[REMOVE ADS]

Question for Mary Wells Experts

Are there any appreciable differences between the 2012 stereo version of "My Heart Is Like a Clock" from the SOMETHING NEW: LOST AND FOUND set and the version that appears on the LOOKING BACK comp?

The version on Looking Back is in mono, while the version on Something New is in stereo.

Yes, I think it's a stereo mix. The song is very nice! It reminds me of "Left With A Broken Heart" by The Four Tops...

Here's the mono version...

Can't find the stereo mix on YouTube apart from the one uploaded by Universal [[which doesn't work!)...

And "Left With A Broken Heart"

Do they sound similar or is it just me??

Thanks, people! BTW, The Supremes are on backing vocals on the Wells track; you can hear each of them quite distinctly.
    Last edited by sansradio; 03-14-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Here's the mono version...

"My Heart Is Like A Clock" was recorded in March 1963 and the "My Guy" album wasn't released until May 1964 so don't you think it's crazy to play this track showing the "My Guy" album cover when the song wasn't included on that album!

Yes "sansradio" The Supremes are backing Mary on this one. They also back her on a few of her other early recordings from 1963 like "Have A Little Patience And Wait", [[released on the "Vintage Stock" album some time after she left Motown).

"Have A Little Patience And Wait" was not released on the "Vintage Stock" album. At least it's not on my copy.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    "Have A Little Patience And Wait" was not released on the "Vintage Stock" album. At least it's not on my copy.
    It is not on "Vintage Stock."