 1972 and before of Hitsville and Motown stars.

Did you or someone you know work at Hitsville? Were you friends or colleagues with Motown musicians? Did you or they take photographs or shoot home movie footage; record interviews, meetings or jam sessions; keep notes, letters or paperwork?
    If so, I'd love to hear from you!
    Please do also get in touch if you have any ideas, tips or suggestions. They are all incredibly welcome!

My email is: hannahgreen@fulwell73.com

Thanks everyone!

Wow! How brilliant! Sadly, I don't know anything, but good luck with the film, Hannah. It sounds absolutely great!

Hi Hannah. Nice to have you with us. I hope you get results. I'll stick this thread to the top for awhile.

A special request - we're looking for photos and footage of Miller London from the 1960s/early-mid 1970s when he was a sales manager. He was one of our interviewees but we currently don't have anything of him from that period. Thank you!

Have you interviewed the First Lady of Motown Dr Martha Reeves for the movie.

thank you.

fondly,

Roberta

Hannah so much good and what I consider value items were discarded and destroyed when Donovan Building was demolished several years ago now. Some scavenged the site taking away photos, memos, even cancelled checks. Some of the material found has shown up on Ebay.

There is a lot available and recorded but I am not sure about how to secure the rights and permission to use certain material. I admire the challenge you have ahead of you.

I'm so glad, nice to meet with all Guys, I hope you find out best results. I will stick this thread to the top for awhile.

Even though The Isley Brothers stay at Motown was brief but I'd like to see Ronald Isley be interviewed in the documentary as well as Gladys Knight,the surviving members of The Temptations,The Four Tops,The Jackson 5 and maybe Lionel Richie.

thomas96 Guest
    I have been collecting Motown memorabilia for some time now and have quite a bit that may be of interest for this project. I tried Hannah's email in those posts and it did not send so not sure how to contact her at this point. I'd be happy to help if it is still needed. I do have some photos of Mickey Stephenson and Norman Whitfield and possibly others, and I know those were mentioned in the one thread as being of particular interest.

If I can still help at this point just let me know. Otherwise, oh well sorry I was too late.

Thomas

I hope this is a theatrical released documentary on Motown!

Is this still in production? I hope it hasn't died on the vine, I would love to see it!

Any updates on this film?

Mary, I received an email a couple of weeks back from the producer informing me that the music has been added to the video and it sounded awesome. I' haven't heard of a release date yet. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Mary, I received an email a couple of weeks back from the producer informing me that the music has been added to the video and it sounded awesome. I' haven't heard of a release date yet. Stay tuned.
    Hey Ralph, have you heard anything about how long it will be or if it will be released theatrically or released on something like Netflix, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Wow! Thank you for the update!