[REMOVE ADS]

Two sides to love-the temptations

How did this gem not be released? Yes i know that every song can't be a single but this magnificent beauty with eddie at his temptin best is work of soul art...just sayin!!

I absolutely love this song, but keep in mind it was up against heavyweights like I'm Losing You and You're My Everything

Oh arr&bee, this one is simply sublime...

It was of course released, on the brilliant With A Lot O' Soul album

I'm ashamed to say that this is the first time I have heard this wonderful track. Thanks for posting.

I see that Amazon have listed another original 5 album cd set on the Temptations for April release. This set includes the abovementioned 'With A Lot o' Soul' along with 'Temptations Sing Smokey, Temptin'Temptations, Gettin' Ready and Diana Ross and the Supremes join the Temptations'. This is one set I will definitely be buying.

"Two Sides To Love" is one of the prettiest, most heart-felt ballads The Temptations ever recorded. Eddie's lead vocals simply shine on it.

Yeah you can include "Just One Last Look" on that list. That is an ultimate crime that song wasn't released as a single. One of Ruffin's best performances to me. "It's You That I Need" was cool but "Just One Last Look" was the one. It was also the only song that HDH as a team did for the Tempts. I wonder if them leaving around this time was any conflict with "Just One Last Look."

The only released-at-the-time Tempts/HDH track, that is...

Of course[no more water in the well]was perhaps paul's last great lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Encyclopedia Mack View Post
    Yeah you can include "Just One Last Look" on that list. That is an ultimate crime that song wasn't released as a single. One of Ruffin's best performances to me. "It's You That I Need" was cool but "Just One Last Look" was the one. It was also the only song that HDH as a team did for the Tempts. I wonder if them leaving around this time was any conflict with "Just One Last Look."
    I completely agree... "Just One Last Look" is absolutely fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    The only released-at-the-time Tempts/HDH track, that is...
    Yes indeed, soulwally!

Enjoy this unreleased HDH song from 1964...!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Of course[no more water in the well]was perhaps paul's last great lead.

Ah well... while I agree that Paul is fantastic on "No More Water In Well", it surely can't be his last great lead... not with "Don't Let Him Take Your Love From Me" and "Running Away [[Ain't Gonna Help You)" anyway
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 03-18-2017 at 08:53 AM.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  21.1 KB
    In my estimation, "A Tear From A Woman's Eye" is right up there with "My Girl" and "Since I Lost My Baby" as one of the top 3 Temptations' songs.

Gorgeous ballad. One of the best on the album as well as JUST ONE LAST LOOK, SORRY IS A SORRY WORD, ALL I NEED, IT'S YOU THAT I NEED and NO MORE WATER IN THE WELL.