[REMOVE ADS]

If You Write A Song...Finish It!!

How many songs have you heard that start off great for the first verse or two and then...bang only the title verse over and over and it drives me nuts,and this happens to all artist..example-the temps mini hit from the eighties[aiming at your heart]had the writer put in another verse it may have been a real hit...finish it already!!

I think that sort of laziness can extend to choruses as well.

HDH seemed to have higher lyrical standards at Motown than at Invictus. As an example of what I mean, in Motown's "Heatwave" you get a decent rhyme with "It's like a heatwave, burning in my heart, I can't keep from crying, it's tearing me apart", but in Invictus's "Cherish What's Dear to You" all you get is a repetition of "Cherish what's dear to you while it's near to you, don't wait till it's gone". Would it have been asking too much for HDH to have made the effort and added another couplet to the chorus for the sake of variety?

That repetition of the title in the chorus is fairly typical of Invictus and seems a bit unimaginative for "the creative corporation".

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    How many songs have you heard that start off great for the first verse or two and then...bang only the title verse over and over and it drives me nuts,and this happens to all artist..example-the temps mini hit from the eighties[aiming at your heart]had the writer put in another verse it may have been a real hit...finish it already!!
    I have been listening to [[and loving) The Tempts' "Aiming At Your Heart" recently, and while it is utterly fantastic and rather catchy [[and worthy of being a hit), I do agree that it could have done with another verse. The lyrics do kinda end after two minutes, leaving the last three minutes as just chorus and scat singing... oh well... I still love it.