[REMOVE ADS]

martha reeves and the vandellas rock bbking last night

I attended t best show martha reeves and her sister put on last night at bbking blues club in manhattan. Her voice has gotten better than in recent years she hit those high notes and i mean high notes without skipping a scale or rumbling. They entered the stage with a rousing appluse martha in t middle with a gold lame gown while her sisters wore bronze dresses. 7 of her hits performed heat wave jimmy mack nowhere to run, memories heat wave, honey chille, my baby loves me a number from her home to u cd called watch ur back, a marvin gaye whats goin on,, a beautiful harmonized version of no one there from t black magic and her closing dancing in the street her sisters lois and delphine backing vocals were in top form . I got martha t sign three of my album covers and took pics w all three ladies. One thing u c count on when a motown act puts on a show u get ur moneys worth. They worked t whole show and only took one dress change when they returned to do t finale.

Wow! Fantastic to hear. Thanks for sharing, Fran.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 03-19-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Franjoy, I am sincerely happy to hear this. I love Ms. Martha and I love the Vandellas. They are our cultural treasures. To read that they are treated with such respect and admiration does my heart good. I don't think most people understand the impact Martha and the Vandellas had on our social and political environment. May they always be with us.

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    I attended t best show martha reeves and her sister put on last night at bbking blues club in manhattan. Her voice has gotten better than in recent years she hit those high notes and i mean high notes without skipping a scale or rumbling. They entered the stage with a rousing appluse martha in t middle with a gold lame gown while her sisters wore bronze dresses. 7 of her hits performed heat wave jimmy mack nowhere to run, memories heat wave, honey chille, my baby loves me a number from her home to u cd called watch ur back, a marvin gaye whats goin on,, a beautiful harmonized version of no one there from t black magic and her closing dancing in the street her sisters lois and delphine backing vocals were in top form . I got martha t sign three of my album covers and took pics w all three ladies. One thing u c count on when a motown act puts on a show u get ur moneys worth. They worked t whole show and only took one dress change when they returned to do t finale.
    Thank you my dear Frances for your loverly review the Frist Lady of Motown Recirds always puts on a first class show. She really is motowns greatest entertainer and legend.

fondly.

Roberta

Franjoy that sounds like a great night. You are so right about Motown artists giving value for money. Glad to hear that Martha, Lois and Delphine are still doing what they do best!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmo View Post
    Franjoy that sounds like a great night. You are so right about Motown artists giving value for money. Glad to hear that Martha, Lois and Delphine are still doing what they do best!
    just a side note martha said she is s solo artist, and t original vandellas roz snd annette are still performing in detroit
    So i have to chose my words carefully and lois said she is coming up on 50 yrs as a vandella
    Martha is motown most enduring singers w a glorious body of work.

Roberta have u ever met martha she is so kuch fun. This was my 4th time meeting her.

Roberta have u ever met martha she is so kuch fun. This was my 4th time meeting her.

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    three times Frances and yes, she is lovely loveluy lovely. I have a personal;y signed phoyto in the middle of my Motown Wall. My prized piossession.

Fondly,

Roberta

Great to hear.I've known Martha since 1962 but not real well until late 70's.She is suppose to come see us in Florida soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    three times Frances and yes, she is lovely loveluy lovely. I have a personal;y signed phoyto in the middle of my Motown Wall. My prized piossession.

Fondly,

Roberta
    i got anew one signed by martha as well as a group glossy. Best t you. On more martha memories.