[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson in Kyiv!

http://www.kyivpost.com/news/guide/s.../detail/94741/

Dream girl Mary Wilson

Jan 13 at 23:07 | Nataliya Horban

Mary Wilson was a founder and singer of the legendary girl band the Supremes.

Topping the American charts with soul and blues songs through the 1960s, the band was breathing down The Beatles’ necks.

The Supremes fell apart in the ’70s, but Wilson carried on singing their songs. An award-winning movie “Dreamgirls,” featuring singer Beyonce, was based on the Supermes’ success story.

Today Wilson takes active part in charity and community work, addressing various humanitarian problems. She is also a writer and a motivational speaker, giving “Dare to dream” speeches around the world.

Wilson will bring to Kyiv her collection of costumes “The Story of the Supremes from the Mary Wilson Collection.” It will be open for viewing in Ukrainian House from Feb. 4 to Feb. 14 free of charge.

Friday, Feb. 4, 7 p.m., National Music Academy, 11 Khreshchatyk St., metro Maidan Nezalezhnosti, 279-1242. Tickets: Hr 100-800

Read more: http://www.kyivpost.com/news/guide/s...#ixzz1BG8Bm4ae

I tried to access that link and this is what I got. Not sure what this is all about!

The Kyiv Post, effective Dec. 14, 2010, is blocking access to all web traffic originating from the United Kingdom in protest of the draconian libel laws there that hinder legitimate free speech and threaten the work of independent journalists, authors, scientists and others worldwide. In a phenomenon known as “libel tourism,” rich and powerful plaintiffs file lawsuits in London – “the libel capital of the world” – to exploit laws stacked in their favor, stifling journalism and threatening news organizations and others with costly lawsuits.
    If you have comments about the Kyiv Post ban, please address them to letters@kyivpost.com and include your name, city of residence and contact telephone number for verification.

For more information, please log on to: http://libelreform.org/

Wow, that is strange.

Has Mary or Diana toured Russia before? I don't remember that they have but I certainly don't have the memory that many of you here seem to have.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I tried to access that link and this is what I got. Not sure what this is all about!

The Kyiv Post, effective Dec. 14, 2010, is blocking access to all web traffic originating from the United Kingdom in protest of the draconian libel laws there that hinder legitimate free speech and threaten the work of independent journalists, authors, scientists and others worldwide. In a phenomenon known as “libel tourism,” rich and powerful plaintiffs file lawsuits in London – “the libel capital of the world” – to exploit laws stacked in their favor, stifling journalism and threatening news organizations and others with costly lawsuits.
    If you have comments about the Kyiv Post ban, please address them to letters@kyivpost.com and include your name, city of residence and contact telephone number for verification.

For more information, please log on to: http://libelreform.org/
    Sounds like the UK and Russia must be involved in some sort of spat and it's impacting internet access between the two nations.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Sounds like the UK and Russia must be involved in some sort of spat and it's impacting internet access between the two nations.
    Kiev is not in Russia. It's the capital of a completely independent country, called Ukraine. It is not Russia.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gordy_hunk View Post
    Kiev is not in Russia. It's the capital of a completely independent country, called Ukraine. It is not Russia.
    I stand corrected. Then I guess the UK and the Ukraine are in some sort of diplomatic dispute that has impacted internet site access for the two nations.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I stand corrected. Then I guess the UK and the Ukraine are in some sort of diplomatic dispute that has impacted internet site access for the two nations.
    Is is that or is it some factions from here fighting from the UK and in the Ukraine?

I could easily open the link to the Kiyvpost... 'because' I'm in Holland, you know, that clever little country cross the North Sea...
    Maybe Mary should have the dresses guarded day and night and even sleep herself in the Ukrainian House to keep them safeguarded.