[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Promotional Advertising Posters - 24x36 and larger

I often think that it is a shame that a book has never been published showing pictures of all the Motown promotional advertising posters that have been used to advertise their product. Had Motown established a publicity department and kept a corporate file copy of each this might have been possible. But as you know most of any records have been stolen or destroyed and do not exist any longer.

I would like to start a thread where forum members can describe any posters that they have in their collections. Fortunately, I only have five. But then the question arises what else is out there somewhere that I might like to have. I am only referring to posters 24" x 36" and larger.

I am going to outline the five that I have and hopefully other members can use the format I have and maybe we can come up with a substantial number. This should be a good reference file for our use and information.

24x36 Motown Proudly Presents The Artists and Music That Started It all - [[60 album covers on.) No date indicated.

27x41 A fabulous Motown Sale on over 150 already low-priced records and tapes from the unique catalog of Motown artists. [[1982) [[30 album covers.)

24x36 M25 Anniversary - Motown celebrates it's next 25 years with brand new recordings - The new sounds and songs are coming from Motown. [[15 album covers shown and 30 45's.)

24x36 M25 Yesterday-Today-Forever. [[Several dozen 45's.)

24x36 THE SUPREME GIRLS - Are they really the Dream Girls? A fantastic sale-a-bration of all Supremes and Diana Ross records and tapes - all at a Dream of a Price starting at less than $5 an album or tape. [[22 album covers and 6 pictures of the Supremes.)

Looking forward to a lot of additional posters that are out there somewhere. Keep the thread going. Thank you.

This is the only one I have to share Bill....this is the 24X36 "Where Were You When" poster from 1983, the silver anniversary year when so many albums were reissued. I love the artwork on the poster, with a good sampling of album covers and many of the artists shown at the bottom as well.
    Darin

Name:  WWUW.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  60.3 KB